National Dengue Day is observed on 16th May with the recommendation of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India.
Dengue is prevalent across the country. This year due to COVID-19 pandemic, people are focusing more on the Corona virus but one should not ignore the Dengue disease and must take some preventive measure in order to prevent this disease.
In Ayurveda, Dengue is related with “DandakJwara”.
It can affect anyone but is more severe in people with compromised immunity.
Other names- Dandy fever or break-bone fever
CAUSITIVE ORGANISM-It is a viral disease which is caused by mosquito– AedesEegypti.
How DENGUE is caused?
It can lead to flu-like illness like-
- High fever
- Severe muscle and joint pain
- Pain behind eyes
- Swollen glands
- Rashes etc.
Mostly people recover within a week. Symptoms worsen and become life-threatening in some cases leading to severe dengue fever. blood vessels damaged or become leakyin this condition. Platelets value in the bloodstream drops.
In case ofsevere dengue fever the following symptoms may be noticed –
- Severe abdominal pain
- Blood in urine, stools or vomiting
- Difficulty in breathing
- Bleeding from gums or nose
DENGUE – PREVENTION,CONTROL AND TREATMENT
One should take the following measures in order to control and prevent this disease –
Clothing– Wear clothing which reduces the amount of skin exposed i.e. long pants, long-sleeved shirts, and socks, tucking pant legs into shoes or stockings etc.
Use of Mosquito repellents-The repellent should have at least 10 percent concentration of diethyltoluamide (DEET), or a higher concentration for longer lengths of exposure. The use of DEET on young children should be avoided.
The local Application mustard oil or massage with this oil naturally repel the mosquitos.
Mosquito traps and nets– . The insecticide will kill mosquitoes and other insects, and it will repel insects from entering the room. So, the Nets treated with insecticide are more effective, otherwise the mosquito can bite through the net if the person is standing next to it
Door and window screens- Structural barriers, such as screens or netting, can keep mosquitos out.
Avoid Perfume or scents– The mosquitoes get attracted towards heavily scented soaps and perfumes.
Timing- One should try to avoid being outside at dawn(Early morning) and dusk(Evening twilight).
Stagnant water– Avoid storage of water in open container and removing stagnant water can help reduce the risk because this mosquito breeds in clean, stagnant water.
Some measures to reduce the risk of mosquitoes breeding in stagnant water-
- Avoid accumulation of water i.e. turn buckets and watering cans over and store them under shelter.
- Flower pots- Remove excess water from the plant pot plates.
- Try to scrub the containers to remove mosquito eggs
- Do not place potted plants and other objects over the scupper drains and make sure that the drains are not blocked.
- Use non-perforated gully traps, install anti-mosquito valves, and cover any traps that are rarely used.
- Do not place receptacles under an air-conditioning unit
- Change the water in flower vases on alternate days and the inside of the vase should be scrubbed and rinsed.
- Prevent leaves from blocking anything that may result in the accumulation of puddles or stagnant water
- If you are going outside for a camp or picnic, one should choose an area that is away from still water.
CAC SPECIAL DENGUE CARE KIT
DENGUE CARE KIT
Nowadays, Global climate changes directly affect the natural environment and leads to an increase in the transmission of diseases by the means of vectors. Among the vector borne diseases, Dengue is at the top of the list. ‘’ CAC Dengue Fever Kit’’ is made up of purely Ayurvedic herbs which helps to boost up your immunity and helps in the prevention of Dengue Fever. This kit provides best results if used regularly.It is 100% natural and safe to use.
- Platfer Tablet
- Giloy Capsules
- Liver care Syrup
- Trikatu Tablet