Uterine Fibroid Ayurvedic and Herbal Treatment
Fibroids are abnormal growths that develop in or on a woman’s uterus or Fibroids are muscular tumors that grow in the wall of the uterus (womb). Fibroids are almost always benign (not cancerous). Fibroids can grow as a single tumor, or there can be more than one in the uterus. They can be as small as an apple seed or sometimes these tumors become quite large as a grapefruit and cause severe abdominal pain and heavy periods in other cases, there will be no signs or symptoms at all.
Most women with uterine fibroids have no symptoms. However, fibroids can cause lots of symptoms depending on location within the uterus, their size, and how close they are to adjacent pelvic organs. These symptoms are most commonly pain, abnormal bleeding and pressure.
We exactly do not know why women develop these tumors. Genetic abnormalities, alterations in growth factor, abnormalities in the vascular (blood vessel) system, and tissue response to injury have all been suggested to plays important role in the development of fibroids. Family history plays important role, since there is often a history of fibroids developing in women of the same family.
Uterine fibroids are found incidentally during a routine pelvic exam.. The growths are typically benign, or noncancerous. The cause of fibroids is unknown.
Fibroids arecalled: myomas , Leiomyomas , uterine myomas, fibromas
According to the Office on Women’s Health, upto 80% of women have fibroid by the age of 50. Fibroids are not been observed in girls who have not reached puberty.
However, most women don’t have any symptom and sometime never know they have fibroids.
What are the different types of fibroids?
Intramural fibroids are commonly found fibroid. It is embedded in the muscular wall of the womb. Intramural fibroids may grow larger and can stretch your womb.
Subserosal fibroids are on the outside of your uterus, which is called the serosa. They can make your womb appear bigger on one side by growing large enough .
Subserosal tumors can develop a stem, like a slender base that act as a supports to the tumor. When they do, they’re known as pedunculated fibroids.
These types of tumors mainly develop in the middle muscle layer, or myometrium, of your uterus. Submucosal tumors are not much common like others.
Signs and symptoms of Uterine Fibroids?
Most women with fibroids will not experience any symptoms. However, numerous fibroids and large fibroids can cause the following symptoms:
- Most common symptom is Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Pelvic pain and pressure
- heavy, painful periods, also known as menorrhagia, prolonged periods, or spotting between menses
- Difficulty getting pregnant.
- anemia from heavy periods
- lower backache or leg pain
- pain or discomfort in the lower abdomen, especially in the case of large fibroids
- frequent urination
- pressure on the rectum with difficult and painful defecation
- pain during intercourse, known as dyspareunia.
Other possible symptoms include:
- labor problems
- pregnancy problems (While fibroids do not interfere with ovulation some studies suggest that they may impair fertility and lead to poorer pregnancy outcome)
- fertility problems
- repeated miscarriages
What are the cause Uterine Fibroids?
- Genetics(e.g., genetic mutations in the MED12, HMGA2, etc)
- Estrogen and progesterone. (these are the two hormones that stimulate development of the uterine lining during each menstrual cycle in preparation for pregnancy, appear to promote the growth of fibroids.
Fibroids contain more amount of estrogen and progesterone receptors than normal uterine muscle cells do. Growth hormones and Micronutrients, such as iron, that the body needs only small amounts of in the blood. For instance, a deficiency of vitamin D may develop uterine fibroids.
- Extracellular matrix (ECM). ECM makes your cells stick to each other. Fibroids have more Extra cellular matrix than normal cells, which makes them fibrous. ECM also keeps growth factors in it and causes cells to change.
Ayurvedic view for uterine fibroids
In Ayurveda, Uterine fibroid is considered as Garbhashyagata (intrauterine) Granthi (encapsulated growth). The symptoms are similar to the condition “pradara” which is menorrhagia. Uterine fibroids usually develop before menopause and are caused due to an imbalance in all of your doshas, in particular, the kapha dosha. The other doshas are also involved – if there is bleeding, it means the pitta is aggravated, and the uterus being the spot of the apana vata, a fault in the vata is implied.
CHANDIGARH AYURVED CENTRE has medicine Kanchnaar guggle , wonen plus, women champion syrup, famine care tablet, trikatu tab , these medicine are very effective in treating imbalanced tridoshas specially kapha dosha
Description of medicines:
1. Femine care tablets:
Femine care tablet is an Ayurvedic formulation that work on female reproductive system and make it healthy. Ghritkumari (Aloe Vera), Muramakki (Commiphora myrah), Sonth (Zingiber Officinale), Hara Kasis. These tablets shows antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and immune-modulator properties. These tablets helps to treat polycystic ovarian syndrome, endometriosis, amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea, uterine fibroids etc.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 tablet twice daily.
2. Kanchnaar Guggul Tablets:
These are classical herbal tablets that are in use for cyst type of problems. The tablets relieve all the signs and symptoms related to uterine fibroids patients. Kachnaar Guggul tablets are prepared from Kachnaar (Bauhinia variegate), Shunthi (Zingiber officinale), Maricha (Piper nigrum), Pippali (Piper longum), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica), Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), etc that shows anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antioxidant, etc properties.
Recommended Dosage: Take 2 tablets twice daily with normal water.
3. Trikatu Syrup:
This herbal syrup is prepared from three ingredients like Long pepper (Piper longum), Black pepper (Piper nigrum), & Ginger (Zingiber officinale). Trikatu syrup reduces nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite related to uterine fibroid patients.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 teaspoonful twice daily.
4. Women Champion Syrup:
Woman Champion is a pure herbal and ayurvedic formulation that is an effective tonic for women and helps to maintain their health. It balances all the doshas of the body and it also maintains the hormonal levels. It has Lodhra, Manjishta, Ashok chaal Punarnava, Shatavar, Bala, Daruharidra, Nagarmotha present in it that help the women in symptoms like mood changes, stress, headache and pain.
5. Women power plus tablet:
CAC woman power tablet is a complete health supplement for women which is best for female health and vital energy. It helps to build up the immunity. This is a pure herbo mineral product of the best quality herbs. The herbs used are Ashoka, Shatavari, anatmool, etc. These are herbs used since ancient times to maintain female health metabolism.
It works well in the reproductive system and other health-related disorders. The extract of these herbs is used which provides multiple health benefits. These herbs have the potential to improve female health and libido.
Recommended Dosage: Take 2 tablets twice daily with normal water.
What is the Panchakarma Treatment for uterine fibroid?
Panchakarma is the best way to treat any type of acute or chronic diseases as it overall detoxifies the body. Chandigarh Ayurved Centre provides the Bliss therapy consisting of Abhyanga, Shirodhara, Swedana treatments. It helps in pacifying Vata dosha and nourishes the system. The therapies are beneficial for the treatment of uterine fibrosis and are conducted under the supervision of an Ayurvedic Doctor.
Healthy Tips and Diet for uterine fibrosis Patients-
- Take plenty of fresh fruits, and vegetable in raw, juice, or soup form.
- Avoid hard digesting and junking food items.
- Avoid ice creams, cold drinks, alcohol, smoking, etc.
- Eat warm, nutritious and easily digestible foods like khichadi and soup which give the gastrointestinal tract a rest and facilitate cleansing.
- Drink filtered or boiled water.
- Limit the use of Contraceptive pills.
- Eat a Calcium-rich food at each meal that helps in maintaining the bone density.
- Medication and Relaxation techniques are beneficial to overcome mental stress.
- Daily oil massage can be helpful in maintaining the imbalanced dosha.
- Take deepana dravyas like Cinnamon (is a good choice because of its demulcent and stimulating properties), Dried Ginger (works as an emmenagogue), & Turmeric (helps to regulate menses by decongesting the liver).
- Exercise is very beneficial to bring back the menstrual cycle because it reduces stress and brings balance to the endocrine system.
- Regular practicing yoga has good results in the treatment of uterine fibrosis. Do perform Yoga Asana such as Dhanurasana, Ustrasana, Bhujangasana, Malasana, and Baddha Konasana.
- Do perform Pranayama like Anulom Vilom, Shitali, Sheetkari, and Chandrabhedi pranayama.