Concept of SWAPNA in Ayurveda-
What is a DREAM??
Swapna or dreams are just succession of images, ideas, emotions and sensations that occurs involuntarily in the mind during certain stages of sleep i.e. when Indriyarth Sannikarsha is absent or there is loss of touch or ignorance to other senses.
Your mind is responsible for creating the images in the dream although It is the main initiator is the Atma or soul.
In dream our subconscious mind gets activated and works on the facts which the conscious mind failed to resolve.
Dream is present two forms i.e. physiological and pathological condition of body.
Physiological condition- Dream signifies physical costitutution (Doshaja Prakriti status.
Pathological condition- Diseases and Arista. This concept needs some exploration. It is not used for clinical practice to determine health.
In Classics there are many entities like Tridosha, Triguna, Panchmahabhuta, Lok Purusha Saamya etc.
Similarly there is Trayoupstambha or 3 pillars of body – Swapna, Aahar and Brahmcharya.
IS THERE ANY STUDY OF DREAMS??
The Answer is “YES”. The scientific study of dreams is called Oneirology.
What are the causes of dreams??
Dreams mainly occur in the rapid- eye movement stage (REM) of the Dream— when brain activity exceeds and resembles that of being awake.
REM sleep is revealed by continuous movements of the eyes while sleeping. At that time the dreams may take place during other stages of sleep.
Is there any effect of Swapna??
Based on the Effects of Swapna it can be classified into 2 types:
- Not effecting on a person’s health or life
- Effecting the person’s health or life.
In ancient text- Harita Samhita there are some points that are mentioned regarding dreams they are-
- Dream by a person in the first part of night- the result comes about in 1 year.
- Dreams during the 2nd part of night/ during daytime/ rainy season- the effect occurs in 6 months.
- Dream effect if seen in third part of night seen in 3 months.
- The Dream effect which is seen in the 4th part of night or in early morning- Having result in 10 days.
Viphala Swapna (or Ineffective dreams)-
Dreams that have no effect or you should dismiss or deemed ineffective include:
- Dreams of usual to the one’s constitution
- Not able to remember or easy to Forgot or forgotten quickly after the next dream.
- Seen when you are worried
- Experienced during the diwaswapna or day sleep
What are the Types of swapna-
The Acharya Charaka described 7 fold classification of the Swapna.
Ayurveda described dreams on the basis of causes these are as follows-
- Drista Sruta – It Based on the waking experience.
- Shruta- It is due to somatic impulses
- Anubhuta- These are due to some heart touching incidence that is happened in life.
- Prarthita- It is believed to be caused by influence of the supernatural
- Kalpita-Due to Imagination
- Bhabik- These type of dreams are based on emotional Incident happened in waking life.
- Doshaja- these are due to Influence of Tri-Doshas.
KNOW YOUR PRAKRITI BY DREAMS-
According to different Acharya’s there is difference in dream of different Prakriti –
- Flies or rises high in the sky
- Climbing on mountain or tree
- Riding on animals like Camel, Elephant etc.
- Dried and crooked trees and river.
- Sees Gold in dream
- Trees Palash and karnika trees.
- Sun, Bright flames or light
- Fire, falling meteors, Lightning
- Red colored Sky
- Sees Lotus
- Birds like Hansa and Chavarka
- Sees Ponds
- Clouds in dream
Ayurvedic Concept of Garbha linga Dharana (Determination of Male child or Female Child by Dreams)
Ayurveda is the science of life there is very interesting description in dreams for all Curious Mothers.
Dreams depicting Male Child-
Takes food and drink as that of a male
Does activities as that of a male
Flowers- Padma(Lotus), Utpala (Blue Lotus), Kumuda
Fruits denoting the male gender- Amrataka (Wild Mangoes)
Dreams depicting Female Child-
Takes food and drink as that of a female
Does activities as that of a female
Flowers- Which denotes female gender- Taruni-rose, Japa-shoe flower
Fruits – Which female gender – Kadali-bananas
Other Padartha or objects which denote the female gender
In Ayurveda, sleep is one of the important pillars (upastambha traya) which sustain life.
Nidra is also important as Ahara (food). Again it comes under unsurpassable urge (Adharniya Vega). If the Vega is suppressed then it can causes headache, body pain and heaviness of eyes.
REQUIREMENT OF SLEEP IN
SATVIK PERSON (Satva guna Dominant) – 4 to 6hrs of Sleep
RAJSIK PERSON (Rajo Guna dominant) – 8 hours of sleep
TAMSIK PERSON (Tamo guna dominant) – 10 to 12hrs of sleep
ARE YOU A SUFFERER OF INSOMNIA??
Don’t Ignore Insomnia as it will lead to further destruction of your body and will give rise to various Physiological and Psychological disorders.
Have a good and stress free sleep.
CAC MEDICINES AND COUNSELLING WILL HELP YOU TO GET RELIEF FROM STRESS AND HAVE A GOOD SLEEP AND REJUVINATE YOUR BRAIN
CAC Stress Care Tablet
It constitutes of natural herbs- Sarpgandha, Brahmi, Tagar, jatamansi.
It helps you to get relieve from stress conditions.
Helps to calm down the nervous system and further it helps to increase the mental and physical performance.
Dosage: Take 1 tab two times daily or as directed by the physician.
CAC Brain Relaxant Churna
This contains 100% natural herbal extracts of Atmagupta (Mucuna pruriens).
It normalizes the nerve cell functions and supports the brain function.
It is very effective in Alzheimer disease and it helps to maintain the overall performance of the nervous system.
Dosage: Take 1 teaspoonful twice daily or as directed by the physician