Skin Rashes are usually result from Skin Inflammation, Rashes are the abnormal changes in the skin texture and color. There are many causes of Skin Rashes.
Skin rash can cover a large area or can be located to just one small part of the body.
Skin rashes can be moist, dry, bumpy, smooth, blistered, cracked, or rashes may be painful, itchy, and change in color.
There are some common causes of skin rashes include contact dermatitis, allergic reactions, Medicinal allergy and body infections.
Skin Rashes Causes
There are many causes of Skin rashes, including Diseases, allergic reactions, and medicinal allergies. Skin rashes can also be caused by bacterial, viral, fungal, parasitic infections.
There are some common causes of Skin Rashes are given below in details:-
Contact Dermatitis: –
Contact Dermatitis is the most common causes of rashes. This occurs when the skin has a reaction to something by touched. In this condition the skin may become inflamed and red, and the rashes tends to be oozy and weepy.
There are some common causes includes:-
- Dyes in clothes
- Beauty products
- Poisonous plants, such as sumac and poison ivy
- Chemicals, such as rubber or latex
There are certain medications which can cause rashes in some patients.
- This may be a due to the side effect or an allergic reaction of any medication.
- Allergic reaction of some antibiotics
- Photosensitivity: – They make the patient more sensitive to sunlight. The photosensitivity reactions are seems similar to sunburn reactions.
- Infections by Bacteria
- Infection by Viruses
- Fungal infections can also cause skin rashes.
- These rashes will increased with the infection, depending on the type of infections.
- Candidiasis: – This is very common type of fungal infection, This causes an itchy rash that appears in the folds of the skin.
- This is a condition when a patient have weak Immune system or immune system begins to attack healthy tissue of the body. This condition is called Autoimmune disorder. There are many types of autoimmune disorders, some of which can produce Skin Rashes.
- The common symptom of this disorder, produces butterfly-shaped rash on the facial skin.
Sign and Symptoms
There are some common sign and symptoms of Skin Rashes are mentioned below:-
- Sore Throat
- Joints Pain
- Rashes may be caused by animal or insect bite
- There is Red streaks near the rash
- Tenderness near the rash
- There may be a large collection of pus
- Change in coloration of the skin
- Difficulty in breathing
- Pain in throat, pain may be mild or sever
- High fever may occur
- Swelling of the face or extremities
- Severe pain in the neck or head
- Sever pain in neck or head
Causes of Skin Rashes
There are 57 Possible Causes of Skin Rashes are Mentioned Below in Details: –
1. Bites and Stings:-
This is a condition in which skin rashes can cause due to Insect bite or sting. The reaction will depending on the patient or the animal, sign and symptoms often include:-
- Swelling on the local area
2. Flea Bites
Fleas are known as a tiny jumping insects that can live at the home in fabrics. They can take over a home very rapidly because these insects have a very fast breeding cycle. Symptoms are Include: –
- Flea bites can cause the red spots on skin
- The skin may become very irritated and painful
- By scratching secondary infections can be caused.
3. Fifth Disease or Erythema Infectiosum:-
Fifth Disease is also known as known as erythema infectiosum. This disease is caused by a virus known as parvovirus B19.
Symptoms of fifth disease is a rash, which appears in three stages, are mentioned below:-
- In the first stage:- A blotchy red rash are appears on the cheeks with groups of red papules.
- In the second stage:- A net/web of red marks may appear on the trunk and arms after 4 days.
- In the third stage:- The rash only appears after exposure to heat or sunlight.
Impetigo is commonly affects the children. This is highly contagious skin infection. The first sign of Impetigo is a patch of red and itchy skin. There are two different types of impetigo are mentioned below in details:-
- Non-bullous impetigo:- This is a red sores that appear around the nose and mouth.
- Bullous impetigo:-This is a less common type of impetigo. This generally affects children under 2 years of age. In this condition medium to large size of blisters are appears on the trunk, legs, and arms.
Shingles is a type of an infection of the nerve of the patient. It is caused due to the chickenpox virus (varicella-zoster virus). Symptoms of Shingles include:-
- The skin rash seems similar to chickenpox in a form of band around the infected nerve.
- Blisters can produce a solid red band on the infected area.
- Rash is often painful.
Scabies is a skin infection caused by a microscopic mite. It spreads easily through person-to-person contact. It is very contagious disease. Symptoms of Scabies are mentioned below:-
- Intense itching:- It often worse at night time.
- Rash:- They appears in lines as the mite burrows.
- Blisters may present sometimes.
- Sores:- Due to scratched sores may appear.
Eczema is the most common type of skin Infection. It commonly develops in childhood. Symptoms of eczema are depend on the type of the disease and on the age of the patient. Symptoms of Eczema are mentioned below in details:-
- Dry scaly patches on the skin
- Intensely itchy rash
- Rough and Cracked skin
8. Hay Fever or Allergic Rhinitis:-
This condition is an allergic response to pollen. Symptoms can be similar to a common cold, mentioned below:-
- Runny nose
- Watery eyes
- Skin rashes
- Rashes may be similar to Hives
- Itchy and red patches on the skin
- Eruptions on the skin
9. Scarlet Fever
This disease caused by a toxin released by a bacteria known as Streptococcus pyogenes. This is the same bacteria that is responsible for Strep throat infection. Symptoms of Scarlet fever include:-
- Sore throat
- Rashes on skin
- Red blotches rash
- Blotches turn to fine pink-red rash like sunburn in which skin feels rough
10. Rheumatic Fever
Rheumatic fever is an infection caused by streptococcal. This is an inflammatory reaction. This is most commonly affects children aged 5-15 years. Symptoms include:
- Small painless bumps under skin
- Red skin rash
- Swollen tonsils
11. Mono (Mononucleosis)
Mononucleosis or Mono, is caused by a virus. Symptoms can include:
- Pink rash like measle
- Body aches
- High fevers
Ringworm is caused by a fungus. The fungal infection affects the subcutaneous layer of the skin, scalp, and nails. Symptoms include:-
- Itchy, red rash in rings, sometimes they are slightly raised
- Small patches of scaly skin
- Hair near patches break downs
This is a highly contagious disease caused by the Virus known as rubeola virus. Symptoms include:
- Reddish-brown rash on skin
- Small grayish and white spots with bluish and white centers in the oral cavity
- Dry cough
14. Yeast Infection (Candidiasis):-
Candidiasis is a fungal infection, It commonly occurs at genitals. It affects both sexes, but most commonly, female. Symptoms include:-
- Pain and soreness in the genital area
15. Stasis Dermatitis or Varicose Eczema
Stasis dermatitis is also called as varicose eczema. This condition is develops due to poor circulation of the blood. This commonly affects the areas of lower legs. Symptoms include:-
- Varicose vein
- Itchy and Dry skin
- Red, swollen, painful skin
- Crust Skin
- Heavy and painful legs after standing for some time
16. German Measles or Rubella
This is a type of an infection caused by the virus known as rubella virus. Symptoms include:-
- Rashes on skin which commonly begins on the face
- Inflamed and red eyes
- Stuffy nose
This is blood poisoning infection. Symptoms include:-
- Rash of skin
- Increased heart rate
18. West Nile Virus
This is an that infection spread by mosquitos. Symptoms include:-
- Pink skin rash on the trunk, arms, or legs
- Raised or flat rashes over skin
- Excessive Sweeting
19. Lyme Disease
This is a bacterial infection which transferred to humans by the bite of an infected tick. Symptoms include:-
- The rash are small red area that may be warm.
This is a bacterial infection of the deep layer of the skin (dermis). This occurs when a bacteria is entered through break skin. Symptoms include:-
- Skin sores
- Rash that starts suddenly and grows quickly.
- Warm skin around the redness.
21. MRSA (methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus)
This is a contagious bacterial infection. Symptoms include:-
- Tenderness in the affected part of the body
Chickenpox is a viral infection caused by the varicella zoster virus. Symptoms include:-
- An itchy rash of small red spots that appears on the facial skin and trunk, and then spreads all over the body
- Spots then develop blisters on top
- After 48 hours, the blisters cloud and start to dry out
Lupus is an autoimmune disease, which attacks the immune system and healthy tissue. Symptoms include:-
- Butterfly-shaped rash on cheeks and the bridge rash on the nose.
- Flaky red spots
- Purple, scaly rash on the face, neck, and arms.
- Skin sensitivity to the sun.
24. Toxic Shock Syndrome
This condition is caused by a bacterial infection. Symptoms include:-
- Fever and rash
- Rashes that similar to sunburn and covers all over the body
- Rashes are flat not raised
- Rashes turns white when pressed
25. Acute HIV Infection
During the first stages of HIV infection, the levels of the virus is very high in the blood. The immune system is weak in this condition. Symptoms include:-
- Rashes mostly affects the upper part of the body
- flat or raised small red dots
26. Hand, Foot, and Mouth
Hand, foot, and mouth is a childhood illness. This is caused by viral infection. Symptoms include:-
- Rash are flat, non-itchy red blisters on the hands and soles of the feet.
- Loss of appetite.
- Ulcers on the throat, tongue, and mouth.
27. Acrodermatitis or Gianotti-Crosti Syndrome
This is a type of pustular psoriasis. This disease is associated with viral infections. Symptoms include:
- Itchy purple or red blisters
- Swelling of lymph nodes
- bloated abdomen
Hookworm is an intestinal parasite. Symptoms include:-
- Skin rash that are red, itchy, and raised.
- Breathing complications.
- Extreme tiredness.
29. Kawasaki Disease
This disease mainly affects the children. This is characterized by an inflammation of the walls of the arteries in all over the body. Symptoms include:
- Rash on the legs, arms, and torso and between the genitals and anus.
- A rash on the soles of the feet and palms of the hand
- Sometimes rashes with peeling skin.
- Swollen, chapped, and dry lips.
This is a sexually transmitted bacterial infection. Symptoms are depending on the stage of the disease. Symptoms include:-
- Initially:- Painless, firm, and round syphilitic sores.
- Later:- non-itchy red/brown rash that starts on the trunk and spreads all over the body.
- Oral, anal, and genital wart-like sores.
Typhoid is caused by a bacteria known as Salmonella Typhi. This is spread by contact with feces of an infected patient. Symptoms include:-
- Rash that is rose-colored spots, especially on the abdomen and neck.
- High Fever up to 104 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Abdominal pain, diarrhea or constipation.
32. Dengue Fever
This is also called break bone fever; this is transmitted by mosquitos. Symptoms include:-
- Initially a flat, red rash appears over the body.
- Later, a secondary rash appears, similar to measles.
- Severe joint pain
- Muscle Pain.
This is a serious viral infectious disease. This spreads through families and friends. Symptoms include:
- A short-lived mild rash may be present.
- Rashes begin to peel and look like sunburn.
- The rash may turn to abscesses.
34. SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Disorder)
(SARS) is a contagious and fatal respiratory illness. Symptoms include:-
- Skin rash
- Stiff muscles
35. Contact Dermatitis
Contact dermatitis occurs when the skin comes in contact with an irritant. Symptoms include:-
- Red, flaky rash that stings
- Blistered skin
- Burning sensation
- Cracked skin
36. Fungal Infection
Some fungi live naturally on the human body but sometimes, they can overtake the body. Symptoms include:-
- Red rash with a circular shape and raised edges
- cracking, flaking, or dry peeling of the skin in the infected area
- Chafing, irritation, and itching on skin.
- Burning in the infected area
37. Drug Allergy
Certain patients have allergic reactions to drugs. Symptoms include:
- Rash, including hives
- Itchy skin or eyes
38. Atypical Pneumonia
Atypical pneumonia is less severe than the typical form. Symptoms include:
- Weakness and Fatigue
- Chest Pain, Especially During Deep Breathing
This is a skin infection. It is a form of cellulitis. It effects on the upper layers of the skin, rather than deeper tissue. Symptoms Include:-
- Swollen, red, and shiny
- Warm to the touch
- Red streaks above the affected area
40. Reye’s Syndrome
Reye’s syndrome is commonly occurs in children. It can cause serious damage to the organs of the body, mainly the brain and liver. Symptoms include:
- Rash on the palms of the hands and feet.
- Heavy and repeated vomiting.
- Lethargy, confusion
41. Addisonian Crisis or Adrenal Crisis
In this condition, the adrenal glands stop working correctly. Symptoms include:
- Skin Reactions, Including Rashes
- Low Blood Pressure
- Fever, Chills, And Sweating
42. Chemical Burns
Chemical burns are very common. They may be occurs when a patient comes in direct contact with a fumes or chemical. Symptoms include:
- Black or dead skin
- irritation, burning, or redness in the skin
- pain and numbness on the affected area
43. Colorado Tick Fever or Mountain Tick Fever and American Tick Fever
This is a viral infection that develops after a bite from a Rocky Mountain wood tick. Symptoms include:
- Flat or pimply rash
- Skin or muscle pain
44. Accidental Poisoning by Soap Products
This condition is caused due to contact of some soap products that contain strong chemicals. If these soaps are ingested or inhaled, they can cause serious damage to the body. Symptoms include:
- Chemical burns on the skin
- Swelling of the throat, lips, and tongue
- Difficulty in breathing
45. Adult-Onset Still’s Disease
This is a inflammatory disorder that usually affects people in 30 years of age. Symptoms include:
- A pink rash, mostly affecting the chest and thighs.
- Joint and muscle pain, commonly affected
- Knees, wrists, and ankles are also effected
- Enlarged spleen, liver, or lymph nodes.
46. Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis
Juvenile idiopathic arthritis is the most common form of arthritis. This commonly occurs in the children. Symptoms include:
- Fleeting rashes
- Scaly psoriasis-like rash
- Spiking fever
This is a fungal infection of the lungs. Sometimes, it produces pneumonia-like symptoms. Symptoms include:
- Chest pain
- Red bumps on lower legs
In this condition the muscle weakness and rashes may occurs. The rash may be bluish-purple or red and patchy in color. Symptoms including (It appears in a number of places):-
- Shoulders and upper back
- Palms and fingers
- Around the eyes
49. Graft-Versus-Host Disease
Patients who treated for certain cancers may sometimes needs stem cells transplantation. In some cases, the donor cells attack the recipient’s healthy cells. Symptoms include:
- Rashes affecting the palms of the hands, soles of the feet, ears, or face.
- Skin changes, such as drying, scaling, scarring, hardening, and darkening.
- Loss of hairs.
50. Icthyosis Vulgaris
This is a hereditary skin condition that appears in childhood stage. It is caused by a mutation in the genes, which are codes for the protein filaggrin. Symptoms include:
- The surface of skin becomes dry, thick, and scaly.
- The dryness is fine, white, or skin-colored scales.
- It mainly affects the elbows, shins, face, scalp, and torso.
This is a autoimmune disorder that cause rashes and skin blistering. There are three main types:-
- Bullous pemphigoid:- These appears on the lower torso, groin, armpits, inner thighs, soles, and palms.
- Cicatricial pemphigoid:- They mostly affects mucous membranes.
- Pemphigoid gestationis:- These are develops during pregnancy and mostly affects the upper part of the body.
This is a condition in which there is growth of persistent, inappropriate granulomas, and clumps of inflammatory cells. Symptoms include:
- Erythema nodosum:- This is a raised red rash on the lower extremities.
- Nodules or growths under the skin, mainly around scar tissue.
- Skin discoloration.
This is a genetic condition that affects how phenylalanine is broken down by the body. Symptoms include:-
- Skin rashes, such as eczema
- Lighter skin and eyes due to abnormal levels of melanin
This is a genetic disorders that can affect the nervous system or the skin. Symptoms include:
- Redness and swelling on the skin
- Burning pain on the skin
- Changes in skin pigmentation
55. Dermatitis Neglecta
Dermatitis neglecta is a skin disorder that occurs due to poor hygiene. This condition is similar to other allergic conditions. Symptoms include:-
- Patches of scaly skin
- Sweat and moisture
- Bacteria and other germs
56. Heliotrope Rash
Heliotrope rash is an inflammatory muscle disease called dermatomyositis. Symptoms includes:
- Raised and bumpy skin
- Red patches
- Skin looks dry and irritated
57. Uric Acid Skin Rash
This condition is occurs when patient have high levels of uric acid in the blood. This high levels of uric acid can cause accumulate of crystals in and around a joint. Increased uric acid can also cause gout. Symptoms include:
- A dotted rash on the surface of the skin
- Redness, tenderness, and swelling of the joints
- Prolonged joint pain for weeks.
Treatment According Ayurveda
Chandigarh Ayurveda Center Skin Care Tablet is herbo mineral and purely ayurvedic formulation. These tablets help to maintain the texture of the skin.
This Tablet contains various Pure herbs like Haridra khand, Panchnimb churna, Khadir chahal, Chirayta, Mulethi, Chopchini, Gandhak, Ajmoda that work very effectively on all skin types. Skin care tablet is a blood purifying. It also detoxifies the blood.