Why am I Always Tired? Causes and Treatment
Tiredness is defined as having less energy than usual. It does not define any one particular disease but is a symptom of many different diseases and conditions. Most of the time, tiredness causes difficulty with normal daily activities and leading to problems with attentiveness and there is also difficulty concentration. Patients may feel exhausted that can be either mentally, physically, or both. Every individual faces this normal part of life but if it persists, it may suggest a medical problem.
What are the causes of Tiredness?
The causes may range from lack of sleep and over exercise that may lead to medical and surgical treatments.
- Physical causes of tiredness
- A wide range of physical illnesses is caused due to tiredness includes:
- Lack of iron in the body (anemia)
- An under-activeness of the thyroid gland (hypothyroidism)
- Diabetes mellitus
- Heart failure
- Chest illnesses, which includes asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Addison’s disease
- Bowel related issues such as coeliac disease
- Carbon monoxide poisoning
- Frequency of a lot to pass urine at night which leads to various problems such as an overactive bladder or an enlarged prostate gland
- Breathing related problems at night that interferes with sleep (obstructive sleep apnoea).
- Vitamin D deficiency
- Glandular fever
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Pain caused due to medical conditions that keep you awake at night
- Side-effects of certain medications, for example, beta-blockers, medicines to lower cholesterol, some painkillers, some antidepressants
- Most physical causes of tiredness have other symptoms also. Some conditions such as anemia and hypothyroidism may not cause any other symptoms apart from tiredness.
Psychological causes of tiredness
Psychological tiredness is the most common cause of tiredness caused by a physical problem. Some psychological conditions like anxiety and depression can make you feel very tired. In underweight or overweight conditions, eating disorders can make you feel tired. Sleep-related issues will also cause tiredness during the day.
Other possible causes include:
- Domestic violence
- An unhealthy lifestyle can also be a cause of tiredness:
- An unhealthy lifestyle can cause tiredness. In this busy schedule, we become busier and busier and we can get tired. Causes include:
- Drinking too much consumption of alcohol
- Having an unhealthy and unbalanced diet like eating junk foods
- Taking recreational drugs
- Doing an excessive exercise or total lack of exercise
- Working on night shifts can lead to poor sleep pattern and result in tiredness
- Big life events such as getting married or shifting house
- No other specific causes for tiredness are found.
Other common causes of tiredness are
- Imbalance of hormones such as Thyroid Disease
- Infections caused by bacteria, fungus, parasites, viruses, etc
- Muscle Disease
- Pain due to an injury or trauma injury
- Radiation Therapy
What are the symptoms of tiredness?
Tiredness is a symptom of various diseases and the person may feel exhausted, either mentally, physically, or both. Symptoms of tiredness include
- Chronic tiredness or feeling of sleepiness
- Pain in muscles or muscle ache
- Weakening of muscles
- Body reflexes or responses may become slower
- Loss of concentration
- Difficulty or impairment in decision making
- Mood changes, such as irritability
What is the Ayurvedic treatment for Tiredness?
Chandigarh Ayurved Centre is providing you the best and wonderful treatment for curing acute as well as chronic tiredness. This herbal treatment is very useful in treating fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, etc in this busy schedule. It includes- nerve up tablets, immuno booster, reactive powder, and stress care that only work on the symptoms but also the root cause of the disease.
1. Nerve Up Tablet:
Nerve Up Tablet is a pure herbo-mineral formulation that provides strength to the nerves. These tablets work on the central nervous system and act as a nerve stimulator. It contains various herbal ingredients like Praval pishti, Abhrak bhasma, Shudha shilajit, Shudha kuchala, Shankh bhasma, etc. These ingredients balance the vitiated vata dosha in the body. It also treats pain, stiffness, inflammation, general weakness, muscle weakness, etc.
Dosage – Take 1 tablet twice daily with normal water after meals.
2. Immuno booster tablet:
Immuno booster tablet is a herbal formulation that helps to boost up the immune system of the body. Being an effective antioxidant, it protects the body against the damage caused by free radicals. It contains herbs such as giloy, ashwagandha, bala, mulethi, kali mirch, lavang, harar, tulsi, haldi, apamarg, etc. Its immunity-boosting property helps to ease headache, cough, and infections. It shows instant results in weakness caused by tiredness.
Dosage– 1 tab twice daily with plain water after a meal
3. Reactive powder:
Reactive Powder is a herbo-mineral powder which is used for bodybuilding and weight management without any side effects. It comprises of herbal ingredients such as Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus), Safed musli (Asparagus abscendens), Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), Vadari Kand (Puerania tuberosa), Salam Panja (Orchis lalifolia), Shudh Shilajeet (Asphaltum punjabianum), Kaunch beej (Mucuna prurita), etc. It increases the body’s stamina, treats weakness, calms the brain, and provides extra bone strength as well as muscle growth. This powder also enhances brain activity, relieves stress, fatigue, depression, and insomnia.
Dosage: 10 gm twice a day with lukewarm milk or water.
4. Stress care tablet:
As the name suggests, stress care tablet is used to treat physical as well as mental stress, fatigue, and tiredness. This herbal tablet supports sleep and calms emotional turbulence. These tablets have sarpagandha, brahmi, and jatamansi in it. It improves the blood circulation and possesses tranquilizer property for insomnia, anxiety, etc that further help in sleeping better.
Recommended Dosage – Take 2 tablets twice a day with normal water.