- Botanical Name: Boerhavia diffusa Linn.
- Syn-Boerhavia repens
- Family: Nyctaginaceae
- English name: Hogweed
- Sanskrit-Punarnava, Shothaghni, Visakh, Svetamula, Bulletika, Kattilaka, Shashivatika, Kshudravarsbhu, Lagrapatra, Chiratika, Varshangi, Varshahi, Dhanapatra;
- Hindi-Lal Punarnava, Santh, Gadahpurna;
- Gujarati-Rati satodi, Vasedo
- Tamil-Mukattai, Mukaratte
- Telugu-Atikamamidi (Atikamamidi)
- Bengali-Punarnoba, Sveta punarnaba
- Nepalese-Onle sag
- Marathi-Punarnava, Ghentuli
- Malayalam-Thazuthama (Tavilama).
- English-Erect boerhavia, Spiderling, Spreading hog weed, Horse purslane, Pigweed;
- Arabic-Handa Kuki (Handakuki), Sabaka;
The multi-year herb of Punarnava is produced everywhere in India during the rainy season. Its two species are found red and white. In these, blood plant flora is more commonly used as medicine. Its scandal and flower are all of the blood color. When the fruit is ripe, the pneumatic part dries up, but remains in the soil, which rises again during the rainy season. Hence its name is Punarnava. It is found all over India up to an altitude of 2400 m. Punarnava has been used in fever in the form of Svedopag in Charaka. Sushruta mentions Varshabhoomi and Punarnava in Shakavarga. Punarnava has been said to be useful for external use in the form of chemicals, diuretics, inflammatory, sweda, eye and inflammation.
The original white blood of the blood renewal is less thick than the original regenerative, but more in length, the middle rupture is thick and the bottom is thin and with many subfamilies. Breaking the root produces thick milk-like juice. The original taste is bitter and bitter.
Ayurvedic virtues, deeds and effects
Punarnava is inflammatory, cold, cardiac, cyan and diuretic. It is used in inflammation, heart disease, ascites, Pandu and urinary and renal disorders. It has specific effects on the kidneys and urethral institute. Hence it is diuretic and inflammatory. It also has a good effect on the hemostasis and heart.
It is diuretics, inflammatory, poisonous, cardiac, chemical lamp, ulcerative, ulcerative lactation, old age, hemorrhagic, anuloman, catharsis, casagna, transgenic, leprosy, javaraghna and medohar. Due to the presence of potassium nitrate, it increases the contraction capacity of the heart muscle. While other diuretics reduce the amount of potassium nitrate in the body, there is a potassium supplier along with renal urine.
Blood is regenerative, bitter, cold, cold, minor, phlegmatic, eloquent, beneficial, irritability, receptive, inflammatory, chemical, hemorrhage, ulceration, and excretory.
It is useful in edema, pandu, heart disease, caries, colic, blood pressure, rashes, tuberculosis, blood bites, diarrhea, blood disorders and abdominal diseases.
White Punarnava – Katu, Madhur, Kashay, Tikt, Trisha, Ruksh, Kafwatashamak, Ruchika, Agnidipan, Svedopag, Anuvasanopag, Kasahar, Vasthana, Heart, Head and Alkaline.
It is inflammation, hemorrhage, ulcer, Pandu, venom, abdominal disease, urticaria, Kas, colic, blood disorders, ophthalmology and cardiovascular diseases.
- Shirorog – Early morning Punarnava is the mitigation of Shirovedana by taking the nerves of the original skin and eating halwa.
- Eye-whitening, aparajita root, white renaissance root and barley’s pulp in the eyes benefit from ophthalmic disease.
- Grinding Punarnava root in female milk and applying it to the eyes is beneficial in diseases like ophthalmic, ophthalmology etc.
- Applying Punarnava root in Kanji and oil or water is beneficial in the disease (night blindness) and cataract.
- Grinding the white Punarnava root in melted butter and honey will reduce eye diseases and bleeding.
- Applying Bhangra Swaras in Punarnava Moolam Swaras is beneficial in irriatation of the eye, and in the Gomya Swaras, mixing White Punarnava Mool and Pippali is beneficial in carnation (night blindness).
- Grind the roots of Punarnava and mix it with ghee and honey, and lighten the eyes and remove redness.
- Grinding the roots of Punarnava with bhangra juice and applying it to the eyes helps in extinguishing the eyes.
- Grind the roots of Mukhpak-Punarnava in milk and apply it on the blisters, it provides relief.
- Kas-1-2 grams of Punarnava root powder mixed with equal sugar and eating it twice a day is used to quench dry cough.
- Mixing 5 grams of turmeric in three grams of powder of Punarnava root is Beneficial in Asthma.
- Ur Ksht- If the blood of Ur Ksh patient is sputtered again and again, give 5-10 grams of the powder of Punarnava root and pure rice to the patient for drinking by cooking in dry grapes, milk and ghee.
- The herb of Punarnava leaves is very beneficial in heart diseases.
- It is very beneficial in cardiovascular asthma.
- Eating it with grind 3 grams of powder of Punarnava origin and eating with honey increases appetite.
- Virechanartha-Punarnava makes the stool soft powder by taking the same quantity of tea spoon twice a day.
- All types of inflammation and abdominal diseases are eradicated by giving the origin of stomach diseases with the urine.
- Drinking 1-2 grams of salt in 40-60 ml font of ascites-Punarnava is beneficial in dropsy.
- Drinking mixed with Guggulu and Gomutra in a decoction made of abdominal disease, Haritaki, dry ginger, Guduchi, Punarnava, Devdaru or Daruharidra helps to prevent tuberculosis and trophic inflammation.
- Mixing syrup in gulm-purnavamool and kalashak and taking it provides relief in gulm and tod (pain like needling).
- Taking 20-30 ml of decoction made from these medicines, punarnava, black marich, sharpunkha, dry gourd, chitrak, haritaki, karanja and bel marrow are beneficial in piles, gulm and duodenum.
- Infusion – Delivering the milk cooked from the pulp of blood and white pelvic exfoliation is a mitigation of mercantile effusion disease.
- Pandu-Punarnava is a very effective medicine for Kamala disease. Mixing 2-4 grams powder of myrabalan chebula in 10-20 ml Punarnava Panchang juice provides relief in Kamala.
- Spleen growth: Grinding 10-20 grams root of white gooseberry with tandulodak provides benefit in spleen enlargement.
- Pandu Disease – Consumption of Punarvadi Mandoor with takra causes blood loss, spleen enlargement, piles, asymmetrical fever, inflammation of the duodenum and stomach ulcers.
- Drinking 5-7 leaves of uricorrhoea-parenchyma with 2-3 pieces of black pepper is beneficial in urination and sclerosis.
- Mixing 5-10 ml Punarnava leaf juice mixed with milk and giving it benefits in the urine.
- Consuming 3 grams of Punarnava root powder with honey or lukewarm water, suppresses inflammation, and diuresis.
- Renal disorder- Drinking 10-20 ml Punarnava Panchang decoction also removes kidney disorders.
- Mixing 3 grams sugar candy in Pomegranate-1 gram Punarnava flower powder and taking it with milk is beneficial in the case.
- Leucorrhoea – Consuming 3 grams of Punarnava root powder with watery juice is beneficial in leucorrhoea.
- By applying vaginal-Punarnava swara to the vagina, there is a suppression of vaginitis.
- Sukhprasava-Punarnava root is swallowed in oil and put on it in the vagina.
- In the uterine disorder, it is beneficial to drink fernet root and cotton root.
- Grind dry ginger and pimples in goat’s milk and apply it on the vagina.
- After pelting the leaves of Punarnava and keeping it in the vagina, there is a suppression of vaginal pain due to labor pain.
- Vatakantak-White Punarva root cooked in oil and massaged in the feet, Vatantakant disease is cured.
- Taking one gram powder of camphor and dry ginger along with the decoction of the mango-pullenum for seven days provides relief in mango digestion.
- Taking leprosy with betel nut is beneficial in leprosy.
- Cook 5 grams of root of white pineapple in 500 ml of water and make four quarters remaining boiling water and drink 20-30 ml in the morning and evening, it cures the chronic abscess
- Grind the root of Punarnava with buttermilk and apply it in breast milk
- Insomnia- Drinking 20-40 milliliters of decoction makes the patient feel sleepy.
- The body is fortified by consuming the powdered-Punarnava root powder with milk.
- Make root of edema-Punarnava and Nagarmotha, make 10 grams of each substance in the quantity of 10 grams. Cook it in 640 ml cow’s milk as usual and drink it in the morning, it is beneficial in gout.
- Make congregate by making angiosis-Punarnava, neem bark, patol leaf, dry gourd, katuki, giloy, barberry and myrobalan, when remaining quartile, filter it and take 20 to 30 milliliters and drink it in the morning and evening. There are benefits in diseases, lateral pain, breathing and Pandu diseases.
- Swelling – Punarnava root, cedar and idol mixed with powder and giving 3 grams of honey with the required amount of honey is suppressed by pregnancy.
- The root of Punarnava, Chirayta and Shunthi, mixed in equal quantity, taking 20 grams of its quantity and cooking it in 400 ml water, making the remaining fourth decoction, drinking it is beneficial in all round edema.
- Decoction of Punarnava also provides instant relief in fever caused due to burning sensation of urine and urinary tract infection.
- Lal Punarnava, Parval leaf, Parval fruit, bitter gourd, Patha, Kakoda are beneficial in fever.
- Consuming 2 grams Punarnava root powder with cow’s milk increases strength and varna.
- Grind equal parts of Punarnava, Neem, Giloy, Dry ginger, cedar and myrabalan and grind it and take 1-2 grams of powder with lukewarm water, it cures the symptoms.
- Grind Punarnava, neem’s bark dry ginger and parwal leaves in water and apply a paste to the edema helps to get relief from edema.
- Taking equal quantity of Punarnava, haitaki, (rasna), devdaru and erand beej with cow urine and feeding it 10-20 ml is beneficial in edema.
- Grind Punarnava, daruharidra, dry ginger, mustard and sehjanwith kanji and apply it to reduce inflammation.
- Fever – Take 2 grams of white powdered root powder with milk or tambul in the morning and evening is beneficial in Chaturthic fever.
Chemical use – It is used to relieve weakness after diagnosis. It is a chemical and an enhancer tonic.
- Drinking 5 grams of Punarnava powder with milk continuously for 6 months increases the strength and nourishes the body.
- Children’s disease-Re-letter letter Swaras 100 ml, Mishri powder 200 gm and 12 grams of Pippali powder mixed with these three and cook, when the sugar syrup becomes thick, take it off and fill it in a closed bottle, children up to 4-10 drops of this syrup Licking three times provides relief in many diseases like cough, breathing, pleurisy of children.
- Sarpavish – This is the antidote of all types of serpents.
- Scorpion Bites – Grinding the leaves of Punarnava and sprigs of the handkerchief and applying it on the Scorpion stings mitigates the biting toxic effects.
- On the day of Sunday and Pushya Nakshatra, chewing the root of the uprooted Punarnava removes the poison of scorpion.
- Allerg venom-white rejuvenated root and powdered seed powder mixed with tilakalk, sesame oil, extract milk and jaggery, and the effects of schizophrenic poisoning are eliminated.
- Eating Venom-White Rejuvenated root powder with honey regularly reduces the effects of rodent poisoning.
- Detoxification – Drinking the white pulverized root tree with rice washes for one year in Pushyakshatra does not affect venom of venomous creatures like Scorpio, snake etc.
- Grind the serpent-white Punarnava root and drink it with rice washes (tandulodak) and suppress the toxic effects of snakebite.
Make a mixture of ashwagandha powder by making a dense powder of its roots and make 250 mg tablets, after eating one tablet each, drinking sugar mixed with sugar, removes semen defects and removes wrinkles of the body with milk and sugar. Take it.
Pryojyānga: root, letter, Panchang.
Quantity: Seed gram 1-3 grams Swaras 5-10 ml or according to the advice of the physician.
Special: Punarva is of two types depending on white and bloodshed. Many scholars consider the rainbow to be the white Punarnava and in the market also the rainbow leaf and origin are found in the name of the White Punarnava. In fact white pelvic and rainbow are two different plants. We have concluded after extensive research and study of several shatras that white and blood regeneration is determined not on the basis of the character of the flower but on the basis of the character of the original. Blood Punarnava is of the original blood color and white Punarnava is of the original white color.