In Ayurveda it is explained as Shweta pradara , In this there is excessive vaginal discharge with itching, burning sensation and pain which is followed by bodyache and tiredness.
It is caused by imbalance of Rasa and Kapha Dhatu.
Due to the causative factors listed below Doshas get vitiated and lodged in sites of Apana Vayu like hips, bladder, thighs, vagina etc. Body can not withstand the vital strength due to the imbalanced doshas and it’s lost through vaginal route.
- Incompatible food
- Alcohol intake
- Repeated food intake causing indigestion
- Grief, stress
- Repeated abortions
- Emaciating disorders or diseases like anemia and diabetes
- Weight lifting
- Day sleeping and sedentary lifestyle
- Unhygienic activities and infections
- Vataj : Discharge will be dry, frothy, associated with pain. Appears similar to the fleh washed water
- Pittaj : Discharge will either be yellow, blue, red or black with associated burning sensation. Secretion is profuse in this case.
- Kaphaj : Discharge will be thick slimy pale and will appear like wheat washed water.
- Sannipataj(Involving all three doshas) : Features of all three doshas are observed here. It’s either yellowish in colour or it looks like mixture of ghee and honey. It has bad adour.
- Lower back and abdominal pain
- Leg pain(calf and thigh)
- Frequent urination and burning sensation during the same
- Fatigue or weakness
- Upset stomach
- Frequent headaches
- Inflammation and redness of vagina and surrounding areas
COMPLICATIONS ASSOCIATED WITH SHWETAPRADAR
- TANDULODAKA : It is considered one of the best remedies in Lucorrhea. Boil half portion of rice in 1 liter of water. Boil it for 10-15mins and remove the rice from it. Add a tablespoon of sugar in the rice water and drink it lukewarm once a day regularly. You can also add powder of seeds of Jamun in it.
- CORIANDER SEEDS : Soak 1 tablespoon of coriander seeds in a cup of water all night. In morning chew the seeds and drink the water empty stomach for a month. It flushes out the toxins from the body and improves overall health.
- FENUGREEK SEEDS FOR WASH : Boil atleast 3 tablespoon of methi seeds in 1 litre of water for 20-30 mins and then strain the water. Use it for vaginal wash when it’s cold or lukewarm.
- Fenugreek seeds can also be taken internally in the form of tea. They provide calming effect on the skin and mucous membrane. They help with the pain, swelling and irritation.
- DRY INDIAN GOOSEBERRY AND LIQUORICE : It should be taken in equal quantities, powder it and mix it with honey thrice the quantity.
- ALOE VERA : Aloe vera contracts the uterine tissue. It helps the discharge of abnormal fluids. Drin aloe vera juice regularly.
- GUAVA LEAVS DECOCTION : Boil guava leaves with water for half an hour and strain the water and let it cool down. use it for vaginal wash.
- NEEM : Extract obtained from bark of neem, added with cumin seeds can be consumed to get rid of leucorrhea. or you could just add little neem oil in a glass of milk and have it. Neem has antimicrobial properties and is anti inflammatory.
- AMARANTHUS ROOT : Grind healthy amaranthus root and mix it with water. Drink it 2 times a day to get good results. It is antibacterial in nature.
- OKRA OR LADY’S FINGER : Boil about 200gms of okra in 1 liter of water. When the water is reduced to half of its quantity. Drink this mixture, it will help cure the disease. To improve the taste you can add honey or sugar according to your taste.
- BANANAS : Eat bananas regularly. Or you could make dishes with banana or banana, amla juice, raw sugar etc.
- TRIPHALA CHURAN : Take 2 tablespoon of triphala churan and boil it in 2 glass of water for fifteen minutes and use it for vaginal douching.
- LODHRA(SYMPLOCOCUS RACEMOSA) : Take bark of lodhra and boil it in water to make decoction and use it for douching. Lodhra is astringent and has antimicrobial properties.
- AMALAKI POWDER : Take 1tsf of amalaki powder, add some honey in it. It can be added to a glass of milk as well.
- ASPARAGUS OFFICINALIS (garden asparagus): Boil it with Ashwagandha(Withania somnifera) and drink it regularly for good results.
- WALNUT LEAVES : Walnut leaves have astringent properties. Soak the leaves in water and boil for 20 minutes. Use it for douching.