What Is Agoraphobia?
Agoraphobia is an anxiety disorder in which you fear and avoid places or embarrassing situations where you might feel panicked, trapped, helpless, or embarrassed.
You might panic or worry when you standing in line, leaving home, using public transportation (buses, trains, ships, or planes), being in a crowd, or being in open or enclosed spaces and simply Being outside their home etc.
1-3% of the population suffering from Agoraphobia, It is more common in women as it is men.
SYMPTOMS OF AGORAPHOBIA-
Physical symptoms of agoraphobia can include-
- Increased heart rate
- Chest pain
- Feeling helpless
- Racing heart
- Feeling sick
- Upset stomach
- Excessive Sweating
- Trembling and shaking
- Depending too much on others
- Rapid breathing
- Nausea or diarrhea
- Problem in swallowing
- Feeling faint or Dizziness
- Cognitive symptoms of agoraphobia
- Afraid to be alone at home
- Afraid to leave home
- A tingling sensation and lack of sensation
- Intense fear and disorientation
- Feeling cold or sudden flashes
- Fear of being alone at home
- A general feeling of dread
- Loss of sanity and control
- Uneasiness, dry mouth
- Fear of death and panic attack
- Afraid to be in the crowd
CAUSES OF AGORAPHOBIA-
The exact cause of panic disorders is not properly understood, some psychological and biological factors may be involved.
FIGHT OR FLIGHT’ REFLEX-
- your body’s natural “fight or flight” reflex is closely associated with panic disorders
- Fight or flight reflex is a way of preparing itself for a stressful and dangerous situations.
There are some Psychological factors that increase risk of developing agoraphobia.
- Misuse of Alcohol
- Misuse of drugs
- Sexually abused
- Post traumatic stress disorder
- A previous history of psychic illness like anorexia nervosa, anxiety and depression etc.
- Experiencing a stressful event such as losing job or divorce.
AGORAPHOBIA TREATMENT IN AYURVEDA-
chandigarh Ayurved Centre (CAC) provide the best quality pure herbal and natural treatment for agoraphobia. The herbal remedies which are used for Ayurvedic Treatment for Agoraphobia are 100 % safe to use and they have no side effects on the body.
Agoraphobia Care Kit
NERVE UP TABLET-
- Abhrak bhasma
- Ras sindoor
- Praval pishti
- Shankh bhasma
- Shudha Kuchala (Strychnos nux-vomica)
- Shudha shilajeet (Asphaltum punja- bianum)
- Speed up physical and mental processes.
- Respiratory stimulant
- Producing sudden and involuntary muscle contractions.
- Prevents periodic returns of the disease.
- Nerve up tablets is helpful in balancing the vata dosha.
- It also reduces kapha dosha, and acts as nervine stimulant.
- It improves the funtiong of central nervous system.
- This tablet helps in the symptoms related to Alzeihmer patient.
Recommended Dosage– Take 1 tablet twice daily.
STRESS CARE TABLET-
- Sarpgandha (Rouwolfia serpentine)
- Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri)
- Tagar (Valeriana wallichii)
- Jatamansi (Nardostachys jatamansi)
- Maintain stress level
- Provide strength to the nervous system
- Best remedy for neurological problems
- Helpful in stress, anxiety and depression
- Negative emotions
- improve concentration power
- Cures Amnesia and Alzheimer’s disease.
- helps to increase the mental and physical performance.
- Treats life modification diseases like Asthma, Obesity, Diabetes and Hypertension etc.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 tab twice a day with normal water.
BRAIN RELAXANT CHURNA-
- Amla (Emblica officinalis)
- Atmagupta (Mucuna pruriens)
- Sonth (Zingiber officinale)
- Pippali (Piper longum)
- Marich (Piper nigrum)
- Haldi (Curcuma longa)
- Bala (Sida cordifolia)
- Suddha Gandhak
- Lauha Bhasma
- This churna normalizes the nerve cell functions and supports the brain function.
- Maintain blood sugar level
- Anti microbial and Anti depressant property
- Cure Insomnia
- Increase Haemoglobin levels
- Improve digestion
- Also useful in Ulcerative colitis
- Great Nerve tonic
- Strengthen immune system
- It maintains the overall performance of the nervous system.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 teaspoonful twice a day with milk or plain water.
VATA BALANCE TABLET-
- Amlaki- (Phyllanthus emblica)
- Vibhitaki- (terminalia bellirica)
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula)
- Pippali (Piper longum)
- Kalimirch (Piper nigrum)
- Shaunthi (Zingiber officinale)
- Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia)
- Nirgundi (Vitex negundo)
- Vatsnabh (Aconitum ferox)
- Helps to pacifies Vata doshas without aggravating Pitta or Kapha doshas
- Treats Vata disorders such as paralysis, Parkinson and bone deformities etc.
- Vata balance tablet keeps calm and stress-free mind.
- Promotes healthy digestion by vata balancing
- Improve absorption and and supports proper eliminataion
- Increase digestive fire
- it is an amazing formula for the Vata season (varsha ritu)
- Lubricates intestines
- support overall health and well-being
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 tablet twice a day with normal water.
WE CAN MANAGE AGORAPHOBIA WITH LIFESTYLE CHANGES-
- Exercise regularly
- Avoid alcohol and drugs
- Avoid tto much intake of caffeine (coffee, tea and soda,).
- Take a healthy and well-balanced diet
- Practice breathing exercises.