Ulcerative colitis (UC) is a fiery illness influencing the huge inside (colon and rectum). In UC, the irritation is bound to the inward covering of the intestinal divider (mucosa).
When commonly symptoms of Pittaj atisaar are seen in a patient and even then he/she continues to consume pitta increases foods on regular basis. Then pitta is highly aggravated in the body it vitiates blood also and symptoms of Raktaj atisaara(Ulcerative colitis) start appearing.
Pathogenesis of Ulcerative Colitis
The excessive utilization of Paittika ahara (Pitta-exasperating food varieties) by Pitta Prakriti people and extreme utilization of Pitta–irritating regimens like wandering in sun, outrage are principle causative elements of the sickness.
It expands Pitta in body to limitless degree which thusly vitiates both rakta dhatu and mamsa dhatu. Vata dosha (unevenness brought about by dread, tension, dry, old food, bundled food ) in the lower colon is additionally irritated and in the beginning phases impedes the Pitta and Kapha channels bringing about additional aggravation and, mucous aggregation.
In Raktaj atisaar, stool is watery and mixed with blood and there is excessive loss of water & electrolytes. Frequency of loose motions is more. Origin of disease is from large intestine (Pakvashya) and proctitis (inflammation of rectum-Guda dah and Gudapaak) is main symptom. There is a no relationship of stools with meals.
Causes of Ulcerative Colitis
- As talked about above, wrong eating routine (diet wealthy in greasy, sleek, sharp and hot food varieties)
- Helpless sustenance
- Weakened absorption
- Poison amassing (Aama in body),
- Immune system causes
- Food sensitivities
- Hereditary components
- Infection in colon or rectum because of quality of microbes, infection or parasite.
- Imbalance of the sensory system for example stress, tension, dreads.
- Alcohol and smoking are a typical reason
- Low insusceptibility.
Common Symptoms of Ulcerative Colitis
- Mild abdominal pain
- Mucous in the stools
- Unexplained weakness
- Dullness of composition
- Exhaustion of sensory system
- Loss of weight
- Sharp rectal torment, (which might be of brief term and infrequent)
- Sensation of completion in the lower mid-region.
Other symptoms of UC include:
- Anemia due to blood loss
- Fever, Nausea, Weight loss
- Loss of appetite
- Abdominal sounds
- Mouth ulcers
- Loss of body fluids and nutrients
- Skin lesions
- Growth failure in children
Management of Ulcerative Colitis
Suggested diet (Pathya):
- Curd, Old basmati rice grain, moong dal, coriander,
- Cumin, fennel (saunf), carrots, bubbled potatoes,
- Bottle gourd, edge gourd, round gourd,
- Green lentils, water chestnut (Singhara), pomegranate,
- Banana, papaya, apple, chikoo, almonds (drenched and stripped),
- Dried raisin, coconut chutney, dark grams are suggested.
Avoid Food varieties (Apathya):
- All extras food varieties, zesty food varieties,
- Pungent and acidic food varieties, white sugar, pasta, vinegar, mustard, pungent and acidic food varieties.
- Capsicum, Sarson ka saag, methi, raddish, cashew Nuts, pecans, groundnuts, sesame seeds (white until), jiggery, green chillies, ketchup, pickles, mustard oil and sesame oil.
- Additionally stay away from crude servings of mixed greens, okra, arbi, cauliflower, grapes, mango, guava,
- liquor, tea, espresso, milkshake, Soft beverages, cold beverage