Paralysis is the deficiency of muscle work in piece of your body. It happens when something turns out badly with the manner in which messages pass between your cerebrum and muscles. Loss of motion can be finished or fractional. It can happen on one or the two sides of your body. It can likewise happen in only one region, or it very well may be boundless. Loss of motion of the lower half of your body, including the two legs, is called paraplegia. Loss of motion of the arms and legs is quadriplegia.
Pakshaghata is a Vatavyadhi and enormous number of populace influenced by sickness universally and older matured people groups are more vulnerable than more youthful one. Different etiological factors, for example, Virudha Aahara, Atijagarana, Ati Vyavaya, Asruk srava, Vichesta, Dhatu kshya, Shoka, Chinta, Diwaswapna, Marmabhighata and Vegasandharana starts pathogenesis of Pakshaghata.
Types of Paralysis
Complete paralysis: the point at which you can’t move or control your deadened muscles by any means. You additionally will be unable to feel anything in those muscles.
Partial or inadequate paralysis: is the point at which you actually make them feel in, and perhaps power over, your incapacitated muscles. This is once in a while called paresis
Localized paralysis: influences only one explicit region, similar to your face, hands, feet, or vocal ropes.
Generlized paralysis: is more boundless in your body and is assembled by the amount of your body is influenced. The sort ordinarily relies upon where your mind or spinal rope is harmed.
- Monoplegia is a sort of summed up loss of motion that influences only one appendage.
- Diplegia influences similar territory on the two sides, as the two arms, the two legs, or the two sides of your face.
- Hemiplegia influences only one side of your body and is generally brought about by a stroke, which harms one side of your cerebrum.
- Quadriplegia (or tetraplegia) is the point at which each of the four appendages is deadened, at times alongside specific organs.
- Paraplegia is paralysis starting from the waist.
Causes of Paralysis
- Bell’s paralysis (brought about by a swollen or excited nerve that controls the facial muscles)
- Cerebral paralysis
- Different sclerosis (illness that influences the mind and spinal string causing shortcoming, coordination and equilibrium challenges, and different issues)
- Solid dystrophy (acquired turmoil that causes a reformist loss of muscle tissue and muscle shortcoming)
- Fringe neuropathy (jumble that causes brokenness of nerves that lie outside the cerebrum and spinal string)
- Broken or cut off spinal rope
- Direct injury to a nerve, like brachial plexus injury, discharge or cut injury, crack, or separation with nerve harm
- Electrical injury
- Herniated vertebral circle
- Toxic substances, for example, botulinum or snake toxin
- Poisons like mercury, lead or arsenic
Symptoms of Paralysis
- Deadness or agony in the influenced muscles
- Muscle shortcoming
- Obvious indications of muscle misfortune (muscle decay)
- Compulsory fits or jerks
Management of Paralysis
Not all interior meds of ayurveda for Pakshaghat are appropriate for patients. In view of the different dosha levels and presence of illnesses like hypertension or high serum cholesterol, prescriptions are changed to show up at the ideal treatment plan. These drugs are wealthy in cancer prevention agents and subsequently they are controlled to improve the accessibility of oxygen in mind and in this manner resuscitate the torpid cells. Medications are generally made out of yet not limited to:
Bala – Country Mallow
Ashwagandha – Winter Cherry
For better outcomes, ayurveda consistently utilizes plenty of outer medicines alongside interior prescriptions. The outside medicines are conceived to such an extent that they are advantageous for easing the firmness in solid framework and furthermore for animating the inner organs to adjust doshas.
Oil kneads: Tailas (oils) like Mahamasha, dhanwantaram, and ksheerabala are widely used to fortify the strong framework and lessen the pressure related with it.
Panchakarma treatment: Panchakarma treatments are successful in delivering huge advantages while treating loss of motion.
Basti – Considered as the mother of all panchakarma medicines, it purifies the aggravations in dosha levels
Nasya – Administration of sedated oils through nostrils
Oil application and kneading specific pieces of the body additionally yields results for patients who don’t have over abundance level of kapha dosha.
Shiro Abhyanga – use of oil in head
Sharera Abhyanga – use of oil in full body
Pada abhyanga – use of oil in lower appendages
Diet and Lifestyle in Paralysis
- Stay away from unnecessary utilization of zesty, astringent and additionally pungent, sleek/greasy food and incongruent eating routine, Bengal gram, peas, potato, and so forth
- Utilize dark gram, horse gram, onion, garlic, ginger, radish, debris gourd, green gram and so forth in ordinary eating regimen.
- Use organic products like pomegranate, grape or papaya.
- Devour low fat and a high strands diet as exhorted by the doctor.
- Control the treatable danger factors like Diabetes mellitus, hypertension, heart infections.
- Practice standard activities or physiotherapy.
- Stay away from inordinate starvation, abundance works out, smothering of normal inclinations.
- Stay away from liquor utilization, smoking.
- Stay away from end of any ordinary prescription without clinical guidance.
- Be dynamic and ideal utilization of influenced part and Continue practices as proposed by the doctor