Why to choose Ayurveda and how it act on COVID- 19?
Ayurveda – It is an Ancient System of Medicine it is also called as “Science of Life”
The Ancient Acharya’s undertook several years to study and understand the Sharira or Human body, Manah or Mind, and the Aatma or spirit to get what we experience in modern era as an Ayurveda.
The vast insight of Acharya’s or Rishi’s into these systems led to a comprehensive body of knowledge that allows us to understand and treat individuals according to their Prakriti or constitution and Dosha imbalances which is a unique feature of Ayurveda.
There are combinations of nutrition, lifestyle habits, herbs, Panchakarma therapies, Spiritual counseling etc. which is helpful to heal each Person on a deeper level.
Ayurveda treats not just symptoms but it works on the root causes of disease. It also access person’s senses like tastes, smell, sounds, touch, Eye-Sight – and uses the qualities in foods, herbs along with lifestyle as medicine.
Ayurveda view on COVID-19 –
- According to Ayurvedic Text- Charaka Samhita the pandemic COVID-19 may be compared with “Janapadodhwansa Vyadhi” meaning demolition or annihilation of people or community or Worldwide Epidemics.
- It weakens your immune system or attacks on the immune system (Ojas) and the respiratory system (pranavaha srotas).
- Depending upon the person’s unique constitution and current imbalances will determine how susceptible they will be to suffering from an infection by COVID-19.
- During this period one should follow Dincharya or our Daily routines.
- Wake up early in the morning
- Do oil pulling followed by brushing your teeth
- Clean your tongue with the help of tongue cleaner
- Drink hot or warm water
- Do Yoga and Pranayama or breathing Exercises
- This should be part of your daily routine in order to stay healthy and strengthen your immune system.
AYURVEDA AND WESTERN MEDICINES
- The Ayurveda does not stand in opposition to Western medicine or reject it.
- Ayurveda is a beautiful complement to the Western methods.
- The only difference is that Ayurveda mainly focus on understanding the root cause of particular disease and to treatment is done by correcting the root which is unique for each individual, whereas Western medicine primarily seeks to understand and treat symptoms i.e. Symptomatic Treatment is focused more.
- In Fact it would be an Amazing combination for healing an Individual.
Ayurveda helping hand in Pandemic-COVID-19
Ayurveda is the science which is being used since ancient period of time.
The main focus is building up the Ojas, or the strength, vitality and immunity of the body.
Ayurvedic Doctors are working to help the people to build up the “Ojas” even for the normal person and as well as the diseases.
The effects of the disease will be negligible if the Ojas is strong. When ojas are weak or weakened, we become susceptible to disease.
“ROGA SARVE API MANDAGNI JAYATE”- meaning that the root cause of all the diseases is mandagni or decrease in the digestive fire.
In other words if you have a healthy and strong Digestive system will build up your ojas thus strengthening your immunity and make you healthy.
HOW TO ACESS YOUR DIGESTION – STRONG OR WEAK??
The best sign of a strong digestive system is no, or minimal, digestive or eliminatory disturbances like
- Pain immediately after eating
The bowel number should be noted the normal bowel movement is one to two time per day and elimination should be soft, easy to pass, Color- light brown in color.
The proper process of food, absorbing the nutrients in food, and eliminating unwanted toxins from our digestive tract in a timely manner is the sign of a Healthy Digestion.
Further it will help us to build up your immunity.
FOODS & HERBS FOR IMMUNITY BUILD- UP?
In Ayurveda, Pathya (Do’s) and Apathya (Don’t’s) plays an important role for both Healthy and Diseased Person.
- Some general rules that can be applied universally-
- Eat whole, organic foods from a variety of sources –
- Dairy products- milk, curd, ghee etc.
- Fruits and vegetables
- Processed and fried foods should be avoided as it may build toxins (ama) in the body.
- Reduce or Avoid intake of alcohol, drugs, caffeine, or other intoxicants because these substances may lower immunity and create physical and subtle body imbalances that are precursors to the disease.
- Eliminate refined or processed sugar, which builds Aama (By product of undigested food).
- Stay hydrated – Normal room temperature or warm water and herbal teas or decoction.
- The food should be well cooked and oiled, and appropriately spiced according to your taste and Constitution.
Oil and Ghee – Sesame,coconut, or sunflower oil, cow ghee depending upon their constitution.
Spices- Cumin, coriander and fennel.
Turmeric is a special spice having abundance of benefits like it help to combat inflammation.
Salt- It should be used in moderate amount and low in amount for the person with Hypertension– It helps to nourish the nervous tissue and is a stool softener so it’s an amazing supplement if taken in the right amounts.
Add on Vitamin C in your diet some of the examples are- Citrus fruits, strawberries, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, kale, among many others.
Add on Zinc to your diet Examples- hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, cashews, almonds, chickpeas, lentils, potatoes, avocado, and spinach.
Vitamin A is another important immune-booster. Examples – carrots, leafy bitter greens such as spinach and chard, squashes, pumpkins, mangos and papayas. Take vitamin supplements as necessary.
You should follow some points regarding Eating-
- “NA ATI SHIGHRAM MASHNIYAT” AND “NA ATI VILAMBITAM MASHNIYAT” – Eat neither to fast nor too slow. One should eat peacefully.
- Food is a gift of God that should be enjoyed and not to inhale mindlessly.
- The food should be chewed completely before swallowing.
- If a person does not follow this rule it will lead to formation of AMA or Indigested food particle and further causing a significant amount of gas, discomfort and also Distention of Abdomen.
Easily available Herbs or Drugs Useful in COVID –
There is no specific Ayurvedic remedy for COVID-19 some of the helpful drugs are listed below to provide nutrition and strengthen the immunity-
- Amalaki is probably one of the best and it is rich in Vitamin C and other nutrients.
- Chyavanprash – an Ayurvedic herbal jelly – has an important concentration of Amalaki among other immune-defensive herbs.
- Elderberry (the fruit of sambucus tree) also is packed the vitamins and nutrients and is often used to fight cold and flu symptoms.
- Giloy or Guduchi
- Mulethi Or Yashtimadhu
- Cinnamon orDalchini
- Cardamom or Ela
- Haridra or Turmeric
- Munnaka or Raisin
- Black pepper
- Allium sativa
- Asparagus racemosus
FOR STAYING HEALTHY ON SHOULD FOLLOW THE ENLISTED-
- Follow the guidelines – Social Distancing, washing hands on frequent intervals, Avoid touching your face, eyes, mask, Wear Mask, gloves etc.
- Healthy routines should be Established like-
- Get up at the same time every day and try to get to bed by 10pm.
- Make a daily routine schedule for yourself
- Avoid heavy dinner, maintain at least 2hrs gap between dinner and sleep.
- Replace cold drinks with coconut water, vegetable soups or butter milk.
- Establishing and sticking to good healthy routines will go a long way toward helping you feel more grounded.
- Be sure to get plenty of rest and sleep.
- Sleep is considered one of three pillars of life in Ayurveda and essential to repairing tissue damage and building Ojas.
- Shodhana Therapy or Purificatory Measures can be performed and spring is considered best to undergo this therapy.
- Yoga Nidra is wonderful relaxation techniques that can help people build good restorative sleep routines.
- Neti – or nasal cleansing – is extremely effective for upper respiratory health in general.
Pharmaceutical grade salts should be used in your Neti Pot and not to use table salts.
C/I (Contraindications) – Nasal polyps, a deviated septum that would prevent the cleansing flow of water through the nasal cavity, or extreme congestion.
- Nasya – or nasal oiling – In Ayurveda Nasya therapy is very effective in protecting and nourishing the mucous membranes present at the nasal cavity and providing amazing effects to the mind and body.
- Start Nasyam by simply adding 1-2 drops of sesame seed oil or coconut oil to the tip of your finger and coating the inner lining of your nasal passages in morning and evening.
- Finally it’s important to find time to meditate, practice pranayama, do yoga, exercise, spend time in nature, and Don’t read and watch excess news.
- The individual should remain more Satvik or Be Positive, Stay Happy and Stay Healthy with Ayurveda
CAC SPECIAL ADVANCE CORONA VIRUS CARE KIT
By looking at the present Scenario, CAC prepared special Corona Virus Kit very effective for building up your Healthy Immune System-
- Detox tablet
- Giloy Capsule
- Garlic Capsule
- Sheeta Shara
- Trikatu Syrup
- Panchasakar Churna
- Cough Go tab
- Amrit Tulsi Rasa
- Immuno Booster Tablet
For detail Description Visit- https://www.chandigarhayurvedcentre.com/product/corona-virus-advanced-prevention-kit/