The scientific name of the herb named Shallaki is Boswellia serrata. It has long been known as a popular herb. This tree is found in India, Middle Eastern countries, North Africa and dry hilly areas. There is also a fact in this regard that different species of it are found at different places. The species that grows in India is Boswellia serrata. Shallaki is a medium sized tree. Whose leaves are like neem plant. The flowers on the Shallaki plant are white in color. The gum derived from this is called Indian Francineus kundar, mukund or frankincense. It has been used here for a long time as a medicine for arthritis and inflammation. Let us know its advantages and disadvantages.
Nutrients of Shallaki
As we have mentioned above in the article, Shallaki is prepared from resin present in the bark of Boswellia tree. In this case, like other foods, there is no mention of the presence of elements like vitamins and minerals. Yes, it is of course that the medicinal properties of Shalaki are believed to be due to the presence of some chemicals in it, some of which are as follows (7):
- Ascorbic acid
- Butylated Hydroxytoluene (BHT) Ferric Chloride
- Diphenyltetrezolium Bromide
- Sodium Acetate Trihydrate
- Boswellic Acid
- Dichloro fl uorescin Diacetate
- Ursolic Acid
- Thiobarbituric Acid
Boswellia Serrata Extract uses
Extract is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Herpes infection
- Cardiovascular disease
- Mouth sores
- Have a sore throat
Benefits of Shallaki
1. For sugar
It is very important to reduce blood sugar in patients suffering from sugar. Shallaki extracts can reduce blood sugar levels to a great extent. However, care should be taken that it is used only in consultation with a doctor.
2. In the treatment of headache
Shallaki can also help you in treating headaches. Cluster headaches resulting from irregularities in the hypothalamus glands and pain are also very high. Shallaki can be used to relieve you from such headache.
3. In the treatment of arthritis
The benefits of Shallaki are quite beneficial for arthritis sufferers. Actually, a tritpenoid called bolsavic acid is found to reduce inflammation in the shell. Which proves to be quite effective in osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Not only this, Bolsevia is beneficial in preventing inflammation in tissues and breakdown of connective tissue. Use of this cream in arthritis or joint pain also gives great relief.
4. For domestic animals
Domestic animals also face many problems and many problems. The medicinal properties of Shallaki also serve to relieve those questions from pain. Movement in animals can also reduce walking.
5. In the treatment of blocked nose
Sometimes we get upset with the problem of blocked nose also. It also causes chest pain. To deal with this problem, boil the Shallaki in a vessel with turmeric powder. After this, add some drops of Shallaki oil to it and use it to evaporate, doing so will not open your shutters and you will get relief.
6. For cancer
Shallaki also plays a positive role in eliminating liver and rectal cancer. In many scientific researches, it has been seen that Shallaki can prove to be very helpful in fighting these diseases.
7. To relieve stress
Shallaki fragrance proves very useful in dealing with stress. The stress of any person can be reduced by listening to the smoke of Shallaki. For this, you will put coal in a burner and sprinkle Lebanon on top and understand it.
8. In ulcerative colitis
Ulcerative colitis is called inflammation of the intestines. Shallaki can also be used to cure this disease. However, use of Shallaki in this disease also causes some harm.
9. Cholesterol lowering
Shallaki also proves very useful in reducing your cholesterol. In many researches, it has been found that the Shallaki has properties to stop the rise of cholesterol. Thus, it can also reduce cholesterol in our body.
10. To skin
Shallaki has antiseptic properties. Due to its specialty, it is also used in the treatment of many types of itching, pimples, small wounds, insect bite stains, spots etc. on the skin. It can be used by mixing with other oils. Or you can apply it in the form of oil or lotion.
11. Breast feeding
Shallaki can also be taken during breastfeeding. However, do not forget to consult a doctor for its intake during pregnancy.
Shallaki capsules can also cause gastric irritation. Therefore, it should be used with caution.
Side effects of Boswellia Serrata
Information related to the loss of Shallaki can be obtained through the following points –
- For medicinal use, it is recommended to take about 900 ml of it throughout the day, which is quite low. Therefore, no known side effects are known yet. Yes, research on animals has found that if given a dose of 1000 mg per kg (body weight), shallaki can affect the weight gain process.
- To avoid complaints of skin related allergies, do a patch test once. Only then use it.
- If someone is thinking of using its supplements, then medical consultation is necessary to keep the loss of Shallaki away.
- Through this article you got to know a lot about the benefits and uses of Shallaki. You have also learned how to use it to gain these benefits. Then what is the delay, start using it today to treat the problems mentioned. Also, tell us about the experience of its use. Hopefully this article will be helpful in avoiding many problems. If there is any question related to the subject, you can reach it through the comment box below. Every effort will be made to answer your question with scientific proof.