You may have experienced acid reflux at some point in life. It is a common condition that features a burning pain or heartburn, in the lower chest area. It happens when stomach acid flows back up into the food pipe.
It occurs when the sphincter muscle at the lower end of your esophagus relaxes at the wrong time, this allows stomach acid to back up into your esophagus. This can cause heartburn and other signs and symptoms. The reflux on a regular basis can lead to gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
It may occur in all age groups irrespective of gender.
Causes of Acid Reflux Disease
Some of the causes of Acid Reflux disease are listed below-
- Excessive eating or Overeating
- Lying down immediately after eating
- Eating particular food on a daily basis
- Increased pressure on the abdomen in case of overweight or obese or pregnant
- Intake of certain medications- Asthma medications, calcium channel blockers, antihistamines, sedatives, and antidepressants.
- Smoking or passive smoking.
Symptoms of acid reflux disease:
Some of the common symptoms associated with esophageal reflux disease are as follows-
- Nausea or vomiting
- Bad Breath
- Respiratory problems
- Pain in swallowing
- Difficulty in swallowing
Natural Treatment of Acid reflux Disease:
- Avoid overeating- Larger meals can worsen symptoms of Acid reflux.
- One should maintain at least a 2hours gap between meals and sleep.
- Weight management- The pressure in your abdomen may become so high that the lower esophageal sphincter gets pushed upward, away from the diaphragm’s support because of your belly fat. Weight loss helps a lot in relieving the symptoms of Gastro Esophageal reflux disease.
- Follow a low carb diet- There can be Bacterial overgrowth because of undigested carbs and elevated pressure inside the abdomen may be noticed.
- Limit Alcohol intake- It may increase the severity of acid reflux and heartburn. Moderate intake of alcohol may also cause reflux in healthy individuals.
- Avoid intake of Caffeine- In some studies, it is seen that coffee can temporarily weaken the lower esophageal sphincter, which increases the risk of acid reflux.
- Avoid raw onion- Eating raw onion may irritate the lining of the esophagus, causing worsened heartburn, belching, and acid reflux in some people.
- Avoid too much citrus juices, limit carbonated beverages and eat less amount of chocolates.
- Elevate the head of your Bed- It may be helpful in decreasing reflux episodes and symptoms as compared to those who slept without any elevation.
- Sleep on the left side- Avoid sleeping on the right side because as you lay on your right side, stomach acid covers the lower esophageal sphincter. It increases the risk of acid leaking through it and causing acid reflux.
Acid reflux disease Treatment in Ayurveda
Treat the Esophageal reflux naturally with the means of some Herbal medications.
CAC SPECIAL MEDICATION FOR ESOPHAGEAL REFLUX DISEASE-
“Get treated Right now; don’t wait until it becomes worse”
|SR. NO.||PRODUCTS NAME||DOSAGE|
|1.||Agnimukha Churna||*1/2Teaspoon two time a day|
|2.||Puran Pachak||*2teaspoon two times a day|
|3.||Sheet Dhara||*1/2 or 1 teaspoon twice daily, empty stomach.|
|4.||Panchasakar Churna||*1teaspoonful at bed time with warm water.|
|5.||Liver Care Tablet||*1tablet twice daily|
|6.||Pitta Balance Tablets||*1tablet twice daily|
*The dosage of the above medications may differ from person to person as per the severity of the patient.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF THE PRODUCTS-
- Agnimukha Churna
This herbal churna is prepared from ingredients like Vacha (Acorus calamus), Pippali (Piper longum), Sonth (Zingiber officinale), Ajwain (Trachyspermum ammi), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), etc that balances vata & kapha doshas in the body. It gives effective results in indigestion, anorexia, abdominal pain, constipation, loss of appetite, flatulence, bloating, intestinal gas, intestinal gas, etc.
Recommended Dosage: Take a half teaspoon of this churna twice daily with normal water.
- Puran Pachak
Puran Pachak is a herbo-mineral Syrup of 200 ml and is Purely Ayurvedic formulation. CAC Puran Pachak syrup helps in Digestion, Supports the Digestive system, and Maintains the doshas in our body. It also helps to remove out impurities or ama from the body. This syrup reduces the Acidity, Detoxify the blood and also Supports the body health. It shows Antacid, Digestive, Anti-inflammatory, Analgesic, Expectorant, and Antioxidant properties. This syrup is made up of pure ayurvedic herbs such as Mulethi, Saunf, Vasakha, Ajwayan, Prpati etc. that helps to maintain the Digestive system and in the body.
Recommended Dosage: Take 2 teaspoonful twice daily.
- Panchsakar Churna
This churna is very effective for acidity patients as it shows antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, laxative, & analgesic properties. It is a classical herbal churna prepared from ingredients like Shatapushpa,Balaharitaki, Shunthi, Swarnapatri, & Saindhav lavana. It helps in removing all toxins
from the body & provides good results in acidity. All signs & symptoms related to acidity are treated with the regular use of this churna.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 teaspoonful at bedtime with warm water.
- Sheet Dhara Syrup
This herbal syrup is prepared from ingredients such as ajwain satav, mushak kapoor, peppermint, etc that naturally relieve the symptoms like bloating, blenching, nausea, vomiting, feeling of discomfort, etc. The regular use of this herbal syrup neutralizes the high acid content, reduces
abdominal pain, & cramps.
Recommended dosage: Take half teaspoonful of this syrup in half a cup of water. Drink this mixture twice daily on an empty stomach.
- Liver Care Tablet
These tablets are 100% safe and purely ayurvedic formulation. It maintains the proper functioning of the liver and stimulates the growth of new liver cells. Liver Care Tablets contains Ingredients like Kalmegh (Andrographis paniculata), Kutaki(Picrorhiza kurroa), Bhumi amla( phyllanthus niruri), Giloy(Tinopora Cordifolia), Yavakshar( Hordeum vulgare), Imli Kshar( Tamarindus indica), Mukta Shukta pisti etc. These herbs balances excess Pitta Dosha and helps in problems like abdominal bloating,flatulence, abdominal pain, loss of appetite and indigestion.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 tablet twice daily with normal water.
- Pitta Balance Tablet
Pitta doshas is responsible for digestion, metabolism, blood quality, thirst, appetite, eyesight, skin color and quality, body temperature, and mental abilities of intelligence and courage. Pitta doshas is composed of a fire element that digests almost everything that a person eats or drink. The eaten food is transformed into energy for the body to use in various functions of the body.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 tablet twice daily with normal water.