There can be many reasons for this disease. However, insomnia is mainly a result of mental disturbance. Any type of physical pain such as body aches, extremely intense or uncomfortable weather conditions or chronic illnesses can also cause insomnia.
Over-labor and over-anxiety can also lead to lack of sleep. People who have a prior history of inappropriate digestion, constipation and irregular eating habits are more likely to suffer from insomnia. There can be any reason for insomnia.
It is an irony that in today’s modern lifestyle, people do not see sleep as a necessity but as a pleasure. According to the National Sleep Foundation, 30% to 40% of people say that they sometimes have insomnia problems and 10% to 15% say they have trouble falling asleep all the time.
In Ayurveda, sleeplessness is called ‘ANIDRA(insomnia)’. It is possible to treat insomnia by adopting Ayurvedic treatment and right lifestyle. There are some easy home remedies for sleeping soundly and deeply.
Here are some natural tips to help you get a good sleep.
- Drinking warm milk before sleeping at night is an easy way to get sleep. Almond milk is an excellent source of calcium, which helps the brain produce melatonin (the hormone that helps control the sleep / wake cycle).
- Rub the cold pressed organic sesame oil on the soles of your feet, before you comfortably soak the sheet in comfort (put cotton socks on the feet, so that your sheet doesn’t get greased).
- Boil 3 grams of fresh mint leaves or 1.5 grams of dried mint powder in 1 cup of water for 15-20 minutes.
- At night, lukewarm with 1 teaspoon honey. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon cumin seeds over a chopped banana. Eat regularly at night.
- Respiratory exercise, yoga and meditation are a great way to relax your mind and get a good sleep!
- Avoid watching TV or working on computer till late at night.
- Avoid drinking coffee, tea or other aerated drinks after dusk.
- Therapies like Ayurvedic massage and Shirodhara can help to relax the mind.
- Practice sports or workouts for 30 minutes daily to make your body tired and give energy direction. See for details on how yoga can help you deal with insomnia.
- Take part in regular aerobic exercise like walking, jogging or swimming. After this you can get deep sleep and there is no sleep disturbance during the night.
- As long as you are not able to sleep, keeping track of those minutes can cause trouble in sleeping again. If sleep is disturbed, turn the clock away from your eyes.
- Track your sleep patterns for a week or two.
- If you feel that you are spending less than 80 percent of your time in bed at bedtime, then it means that you are spending too much time in bed. Try to go to bed later and don’t nap during the day. If you start sleeping early in the evening, light the lights.
- If your brain is thinking or your muscles are tense, you may have difficulty sleeping. To calm the mind and relax the muscles, meditating, taking deep breaths or relaxing the muscles can be beneficial.
- Regular meditation can regulate and improve your sleep patterns. for more information
Considerations related to food to relieve insomnia
If you are also looking for a treatment of insomnia, then let us tell you that you can make some changes in your diet to deal with insomnia. like
- Avoid taking caffeinated beverages after one or two o’clock.
- Limit the amount of alcohol and do not take alcohol two hours before bedtime.