What is Typhoid? Symptoms, Causes and Ayurvedic Treatment
Typhoid fever, known as periodic fever, is a contagious fever. This fever is caused by exposure to Salmonella bacteria. In typhoid fever, the body temperature of a person goes above 102 degrees Celsius. Salmonella typhi bacteria are spread by dirty water and infected food. There is a need to take special care of the person suffering from typhoid. If cleanliness is taken care of in and around the patient properly, then usually the patients suffering from typhoid are completely cured in three to four weeks. Although it is possible to treat it, it is very important that the symptoms are identified and treatment is started as soon as possible. So, today we will tell you about some of the symptoms that appear when you get typhoid.
Causes of typhoid:
Typhoid is a serious disease, it is caused by the Salmonella enterica serotype Typhi bacteria! It also spreads with Salmonella paratyphi bacterium! This bacteria enters people through water and food and it spreads to many people!
Typhoid is contracted by drinking or eating contaminated water or food-winning bacteria. People with the acute disease can potentially contaminate the surrounding water supply through feces, as it contains a high concentration of bacteria. In water or dry sewage, this bacteria can survive.
The incubation period for typhoid is about 1-2 weeks and the disease lasts for about 3-4 weeks.
Symptoms of typhoid
- Fever up to 108 degrees
- Body pain
- Deteriorated appetite
- Diarrhea and constipation
- Stomach pain
If treated on time, its symptoms can be cured in 3 to 5 days, however, it can usually worsen over a few weeks, and in some cases, the complication of developing typhoid fever is a significant risk. Many people also experience abdominal pain and congestion. Fever stabilizes. Improvement can be seen in the third and fourth weeks in cases without complications. About 10% of people have recurrent symptoms even after feeling better for one to two weeks. Relapse is more common in people treated with antibiotics.
Typhoid can lead to serious health problems if not detected in time and so as they say prevention is better than cure ‘it is better to be safe with primitive measures to remain unaffected by the virus that spreads typhoid. To prevent, you must do the following:
- Vaccination: Two vaccinations are available which protect against typhoid. Talk to your doctor about the correct course of vaccination.
- Food Safety: Drinking boiled, bottled, or chemically disinfected water: Avoid drinking until it has been boiled before, avoid washing food, or brushing your teeth with tap water. Drink bottled water where possible or chemically disinfected. Avoid uncooked food. Make sure that whatever food you eat is cooked well to destroy any harmful germs.
- Ensure hygiene: Always ensure that you keep your personal belongings, home, and surroundings clean so that Dettol disinfectant liquid can be used to avoid typhoid bacteria exposure.
- Keep good hand hygiene: Remember to wash your hands regularly with germ protection solutions such as germ protection hand wash or Dettol bar soap.
How is typhoid tested – Typhoid test
In the initial stage, the patient’s blood sample is examined and treatment is started. Apart from this, the presence of typhoid bacteria in his body is detected by performing a stool test of the patient. Vidal test is also the prevalent method of testing for typhoid, but after several times the typhoid is cured, the Vidal test keeps coming positive in the blood of the patient every year. For this, conducting stool and typhoid tests is a better option. Sometimes if the infection is more, if the patient has more abdominal pain or vomiting, sonography may also be done.
High fever occurs during typhoid. In this case, soak a cloth in cold water and wipe the body. Apart from this, keeping the bandages of cold water on the head also reduces the body temperature. Change the clothes at a regular interval of time. It is very important to keep in mind that water is not of ice. Use ordinary water to keep the bandage.
How to cure typhoid naturally
- Drinking the juice of basil and sunflower leaves provides relief in typhoid.
- The garlic effect is hot and is a natural antibiotic. In ghee, fry grated 4-8 garlic buds and eat rock salt.
- Drink apple juice after adding ginger juice to it, it provides relief in all kinds of fever.
- Grind ripe banana and mix it with one spoon of honey and eat it twice a day.
- Cloves have typhoid healing properties. Clove oil has antibacterial properties. Boil 4-5 cloves in 2 cups of water.
What to eat and drink during typhoid
- Boiled water
- Cow’s milk
- coconut water
- Clove water
- Apple, Mousambi, Pomegranate, Grapes, Papaya, Manuka Granule
- Porridge, rice, moong dal khichdi
- Boiled moong dal and chapati
- Vegetables include spinach, gourd, gilki, bitter gourd.
- Take full rest
- Don’t take a shower
- Stay away from these things in typhoid
- Do not drink outside the water. If the water is not clean then boil it well and drink it. Do not use ice in the water at all.
- Do not eat heavy food like – Dal-Bati, Halwa-Puri, Malpua
- Oil spicy hot items like – Chaat, Pakoras, Pizza, Burgers, Kachori, Samosa, Noodles, Pani Patashe.
- Stay away from Nanvej such as chicken, mutton, fish, egg.
- Do not exercise. Do not worry rest at night.
1. Giloy capsules
These herbal capsules are prepared from the extract of herb Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia) that improves the immunity & prevent infections in the body. The antipyretic property of this herb reduces fever naturally. Giloy capsule shows antioxidant, analgesic, anti-inflammatory, rejuvenating, immunomodulator, etc properties that relieve dengue fever signs and symptoms. These herbal tablets reduce Kapha dosha, detoxifies pitta dosha, & pacifies Vata dosha. This vati prevents all types of fever, deal with recurrent infection, cold, weakness, etc.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 capsule twice daily with normal water.
2. Amrit Tulsi Ras
CAC Amrit tulsi ras is Holy basil (Ocimum sanctum) or tulsi is a powerful herb that has been used in Ayurveda and other traditional medical treatments in India for thousands of years. The small holy basil shrub with tiny flowers is considered a sacred plant in India. It was believed that the holy basil leaves had potent powers to flush out toxins from the body. People have tulsi water (water which has tulsi leaves soaked overnight) or chew on a tulsi leaf to improve overall health. Several health products are available with tulsi extracts to help treat cold, cough, and the flu.
Recommended Dosage: Take 2-3 drops twice daily with normal water.
3. Immuno Booster Tablet
It is a pure herbal combination that helps to build up immunity. it consists of effective levels of antioxidants. vitamin C and E circulate in the body to protect it against the damage caused by free radicals. it has natural immunity-boosting properties to prevent and ease cough, cold, headache, and infections. it provides quick relief from early signs of running nose, itching throat, body ache, and weakness. It consists of Giloy, Ashwagandha, Bala – 100 mg, Mulethi, Kali mirch, Lavang, Harar, Tulsi, etc
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 tablet twice daily with normal water.
4. Detox Premium Powder
CAC DETOX PREMIUM POWDER is herbs-mineral sachets which are purely Ayurvedic formulation. These sachets mainly detox the body and eliminate toxic substances and help in proper metabolism of all the functions. This formulation acts at the level of the nervous system and facilitate proper conduction of signal impulse from the nerves to the muscles. These sachets have anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and immune-modulator. The ingredients present in it are moti pishti, parwal pishti, shukta pishti, Giloy satv, kamdudha ras, Jahar Mohra, akik pishti, gandhak rasayan, sutshekhar ras, etc. These ingredients balance all the three doshas (Vata, Pitta & Kapha) and help in blood purification, reduces burning sensation, weakness, and hot flashes in patients. It reduces the level of high uric acid in the body. The powder is very beneficial in relieving discomfort, numbness, muscle ache, and reduces swelling of the pelvic region.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 sachet twice daily with normal water.
5. Liver care tablet
CAC Liver Care Tablet is a herbo-mineral tablet of size 650 MG and is a purely ayurvedic formulation. CAC Liver Care tablets help in balancing Pitta dosha. These tablets stimulate the growth of new liver cells, promote functions of liver, and improve blood flow from the liver. It helps in the treatment of fatty liver, Liver cirrhosis, Hepatitis, Typhoid, hepatomegaly, and obstructive Jaundice. CAC Liver Care Tablets contains Ingredients like Kalmegh (Andrographis paniculata), Kutaki(Picrorhiza kurroa), Bhumi amla( phyllanthus niruri), Giloy(Tinopora Cordifolia), Yavakshar( Hordeum vulgare), Imli Kshar( Tamarindus indica), Mukta Shukta pisti etc.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 tablet twice daily with normal water.