How do I Cure Fatty Liver Naturally?
The liver is the main and largest organ in the body which helps to digest food, stores the body’s energy and removes the toxins. Fatty liver is the most disease than ever. In most cases, it is associated with drinking too much alcohol but in some of the cases, it can also occur in the people above the age of 60 and can also occur in children as well as young adults.
Non Alcoholic fatty liver (NAFLD):
This condition is not related to drinking too much alcohol.
Alcoholic fatty liver:
It occurs due to heavy alcohol use. The liver breaks down most of the alcohol and removes it from the body. This process of breaking down the particles can generate harmful substances and damages the liver cells, promotes inflammation and weakens the body’s natural defenses.
What are the causes of fatty liver?
The main cause of the fatty liver is obesity, in which overfeeding can cause inflammation and can affect liver function. In most of the cases, it is found that adults have non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
- Patients who are insulin resistant will gave more fat in the body and more fat will be stored in the liver than those who do not have pre-diabetics.
- Poor gut health can cause an imbalance of the bacteria in the gut which can contribute to the development of fatty liver in most of the people.
- Too much sugar and refined carbs like white flour, soda leads to fatty liver, if these foods are consumed by insulin-resistant individuals.
- The genetic cause can also more prone to develop fatty liver.
What are the symptoms of fatty liver?
Most of the people don’t know that they have fatty liver until the symptoms become severe. The early symptoms of fatty liver are tiredness and pain in the right abdominal part of the abdomen.
Here are some of the main symptoms of fatty liver:
- Swelling in the abdomen
- Heaviness in the center or on the right side of the abdomen.
- Enlarged and prominent blood vessels under the skin
- The yellowish coloration of the skin and eyes
- Red-colored palms
How fatty liver can be diagnosed?
Most of the symptoms of fatty liver are not easy to diagnose but the doctor can suspect if the results of the liver function tests are abnormal.
Other examinations are:
- Liver function test
- In some of the cases, if the condition is severe then you have to go for a liver biopsy to confirm the diagnosis and to check the condition of the liver.
Some changes in diet and lifestyle that will help in maintaining the health of liver:
- Eat a proper and healthy diet but limit the use of salt and sugar in it.
- Regular exercise can help to lose weight and reduce the fat content in the liver.
- Include some vegetables to your diet such as spinach, bottle gourd, bitter gourd, coriander, sweet potato etc.
- Drink plenty of water daily to remove the ama (toxins) from the body.
- Use mustard oil, olive oil or cow ghee for cooking.
- Drink coconut water daily.
- Include salads as per the seasonal vegetables and fruits in your diet.
What are the risk factors for fatty liver?
- Middle or older age people
- Diabetes mellitus
- High levels of fat content present in the blood such as triglycerides and cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Certain drugs like corticosteroids or some cancerous drugs
- Rapid weight loss
- Exposed to some toxins
Panchakarma treatment for fatty liver:
Panchakarma procedures plays an important role in treating the root cause of the disease. Chandigarh Ayurved Centre offers the best ways to treat fatty liver. These procedures are done by experienced therapists and provides effective results.
Vasti is the main procedure done in treating fatty liver patients. Vasti is mainly of two types- anuvasana (oil enema therapy) and niruha vasti (herbal enema therapy).
Chandigarh Ayurved Centre offers wonderful treatment which is very effective in curing fatty liver and its root cause. Fatty liver care kit includes 6 products- trikatu tablet, detox premium powder, liver care tablet, Triphala Guggulu, panchsakar churna and sheet dhara syrup. This kit is very helpful in balancing the doshas in the body and can be used by any age group.
1. Trikatu tablet:
Trikatu tablet consists of three main herbs in equal parts such as shunthi (Zingiber officinalis), Marich (Piper nigrum) and pippali (Piper longum). These herbs removes the ama (toxins) from the body and maintains the proper digestion of food. The use of this tablet removes extra fats from the liver. It also shows analgesic, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties.
Dosage: 1 tablet twice daily with normal water before meals.
2. Detox premium powder:
Detox premium powder helps in the detoxification of the liver by eliminating all the toxins from the body. The ingredients present in it are parval pishti, shukta pishti, giloy satv, kamdudha ras, gandhak rasayan, etc. These ingredients are a rich source of antioxidants, thereby helpful in restoring the health of the liver.
Dosage: 1 sachet twice daily with normal water.
3. Liver care tablet:
The liver care tablet helps in stimulating the growth of new liver cells which promotes its good health and improves the blood flow. It consists of bhumi amla (Phyllanthus niruri), kutaki (Picrorhiza kurroa), kalmegh (Andrographis paniculata), Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia), Mukta pishti , yavakshar (Hordeum vulgare), etc. These herbs are helpful to remove dead cells from the liver and maintain its health.
Dosage: 1 tablet twice daily with normal water.
4. Triphala Guggulu:
Triphala Guggulu consists of 4 main herbs- Haritaki, bibhitaki, Amalaki, and guggul that maintain the health of the liver cells. These herbs also shows carminative, analgesic, laxative and digestive stimulant properties. Guggul present in it maintains the health of the liver cells. Daily use of this tablet will give you the best results in case of fatty liver and other related disorders.
Dosage: 1 tablet twice daily with normal water.
5. Panchsakar churna:
Panchsakar churna consists of 5 ingredients such as balaharitaki, shatapushpa, shunthi, swaranpatri and shunthi. These herbs removes the toxins (ama) from the liver and maintains the proper functioning of the liver. All these are also helpful in providing strength to the digestive system and prevents the liver from infection.
Dosage: 1 teaspoonful at bedtime with lukewarm water.
6. Sheet dhara syrup:
Sheetdhara syrup provides a cooling effect on the body and treats the other symptoms related to fatty liver like hyperacidity, weakness, loss of appetite, indigestion, etc. It is formulated with mushk Kapoor, ajwain satv and peppermint which provides the cooling effect.
Dosage: Mix 1 teaspoonful in 30 ml of water and drink it early in the morning on an empty stomach.