Thyroid-related illness is caused by unhealthy eating and stressful living. According to Ayurveda, thyroid related disease is caused by Vata, Pitta and Kapha. When vata and kapha defects occur in the body, then the person has a thyroid. You can try Ayurvedic methods to treat thyroid. Vata and Kapha doshas are balanced by Ayurvedic treatment.
What is thyroid ?
Thyroid-related disturbances cause thyroid-related diseases such as Hyperthyroidism or Hypothyroidism. Thyroid gland is also called avatu gland. The Avatu or Thyroid glands is one of the largest atrophic glands found in the human body.
This bipedal conformation is located at approximately the same level as the Cricoids’ Cartilage below the larynx in our throat. The thyroid gland has a special contribution in the metabolism of the body.
This thyroid gland secretes hormones called Tri – iodothyronin (T3) and Thyrocalcitonin. These hormones affect the body’s metabolic rate and other developmental mechanisms. Thyroid hormone controls the speed of all the processes in our body.
Thyroxine hormone controls the metabolism of fats, proteins and carbohydrates.
It reduces the amount of sugar, cholesterol and phospholipids in the blood.
It controls bones, muscles, sexual and mental growth.
Controls heart rate and blood pressure.
Increases lactation in women.
There are two types of thyroid gland disorders –
Hyperactivity of the thyroid gland leads to overproduction of T4 and T3 hormone. When the production of these hormones starts in high quantity, then the body starts using energy in more quantity. This is called hyperthyroidism. This problem is seen more in women than men. These are the symptoms of its identity: –
- Excess of Thyroid hormone increases metabolism in the body, and every activity starts rapidly.
- Excessive sweating.
- Shaking hands.
- Hair thinning and loss.
- Insomnia (trouble sleeping)
- Muscle weakness and pain.
- Increased heartbeat.
- Weight loss occurs even after feeling very hungry.
- Menstrual irregularity is seen in women.
- Osteoporosis occurs, due to which the calcium in the bone is rapidly depleted.
Hypothyroidism occurs due to hypothyroidism of the thyroid. It can be identified with these problems: –
- Slow heart rate.
- Always be tired
- To be more sensitive to cold.
- Weight gain due to slowing metabolism.
- Thinning and breaking of nails.
- Reduced sweating.
- Dryness and itching in the skin.
- Joint pain and muscle stiffness.
- More hair loss.
- Swelling of the eyes.
- To forget again and again.
- Confuse, unable to think and understand.
- Irregularity in menstruation. The cycle of 28 days is 40 days or more.
- Swelling of face and eyes.
- Increased blood cholesterol levels.
- Infertility can occur in women.
Causes of thyroid disease
These reasons can be caused by thyroid: –
- Living a more stressful life affects the activation of thyroid hormone.
- Thyroid glands are particularly affected due to low or high iodine in the diet.
- The disease can also be genetic. If other family members have also had this problem, then other family members may also have this problem.
- An imbalance in thyroid hormones is seen during pregnancy in women, as many hormonal changes occur in the body of women during this time.
- Due to overuse of soy products in food.
Other causes of thyroid
Thyroid disease can also be caused due to these diseases: –
- Hashimoto’s disease-This disease makes one part of the thyroid gland become inactive.
- Thyroiditis-It is caused by inflammation in the thyroid gland. In the beginning there is an overproduction of thyroid hormone, and later it decreases. This causes hypothyroidism. Many times it is seen in women after pregnancy.
- Deficiency of Iodine-Lack of iodine in the diet leads to hypothyroidism, so iodized salt should be used.
- Graves – disease-Graves’ disease is the main cause of hypothyroidism in adults. In this disease, the body’s immune system begins to produce antibodies that increase TSH. It is a genetic disease that goes on from generation to generation.
- Goitre disease- This disease can also be caused by goitre disease.
- Vitamin B12- Vitamin B12 can also cause hypothyroidism.
- In thyroid disease, eat a low fat diet.
- Include more and more fruits and vegetables in the food.
- Eat especially green leafy vegetables. They contain an appropriate amount of iron, which is beneficial for thyroid patients.
- Eat foods rich in nutrients. Taking food containing minerals and vitamins helps to control thyroid.
- Eat a diet containing iodine.
- Consume more nuts like almonds, cashew nuts and sunflower seeds. They contain sufficient amount of copper, which is beneficial in thyroid.
- Milk and yogurt should be consumed under thyroid home remedies.
- For home treatment of thyroid, you should consume more vitamin-A. For this you can eat carrots.
- Eat whole grains. It is rich in fiber, protein and vitamins.
- Elements present in liquorice make the thyroid gland balanced. It also prevents the cancer from growing in the thyroid.
- Eat wheat and jowar.
Your Lifestyle for Thyroid Disease
All these changes should be made in the lifestyle during thyroid: –
- Try to live a stress free life.
- Do yoga.
- Do not eat junk food and preservative foods.
- Avoid smoking, alcohol etc.
Yoga for Thyroid Disease
You can also do yoga to treat, it provides benefits: –
- Do pranayama and meditation regularly.
- Surya namaskar
- Do Pawanmuktasan.
- Do ustrasana.
- Do the halasan.
- Perform Bhujangasana.
Home Remedies for Thyroid Disease
You can try these home remedies to cure thyroid: –
Eat liquorice. Triterpenoid glycerythenic acid, a major component found in liquorice, inhibits the growth of Thyroid Cancer Cells.
2. Ashwagandha Churna
At night, take one spoon of Ashwagandha Churna with lukewarm milk of cow. Its leaves or root can also be boiled in water and drink. Ashwagandha removes imbalance of hormones.
Add half a teaspoon of aloe vera juice to two teaspoons of basil juice and drink. This cures thyroid disease.
4. Green coriander
Grind green coriander and drink it in a glass of water. This will give relief from thyroid disease.
5. Triphala powder
Drink one teaspoon of Triphala powder daily. It is very beneficial.
6. Turmeric and Milk
By drinking turmeric in milk every day, thyroid treatment is also done
Use of gourd
Drinking gourd juice on an empty stomach works best in thyroid disease. It calms the disease.
7. Black Pepper
Regularly consume small amounts of black pepper in food.
AYURVEDIC MEDICINES BY CAC
1. Detox Premium Powder
These herbal sachets are prepared from ingredients such as Shankh bhasma, Sutshekhar ras, Parvalpishti, Shukta, Giloy, Kamdudha ras, Shvetparpati that gives calming effect on the stomach.
- Shankh bhasma: This ayurvedic bhasma is prepared from conch shell. The bhasma shows antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antacid, digestive stimulant properties. The problems like indigestion, heartburn, acid reflux, abdominal pain, loss of appetite, etc are easily treated with it.
- Sutshekhar ras: It is an ayurvedic preparation that maintains pitta dosha in the body. This ras provides effective results in abdominal pain, heartburn, nausea, fever, headache, epigastric tenderness, etc.
- Parval pishti: This pishti is prepared from coral calcium processed in rose water. It provides effective results in acidity, burning sensation, headache, etc.
- Shukta pishti: This pishti balances the pitta dosha in the body and removes all toxins from the body.
- Giloy satv: Giloy satv possesses antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, carminative, immunomodulator, etc properties. It eliminates the ama from body hence provide good results in acidity problem.
- Kamdudha ras: This ras reduces heat, burning sensation, epigastrium tenderness, irritability, heartburn, and acidity.
- Shwet parpati: It is also effective in acidity.
Recommended Dosage: Take one sachet twice daily.
2. Trikatu Tablet
Trikatu Tablet is a hebo-mineral tablet of 650 MG and is purely Ayurvedic formulation. CAC Trikatu Tablet helps to eliminate excess Kapha or mucous from the body, supports respiratory system, manages weight, helps to take out impurities or ama from the body, supports healthy detoxification, reduces swelling. It shows anti-inflammatory, analgesic, expectorant, antioxidant properties. This tablet is made up of equal parts of three herbs such as Pippali (Piper longum), Shunthi (Zingiber officinale), & Marich (Piper nigrum) that maintains the metabolism in the body. The regular use of this tablet balances the thyroxine hormone and treats hyperthyroidism naturally. It is an Appetizer and it improves digestion, supports normal gastric function, and normal circulation.
Recommended Dosage: Take one tablet twice daily.
3. Thyroheal Tablet
Thyroheal Tablet is a herbo-mineral tablet of size 800 MG and a purely ayurvedic formulation. CAC Thyroheal tablets help in balancing the Kapha dosha. These tablets help mainly in balancing Thyroid Hormones and also helps in weight management, lowers Cholesterol levels, Improves brain functions, lowers blood pressure. The tablets are prepared from the extract of various herbs such as Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri), Kanchnar (Bauhinia variegate), Shudh Guggul (Commiphora mukul), & Gandhir (Coelus forskohlii). These Ingredients help in maintaining an irregular heartbeat, rapid heartbeat. These herbal tablets maintain the proper function of thyroid glands and treat Hyperthyroidism.
Recommended Dosage: Take one tablet twice daily.
4. Kanchnar Guggul
Kanchnar Guggul is an Ayurvedic and Herbal medicine. It is available in the form of a tablet and it is to be taken orally. They are processed by decreasing the decoction of vegetable substances to a thick density and after pouring some powders for creating a pill mass. CAC Kanchnar guggul is pure herbal medicines which checks and treats any kind of abnormal growth in the body, healing of ulcers, thyroid disorders, hernia, lesions and cancer. All kind of unwanted growth and fluid retentions in the body is treated by CAC Kanchnar Guggul and it reduces all kinds of lumps in the body.
Recommended Dosage: Take one tablet twice daily.
5. Triphala Syrup
Triphala Syrup ancient herbal remedy contains equal parts of three herbs like T. Chebula, T.bellirica rox, and E. officinalis. These ingredients are very beneficial for digestive system, maintain bowel wellness, helps in abdominal bloating, and flatulence. Triphala Syrup is tridosha hara. It is used to detoxify the body and support the immune system. It is known for its antibacterial, antioxidant, and antiviral abilities. It is prescribed for treating fatigue and gastric distress, pneumonia, constipation, vaginal infections, and piles.
Recommended Dosage: Take 2 tablespoon daily.