Surya Snan or Sun Bath Benefits
Sun bath is very popular in India at least but abroad (sun bath). Sitting in the morning sun for a while also gives you many health benefits. The sun rays provide the necessary energy by operating our nervous system or vascular system. Whenever you do it, it is better to allow more sunlight to reach your spine
How to do
- If you are taking a sun bath, then your head should be in shade. You can also cover it if you want. This is necessary because the sun rays should not fall directly on the head while taking a sun bath.
- During this time, the time to assimilate the sun rays can be at any time throughout the day in cold or hilly areas. In other places where there is a lot of heat, it is better to do sun bath at sunrise. one can tolerate the heat at this time and does not harm the body.
- After a sun bath, it is better to take a walk in the shade or take a bath with water.
- You can do this from ten minutes to half an hour. It would be better if you start with ten minutes. If you wish, you can gradually increase the duration according to desire and time. You can also massage the body if you want while taking sun bath. Massage the entire body with mustard oil under the rays of the sun once a week. After massaging, one should take more advantage of the sun rays by taking a sun bath in lukewarm sun. Sun bath is the biggest source of calcium. This keeps bones strong.
- It is the largest source of calcium. This will keep the bones strong. Sunlight keeps the bones of the body strong in old age. Blood pressure remains normal. It is beneficial in dermatitis and arthritis. The body receives the necessary calcium and phosphorus.
- Bathing in the sun rays in the morning not only increases the level of vitamin D, but also keeps the weight balanced. During this massage, the body gets energized. You feel energetic.
- If lukewarm sun falls on the skin, it reduces high blood pressure. There is no risk of heart attack and stroke. Bathing flax regularly, it will not only keep teeth strong, but will also improve hair growth.
- Pregnant women take flax bath regularly, then get rid of physical fatigue, backache, nausea problem. This keeps the immune system healthy and stress does not remain. Complaints of high cholesterol are also removed.
- If the weather is hot, wake up early in the morning and do it at sunrise.
- If you feel dizzy while sitting in front of the sun, contact the doctor.
- Never sleep in front of the sun without protection. If you want, get advice from an expert about this, then only practice it.
- If you do this for a long time, then definitely wear a hat, sunglasses and light colored clothes.
- Skin is sensitive and if you are allergic to sunlight, it is better not to do it.
Benefits of Sunburn
- The body is hot: Sunlight, being the main source of fire (heat), gives warmth to the body shrinking from cold, which removes the lack of coolness and bile within the body. In Ayurveda, Sunbath is known as ‘Atap Seven’.
- Get Vitamin D: Vitamin D is important for bone strength in the body. The essential natural source of this vitamin is sunlight. Only when vitamin D is present in the body, the body absorbs calcium.
- Increases immunity: Sunlight has such miraculous properties, due to which the possibility of impact of various types of infections on the body is reduced. This makes the immunity of the body strong. Consumption of sunlight causes adequate build-up of WBCs in the body, which work to fight against disease-causing factors
- Breathing cancer: The sun’s rays give the body the elements to fight cancer. If the risk of cancer is avoided, then those who have cancer also benefit.
- Helps in digestion: According to Ayurveda, the work of digestion in the body is done by Jathragni, whose main source is Surya. In the afternoon (around 12 o’clock) the sun is at its peak and at that time Jathargni is also more active. Therefore it is said that the food taken at this time is well digested.
- Bet positive hormones: The sunshine effect of the hormones serotonin and endorphins that make you feel good is sufficient in the body, which is beneficial in balance of depression, seasonal affective disorder, psycho-emotional health and body clock-rhythm.
There are other advantages:
The problem of not sleeping due to sunburn is overcome because sunlight has a direct effect on our pineal gland. This gland makes a hormone called melatonin in the body. One such powerful anti-oxidant melatonin determines the quality of our sleep and also prevents depression.
Soaking in the sun has many skin benefits. Soaking up sunlight clears the blood and Cures Fungal Problems, eczema, psoriasis and many other skin related diseases. It also helps reduce BP. How late it is to meet the sun
To take full advantage of the sun, it is considered good to sit in a lukewarm sun at least 3-4 times a week in the morning (10:30 to 12 noon) or 20 to 30 minutes from the afternoon (3 to 5 pm).
Kapha is more formed in children. In such a situation, it is good for them to consume sunlight only after 10 o’clock in the morning because some cold is more in the morning.
For the elderly, the afternoon can be considered more beneficial for sunbathing.
For adequate vitamin D, whites need less time to sunbathe than dark-skinned or dark-colored people. A person with normal complexion should take 30 minutes, a white person with 15-20 minutes, while a dark-skinned person should consume more than 30 minutes of sunlight.
Even more trouble due to meeting with sun
Sitting in the sun for a period of time can cause problems like pigmentation, skin allergies, skin cancer, aging effects, blackness, dehydration, eye problems. Anyway, everything is bad. Therefore, as much has been said, the more time one should sit in the sun.
The body contains certain elements such as melanin, hemoglobin, and keratin that determine skin color. Due to the constant exposure to excess sunlight, some people start to mess up their production due to the effect of ultraviolet rays. This increases the risk of skin tanning after some time.
Excessive sitting in the sun can cause sun tan (darkening of the skin due to sunlight). It is important to know here that people’s sensitivity to sunlight may vary. It can also happen when someone is in the sun for 20 minutes, while no one can do it even in 1 hour. When the sunlight of winter starts to irritate the skin, then removing from the sun will be the right option.
When sun tan.
- According to Ayurveda, taking things with the same qualities increases those qualities while taking things with opposite qualities leads to a decrease. In such a situation, bile or heat enhancing things should be avoided, ie it is beneficial to use things that are naturally cold in nature.
- Protect the affected area from sun exposure. Protect the body in the hot sun with the help of scarves, glasses, caps, full sleeve shirts or umbrellas.
- Drink 2 to 3 liters or more of water as needed.
- Prepare aloe vera pulp or gel, cucumber or raw potato slices or juice, sandal paste, rose water, gram-turmeric paste or lentil pulse paste in raw milk or rose water on the affected part.
- Use of coconut oil or kumkumadi oil is also beneficial.
Apart from these external remedies, other medicines can be taken according to the problem with the advice of doctors. This mistake of morning time will have to be carried around all day long.
- Many times there is less heat in the sun, then it can be cold. In such a situation, take off the socks, hat etc. and sit in the sun so that you can get full sun.
- People who are more sensitive to the sun’s rays or sunlight can sit back on the sun instead of the mouth.
- Those who do not have time to sunbathe at one place, they can also take advantage of the heat of the sun while disposing of their works on the go.
- If you want to sit in the sun for much longer then sit with water. Keep drinking some water in between.