- The Novel Coronavirus affects our immune system till a great extent so it’s important to get a healthy immune system back by doing some Healthful measures.
- At this point of time when your immune system has taken a set back and is in a weaker state after being infected with the deadly coronavirus there is need of Good nutrition for maintaining good health status.
- After combating an infection body needs more energy and increase amount of fluids, hence it is very essential to fuel the system with the proper amount of nutrients than a person usually need. Even if a person have recently recovered from COVID-19, than they should follow a strict diet and healthy lifestyle. For speeding up the recovery process there are a lot of foods.
- The consequence of this fatal infection is many like it makes you exhausted, tired and drains out the person’s physical and mental energy. The people who have recently recovered from the coronavirus need more energy, proteins, vitamins and minerals to speed up the recovery process and this would essentially support you to strengthen immunity back and rebuilt the stamina and energy.
Healthy ways to build up your immune system
Following general health guidelines is the only best step a person can take toward keeping your immune system working properly naturally. Choosing a healthy lifestyle is a first line of defense.
Your immune system and as well as every part of your body functions better when it is protected from certain environmental assaults and prop up by healthy-living strategies these are as follows-
- Quit Smoking
- Your diet must be high in fruits and vegetables.
- Exercise on a regular basis- Practice Yoga and Pranayama.
- Healthy weight maintenance.
- Avoid alcohol or drink in moderation only.
- Get adequate amount of sleep (8hours).
- Take steps to avoid infection like washing your hands, frequently and cooking meals thoroughly
- Maintain social distancing norms, wear mask and gloves.
- Minimize your stress
Some Detail description to rejuvenate your Immune system in Post-Covid recovery are as follows-
Correct your sleep habit-
- Sleep and immunity are inter-related with each other.
- Inadequate or poor quality sleep is linked to a higher susceptibility to sickness.
- Getting adequate rest may strengthen your natural immunity. One should sleep more when you are sick to allow your immune system to better fight the illness.
- Normal Sleep Duration- Adults 7hours or more hours of sleep during night time, Teenagers- 8–10 hours and Younger children and infants- up to 14 hours.
- Avoid sleeping during the day time.
- Try to avoid using cell phones, TV, and computer as it may disrupt your circadian rhythm, or your body’s natural wake-sleep cycle.
- The main focus for Post-COVID patients should be to consume foods that would help to rebuild muscles, raises the immunity and energy levels.
- Take Whole plant foods because they are rich in nutrients and antioxidants that may help you against harmful pathogens. For. Ex. -fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, and legumes etc.
- Choose fruits and vegetables that are rich in nutrients like vitamin C, which helps to reduce the duration of the common cold.
- It is recommended to take 5 servings of colored fruits and vegetables to get adequate vitamins and minerals.
- A person should eat whole grains like ragi, oats, and amaranth etc.
- Turmeric milk- Intake of milk mixed with half teaspoon of turmeric once a day helps to boost your immunity.
- Eat soft foods at small intervals and add amchoor in the food.
- Intake of protein rich diet like chicken, fish, eggs, paneer, soy, nuts, and seeds are highly recommended.
- Intake of Healthy fats like walnuts, almonds, olive oil, and mustard oil.
- Intake of fermented foods like Yoghurt or take a probiotic supplement to maintain your gut health.
- Limit or avoid added sugar or added Salt.
Keep the Stress Away-
- Take small amounts of dark chocolate with at least 70 percent cocoa to get rid of anxiety.
- Perform Yoga postures and Pranayama or Breathing exercises as per your tolerance this will provide you a healthy immune system and thus speed up the recovery process.
- Talk to friends or your loved ones not in text but with a group video call this will distress your mind and will make you happy.
- Try to be Satvik i.e. positive attitude towards dealing every aspect of life.
- One should stay hydrated in order to maintain a good immune system and also for a good skin health.
- Provide proper hydration to your body i.e. 2 to 3 liters of water per day.
Some herbs which are easily available can be used in your daily life. These are beneficial in maintaining a healthy immune system and are as follow-
- Haridra or Turmeric
- Yashtimadhu or mulethi
- Maricha or Black Pepper
- Sonth or Dry Ginger
- Dalchini or Cinnamon
- Pippali or Long pepper
- Triphala- Haritaki, Vibhitaki, Amalaki
- Trikatu- Pippali, Sonth and Maricha
- Madhu or Honey
- Asparagus racemosus or Shatavari