Uses and Benefits of Udvartana (Udwarthanam) Panchakarma Therapy
Here is the amazing Panchakarma Therapy, udvartana for excess weight. It is the special therapeutic deep tissue massage below the neck with oil and herbal powder in a direction opposite to the direction of hair on the body is termed as Udwarthanam massage. The powder is rubbed forcibly. Udwarthanam is generally known as Ayurvedic body scrub detailing the particular use of an herbal paste called lepam, which is prepared from dried herbal powders, beans, milk and a species of healing oils. (Another fewer common course is through the implementation of steam).
HERBS USED IN UDVARTANA
Triphala is the powder commonly used in this treatment. It is a blend of excellent nerve stimulating agents such as myrobalan, belerica and gooseberry. Other commonly used herbs are the roots Cestus, deodar, Senna, horse gram, Phyllanthus and mustard. Horse gram and mustard, which is considered hot in nature which are very good nerve stimulator.
The warmed herbal powder is massaged in the opposite direction to hair follicles. The procedure is performed in seven postures. If the skin is over sensitive, olive oil or sesame oil is mixed with the herbal powder. Allow the patient to rest. After 15 to 20 minutes gap of rest, bath by luke warm water is taken. A little bit moisturizing of the skin is done after bath.
It is done for 45 minutes to one hour.
This treatment is good for diseases such as diabetic neuropathy, paralysis, obesity, skin care, sciatica, indigestion and sclerosis of blood vessels. The massage activates the nerves and increases blood flow to the affected body part. Udvarthanam massage is also important to preserve health. As massage stimulates blood flow activates, revitalizes and restores the body, thus preserving their strength, skin texture, and natural elasticity. It is known to be effective at certain skin diseases. The reduction of fat is an important benefit in cases of obesity. For those who want to eliminate fat and cellulite from the dead, it is advisable to monitor Udwarthanam with herbal steam, Dhara Takara and internal medicine.
- Reduces the accumulated sub cutaneous fats. It removes cellulites and thus help in weight reduction. Removes Kapha toxins from the body.
- Exfoliates dead cells, softens the skin. It leads to a sense of a lightness in the body.
- Detoxification and purification. It imparts mobility to the joints. Prevents untimely drowsing.
- Increase the blood circulation opens up the body channels. It enhances and facilitates and the metabolic activity of the skin complexion. Cures itching sensation.
- Strengthens and tone up the muscles. Toning the skin and muscles after child delivery or weight loss.
- It reduces the blood cholesterol, stimulates the skin. Revitalizes the sense of touch.
DISEASES IN WHICH UDHWARTANA IS INDICATED
- Motor neuron disorders
- Parkinson’s disease
- Muscular dystrophy
- Multiple sclerosis
- Hemiplagia, cerebral palasy
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Obesity, diabetes Very effective in Atisthoulya (Obesity), weight reduction, Srothorodhas (closures/constriction of the vital body channels) and Oedema due to improper blood supply (hypothyroidism and anemia).
- Wounds, cuts, burns
- Psoriasis, eczema
- Pregnancy, children under the age of 10.