- Keloid also called a keloid scar.
- This is the scar formation that depends on its maturity, it is composed of collagens mainly type 3 or type 1 collagen.
- This scar is formed due to an overgrowth of collagen type 3 at the area of a healed skin which is slowly replaced by type 1 collagens. These scars are firm, fibrous nodules, rubbery or shiny lesions, and vary from pink color to a person’s skin or red to dark brown in color.
- A keloid scar is a benign and non-spreading disease, but sometimes severe itchiness, pain, and changes in texture occur. In advanced cases, it affects skin movements. Some people have a higher tendency to develop a keloid in those with a family history of keloids and people between the ages of 10 and 30 years.
- They are much larger than the original wound. The most common site where they found is in the chest, shoulders, earlobes, and cheeks. Moreover, keloids can affect any part of the body.
- Acne scars
- Chickenpox scars
- Ear piercing
- Surgical incision sites
- Vaccination sites
- Keloids can develop in any area or part of the body where skin trauma has occurred.
- They can be the result of pimples, scratching, burns, skin injury, or insect bites.
- Keloid scars can develop after surgery.
- More common sites, such as the central chest, the back, and shoulders (usually resulting from acne), and the ear lobes (from ear piercings).
- They can also occur where body piercings are done. The most common areas are the pelvic region, earlobes, arms, and collar bone.
- Histologically, they are fibrotic tumors characterized by a collection of atypical fibroblasts with excessive accumulation of extracellular matrix components, especially fibronectin, elastin, collagen, and proteoglycans.
- They contain an acellular thick center, abundant collagen bundles that form nodules in the deep dermal area of the lesion. These lesions can cause pain, itching, and physical deformity.
- They cannot improve in appearance over time and can limit the mobility of joints. It occurs in both sexes that is the male and females equally, but the incidence in young female patients is higher than in young males.
- The frequency of occurrence is fifteen times higher in highly pigmented people.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS
- The symptoms of a keloid can include:
- The localized area is flesh, pink, or red in color,
- A lumpy or ridged area of skin is usually raised
- An area continues to grow larger with scar tissue over time
- An itchy patch present on the skin
- Skin biopsy – If a keloid looks like a perturbing skin growth, a Biopsy of the skin is done. This procedure involves removing a small section so that it can be studied under a microscope.
- Visual inspection and palpation – Keloids scars can often be diagnosed by visual inspection or palpation. If a benign or malignant tumor is suspected, then imaging diagnosis with ultrasound, CT, or MRI is done.
- Biomarkers – that can clearly identify keloids from hypertrophic scars.
- Ultrasound imaging – is also suitable for evaluating the effect of treatment on the keloid.
- Panchtiktta ghrita guggul – It is a herbo-mineral ayurvedic formulation of CAC consist of herbs specifically designed to treat drying, inflammation, and deadening of tissue and skin, particularly of the rectum area. The main ingredient is Neem which is best for treatment of ailments of the blood and plasma, most effective against many skin diseases which is caused due to harmful toxins and vitiation of the blood. It has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory effects which makes it useful in treating piles, and fissures. In addition, this blend contains many ingredients which shows cleansing action on the liver and kidneys, which further helps to detox the skin and post-digestive functioning. The herbs added shows rejuvenating and soothing action on the circulatory and digestive systems. It is used to treat a variety of skin conditions including, but not limited to, rectal bleeding and inflammation.
- CAC DETOX PREMIUM POWDER are herbo-mineral sachets which are purely Ayurvedic formulation. These sachets mainly detox the body and eliminate toxic substances and helps in proper metabolism of all the functions. This formulation act at the level of the nervous system and facilitate proper conduction of signal impulse from the nerves to the muscles. These sachets have anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and immune-modulator. The ingredients present in it are moti pishti, parwal pishti, shukta pishti, Giloy satv, kamdudha ras, Jahar Mohra, akik pishti, gandhak rasayan, sutshekhar ras, etc. These ingredients balances all the three doshas (Vata, Pitta & Kapha) and helps in blood purification, reduces burning sensation, weakness, and hot flashes in ulcerative colitis patients. It reduces the level of high uric acid in the body. The powder is very beneficial in relieving discomfort, numbness, muscle ache, and reduces swelling of the pelvic region. This powder provides a cooling & calming effect on the mouth ulcers. It is very beneficial in reducing the swelling, redness, stiffness, and improves the movements of joints.
- JATYADI GHRTA LEPAM – this is herbo mineral lepam which consists of jati patra, nisa, nimba patra, tuttha, patola. Jati patra possess anti-bacterial, anti- ulcer and antioxidant activities. Used in management of wound healing. Nisa purifies the blood and remove toxins, wide range of biological effects including antioxidants, anti-tumor, anti-bacterial, antiviral, anti- inflammatory activities. Nimba patra paramount anti – microbial activities and effective in case of ulcers and eczema. Tuttha it play a key role in angiogenesis and in the expression and stabilization of extracellular skin proteins, also exhibits broad biocide properties. Patola leaf juice possesses antiseptic, insecticidal properties.