What is Ringworm? How to treat Ringworm by Natural Medicines
What is Ringworm?
Ringworm is not a worm but it is a misnomer, is a fungus that causes the infection. It is also known as dermatophytosis, dermatophyte infection, or tinea. The lesion formed by this infection resembles a worm in the shape of a ring hence it is called ringworm. Both humans and animals are prone to this infection. In the initial stage, there is the formation of red patches on affected areas of the skin and later may spread to other parts of the body. This can affect the scalp, feet, nails, groin, beard, or other areas. But when it happens in between your toes then it is referred to as athlete’s foot. If it spreads to the groin region then it is known as jock itch.
What are the causes of Ringworm?
Ringworm is caused by a type of fungus that eats keratin so it is called dermatophytes. They attack the body parts which have enough keratin to attract them like skin, scalp, hair, and nails. These microscopic spores can survive on the surface of the skin for months.
Different types of fungi cause ringworm and it depends upon the parts where it affects the body:
- Ringworm of the scalp (tinea capitis): It often starts as an isolated scaling in the scalp that develops into itchy, scaly bald patches. Children are more prone to it.
- Ringworm of the body (tinea corporis): There is an appearance of patches on the skin with the characteristic round ring shape.
- Jock itch (tinea cruris) refers to ringworm infection of the skin that happens around the groin, inner thighs, and buttocks. This is mostly happening in men and adolescent boys.
- Athlete’s foot (tinea pedis): This type of infection happens in the foot and it is often seen in those who go barefoot in public places where the infection can spread, such as locker rooms, showers, and swimming pools.
It can happen in the following ways:
- From another person: It mainly spread through skin-to-skin contact.
- From your pets: Rubbing or grooming Sparky, wash your hands and it is very common in cows.
- By touching objects: By touching the affected objects like surfaces, clothes, towels, and in combs and brushes can cause ringworm.
What are the symptoms of Ringworm?
The main signs and symptoms of ringworm may include:
- A scaly and ring-shaped area develops mainly on the buttocks, trunk, arms, and legs
- A scaly area inside the ring, perhaps with a scattering of red bumps
- Slightly raised and expanding rings
- Flat patches on the itchy skin
- Overlapping rings
- Patches may develop blisters
- If it develops in your nails, they may become thicker or discolored, or they may begin to crack. It this infection develops on your scalp then the hair around it may break or fall off, and bald patches may develop.
What is the Ayurvedic treatment for Ringworm?
Chandigarh Ayurved Centre is providing you the best Ayurvedic Kit for curing ringworm infection known as “Ringworm Go Kit”. This kit not only works on the symptoms but also the root cause of the disease. The herbs present in this kit are pure and natural. These herbal supplements are pure and are free additives, chemicals, fillers, and have no side effects. This kit contains 6 herbal formulations like Detox Premium Powder, Skin Care Tablet, Blood Purifier Syrup, Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu, Liver Care Tablet, Twak Churna, and Twak Tailam.
Description of products:
1. Blood Purifier Syrup:
Blood Purifier Syrup is the herbal syrup that eliminates out the toxins from the blood naturally because this syrup consists of natural herbs like Harad (Terminalia bellirica), Neem (Azadirachta indica), Amla (Emblica officinalis), Manjistha (Rubia cordifolia), Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia), etc. It restores the skin to its fullest potential and keeps its elasticity after the infection develops. It also gives a complexion to the skin.
Recommended Dosage: Take 2 teaspoonful twice daily.
2. Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu:
Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu is the best Ayurvedic medicine in the management of ringworm as it prevents the skin from further infection also. The herbs present in this formulation are Vasa (Adhatoda vasica), Neem (Azadirachta indica), Patola (Trichosanthes dioica), Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia), etc. These herbs rejuvenate the skin and reduce skin rashes, redness, dryness, etc.
Recommended Dosage: Take 2 tablets twice daily with normal water.
3. Detox Premium Powder:
Detox Premium Powder is a herbo-mineral ingredient that is beneficial in the treatment of ringworm. The ingredients present in it are Giloy satva, Parwal pishti, Moti pishti, Akik pishti, Gandhak rasayan, Jahar mohra, Tal sindoor, etc. All these ingredients will provide a cooling effect to the body. It eliminates the ama (toxins) from the body and hence it treats the pain as well as inflammation associated with ringworm.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 sachet twice a day with normal water.
4. Skin Care tablet:
A skincare tablet is specially formulated to treat ringworm because it has Khadir chaal, Chirayta, Mulethi, Panchnimb churna, Gandhak, Haridra khand, Chopchini, Ajmoda that work on all skin types. This tablet removes stagnant blood and dissolves obstructions in the blood flow. It increases the blood circulation in the skin and detoxifies the blood. It treats all the symptoms associated with ringworm. This is the best treatment for ringworm and other fungal infections.
Dosage: Take 1-2 tablets twice daily with normal water.
5. Twak Churna:
Twak churna contains two main herbs such as Manjistha (Rubia cordifolia) and Chopchini (Smilax malabarica). It possesses detoxification as well as blood purification properties. It can also be used for hand lotion to treat dry, cracked hands, or feet. This churna also helps to rejuvenate and promote longevity. It also opens the blocked sweat pores and treats the symptoms associated with ringworm. It keeps the skin soft and healthy.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 teaspoonful twice a day with normal water.
6. Liver Care Tablet:
The liver care tablet contains Kalmegh (Andrographis paniculata), Punarnava (Borehavia diffusa), Kaasni (Cichorium intybus), and Sharpunkha (Tephrosia purpurea). As per Ayurveda these herbs balance the tridoshas (vata, pitta, and kapha) and remove the ama with its natural antioxidant properties. It also keeps the liver healthy and increases the regeneration of healthy cells. It possesses hepatoprotective, anti-inflammatory, and anti-oxidant properties.
Recommended Dosage – Take 2 tablets twice a day with normal water.
7. Twak Tailam:
Twak tailam has the property to increases the skin luster and nourishes the skin tissues. The main ingredients present in it are yashtimadhu (Glycyrrhiza glabra) and manjistha (Rubia cordifolia). As per Ayurveda, these herbs are the best natural blood purifying herbs which prevent the development of increases. It cures the ringworm permanently.
Method of Application – Apply over the affected area of the skin.