Migraine can cause extreme pulsating torment or a beating sensation, for the most part on one side of the head. It’s regularly joined by sickness, heaving, and outrageous affectability to light and sound. Headache assaults can keep going for quite a long time to days and the agony can be serious to such an extent that it meddles with your every day exercises.
Migraine is called as Ardhavbhedak in Ayurveda. In Ardhavbhedak there is cutting and agitating agony in portion of the locale of head, cervical area, eyebrows, fleeting part , ears, eyes, and front facing head which is a lot of like Migraine. As indicated by Acharya Charaka had referenced that vitiated Vata/Vata – Kapha are associated with indication of Ardhavabhedaka.
Samprapti of Ardhavabhedka
1.Aharaj 2.Viharaja 3.Mansika 4.Agantuja
Vitiation of tridosha
Enters siras of shiras
Vitiates the rakta
Gets lodged in ardha shiras
Types of Migraines
There are a few sorts of headaches, and a similar kind may pass by various names:
Migraine with aura (complicated migraine): Around 15% to 20% of individuals with headache migraines experience an air.
Migraine without aura (common migraine): This kind of headache cerebral pain strikes without the notice a quality may give you. The indications are something similar, yet that stage doesn’t occur.
Migraine without head pain: “Quiet headache” or “acephalgic headache,” as this sort is otherwise called, incorporates the atmosphere indication however not the cerebral pain that ordinarily follows.
Causes of Migraine
- Excessive admission of Ruksha Bhojana (Dry and Coarse food)
- Adhyashan (Excessive admission of feast or eating during heartburn)
- Skipping suppers/Fasting/Hunger
- Atiambupana (Excessive admission of water)
- Atimadyapana (Excessive admission of liquor).
Habitual and word related causes;
- Affliction with Pragavata (Easterly wind)
- Due to inordinate openness to ice
- Weather changes, High height, Barometric pressing factor changes
- Suppression of the common inclinations extraordinarily of Mutravega, Purishavega, Kshavathuvega and Nidravega.
- Ayasa (Excessive exercise or Fatigue)
- Changes in rest designs as Diva Swapna (day resting) subsequent to taking feast or Ratrijagarana (overnight arousing)
- Atimaithuna (excesive copulation)
- Atibhasya (over talking)
- Excessive Exposure to Sun beams or splendid light
- Asatmyagandha (Bad scent)
- Staying in unhygienic conditions.
- Hormonal (Menstrual cycle vacillations, oral contraceptives pills and so forth)
Symptoms of migraines
- Slicing and agitating torment down the middle of the locale of Manya (cervical locale) Bhru (Eye temples), Shankha
- (Transient district), Karna (Ears), Akshi (Eyes) and Lalata (Frontal head).
- Tearing and pounding power of torment with Bhrama (Vertigo/disarray).
- The infection grows either at the time frame fortnight 15 days or 10 days or on the other hand a month and dies down of its own accord.
- Shankhamoola Darana (Tearing agony in transient locales), Gandashotha (Swelling over Zygomatic territory) and Chakshu-Virajyata (Redness of Eyes).
- Ardhashirsha Vikara is raised with the ascent of Sun.
- If the illness goes on for cutting edge, it might obliterate the sight and the consultation.
- Affectability to light, clamor and scents.
- Queasiness and regurgitating steamed stomach and stomach torment.
- Loss of craving.
- Feeling warm (perspiring) or cold (chills).
- Fair skin tone (paleness).
- Feeling tired.
- Wooziness and obscured vision.
- Delicate scalp.
- Looseness of the bowels (uncommon).
- Fever (uncommon).
Treatment of Migraine
Nidana Parivarjana (Avoidance of Causative Components)
Nidana Parivarjana is the first and most helpful technique in the anticipation and the board of Ardhavabhedaka. The factors which are known to create Ardhavabhedaka ought to be stayed away from.
Aushadh chikitsa (Medicine treatment)
In this both panchkarma chikitsa and oral drug in type of shaman chikitsa is shown. Under panchkarma some Shodhana Karmas (for extremist expulsion of causative dismal components of the sickness from the body) and a few different strategies (for moment alleviation by utilizing particular strategies) are demonstrated.
- Shirolepa (Head mask) – Kumkuma Ghrita lepa, Sarivadi lepa.
Different medications for shirolepa are;
1) Process dark pepper powder with bhringraja swarasa and keep it in a jug subsequent to drying. Use with bhringraja swarasa during assault.
2) Black tila, jatamansi powder blended in with saindhava furthermore, nectar.
- Shiro-Abhyanga (Massage over Head)- with Dashmoola Taila, Mahamayura Ghrita, Prapondrikadi Taila.
- Shirovirechana Karma (Nasya procedure)
In the Nasya Karma treatment the medication is directed through nostrils. Medications utilized for this reason incorporate oils, arranged with drugs as powder juice or glue of the medications which may have aggravation impact on nasal mucosa. Nasyakarma should be possible for 7-21 days as per seriousness and chronicity of the illness. Arrangements utilized in Shirovirechana Karma are:
Taila/Ghrita – Shadabindu Taila, Anu Taila, Dashmoola Taila, Gunja Taila, Goghrita, Devadarvadi Ghrita, Lakshadi taila, Kumkumadi Ghrita