- For proper digestion chewing food properly is very necessary and also to prevent an individual from overeating.
- Some research shows that people who spend enough time while having a meal take in lesser calories, as compared to those who just swallow down their foods without chewing them.
- You have to understand why chewing the food is necessary to understand the cause of this event. Chewing helps in break down food items into small pieces and along with the saliva, resulting in proper digestion.
- The stomach takes a longer time to digest the food if the food is not chewed thoroughly. It causes weight gain to occur due to the improper digestion of food.
- The more you take time to finish your meal, the more will be the chance of feel full after consuming smaller portions.
- This is not a home remedy and more of a lifestyle choice. But, with ease, everyone can follow it with a little practice as it is a very simple step.
- Even though there are a lot of other activities that you would rather spend time on, try to get at least eight hours of sleep each day. This is as important as maintaining a proper diet when it comes to losing weight in your body.
- Sleep helps significantly in improving digestion and regulating the body’s functions. Maintenance of the normal metabolic rate of the body is also done by sleep, which is essential in shedding the excess pound from your body.
Eating more fibers
- Fiber has several effective benefits for a person who wants to lose weight. Some research states that an increased intake of fiber can help a person feel fuller more quickly.
- Fiber aids in balancing the bacteria in the gut. Additionally, influencing digestion results in weight loss.
- Drinking sufficient amounts of water each day can be a very compelling home remedy for weight loss.
- Some people either unaware of how much water is enough to be consumed or they only drink water when they feel thirsty. Indeed, most people do not consume enough water daily.
- A smart way to calculate the amount of water your body requires is to weigh yourself and divide your current weight with the number 30.
- The resulting amount will be the amount of water you should consume in a day. For an instance, if you weigh 70 kilograms, then your daily water consumption should be 70/30, which is equals 2.33 liters.
Avoid calories in the beverage
- Cold drinks, Carbonated drinks, preserved fruit juices, and energy drinks often contain excess sugar, which can result in weight gain and make it tougher for a person to lose extra weight.
- Other categories of high-calorie drinks include alcohol, tea, and coffees, such as cappuccino, and latte, which contain milk and sugar.
- A person who wants to lose weight can try replacing these beverages each day with water, coconut water, mint water with lemon, or herbal tea.
Avoid refined carbohydrate
- Refined carbohydrates can be more harmful to the body’s metabolism than saturated fats according to the evidence provided by researchers.
- The liver will form and release fat into the bloodstream in response to the consumption of sugar from refined carbohydrates.
- A person who is willing to reduce weight can eat whole grains instead.
Refined or simple carbohydrates include the following foods:
- New white rice
- White bread
- Many kinds of pasta
- White flour
- Many sorts of cereal
- Refined sugars
- Bakery products
Rice, pasta, and bread, all are available in whole-grain types, which can effectively help in weight loss and protect the body from other diseases as well.
Eating more protein
- A high protein diet can help a person lose weight. Research on high-protein diets found that they are a successful strategy for preventing or curing obesity.
- The data stated that a diet rich in protein of around 25–30 grams of protein per meal provided improvements in appetite and metabolism, bodyweight management, reducing cardiometabolic risk factors, or all of these health benefits.
- A person should eat more eggs, fish, soybean, pulses and, lean meats to increase protein content in meals. These all foods are high in protein content and relatively less in fat. Lean proteins are:
- Gram, beans, and peas
- Low-fat cottage cheese (made from skimmed milk)
- Tofu ( made from soya milk)
One should do exercises at least thrice a week including cycling, swimming, jogging, any sports activity, yoga and pranayama, Gymnastics, and Brisk walking.