WHAT IS HYPERTENSION?
The force at which blood pumps from the heart into the arteries is known as Blood Pressure.
Normal Blood Pressure- Less than or equal to 120/80 mm Hg
- The blood moves through the arteries more forcefully when blood pressure is high that is termed as Hypertension. This increased pressure can damage the delicate tissue of arteries and blood vessels.
- Hypertension is also known as a “silent killer” because until there’s significant damage done to the heart it usually doesn’t cause any symptoms.
- If left untreated, Hypertension can lead to serious complications i.e. stroke, heart attack, and kidney damage. Monitor your Blood pressure on a regular basis.
- If there are no visible symptoms the people think they are Healthy but on other side the process of damage is still going on so be aware and follow some home remedies.
TRY OUT SOME HOME REMEDIES-
Exercise is the Best Home remedy
Regular Exercise may help in lowering your blood pressure. For the Beginners start out slowly, then gradually with the time pick up the pace and frequency of your Exercise.
Duration of Exercise- 30 to 60 minutes each day
Regular physical activity benefits your mood, strength, and balance. It decreases your risk of lifestyle disorders due to sedentary lifestyle.
Try out Yoga and Pranayama which helps in overall Health like Suryanamaskar, Anuloma Viloma, Brahmari, Paschimuttana asana etc.
Try “The DASH” diet
One should try the “Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension” (DASH)-It helps to lower down your Blood Pressure. This diet includes the following-
- Eating fruits, vegetables, and whole grains
- Take dairy products that is low in Fat , lean meats, fish, and nuts
- Avoiding foods that are high in saturated fats like Packaged and processed foods, dairy products of Full fat content and fatty meats.
- Avoid desserts and sweetened beverages, such as soda and juice.
Low Sodium Intake
- Try to put down your salt shaker i.e. limit your sodium intake to a minimum helps a lot in lowering down the blood pressure.
- The people who eat too much sodium, then the body starts to retain fluid. Further it results in a sharp rise in blood pressure.
- Don’t add salt in top of your food to decrease sodium in your diet. 1teaspoon of table salt has 2,300 mg of sodium.
- Amount of salt intake in your diet- Not more than 1,500 milligrams (mg) a day
- You can use herbs and spices instead of this to add flavor to your food. Processed foods also tend to be loaded with sodium. Try to read food labels and always choose low-sodium alternatives when possible.
Weight management is difficult but not impossible. The Blood pressure and Weight go hand in hand. Losing some kilos can help to lower your blood pressure.
The visceral fat or extra fat around your waist is troublesome. It surrounds various organs in the abdomen. In turn may cause serious health issues, including Hypertension.
In general, Measurement of waist of men should be less than 40 inches and Women should aim of less than 35 inches.
Forbid your nicotine addiction
As we know Cigarette smoking is injuries to health. Each cigarette that a person smokes raises blood pressure for several minutes after you finish on temporary basis.
If the person is a Chain smoker, then in this case the blood pressure can stay elevated for extended periods of time.
The person who is Hypertensive and also smokes is at greater risk for developing dangerously high blood pressure, Heart attack and Stroke.
Quitting smoking can help your blood pressure return to normal.
Limit alcohol intake
Increased Alcohol consumption is also one of the causes of Hypertension. Drinking excessive amounts of alcohol can lead to lots of health issues, including Hypertension.
Drinking Alcohol in moderate amount is good for health but don’t take it in excess. For Example taking a cup of Red wine with your dinner is perfectly fine. It also offers heart-health benefits if done in moderation.
- It’s hard to relax in today’s fast-paced world that’s filled with increasing demands. It’s important to step away from your daily responsibilities for a day in order to de-stress yourself.
- It can temporarily raise your blood pressure. Too much stress can elevate your blood pressure for extended periods of time.
- Firstly identify the trigger for your stress- job, relationship, or finances. After getting the source of your stress, try to find ways to fix the problem as every problem has a solution of it.
- There are steps to relieve your stress in a healthy way- Go for a walk, Try Deep breathing exercises or simple take a deep breath, Meditate or Practicing yoga.
- Have a Cup of Chamomile tea or any relaxing Herbal tea.
SOME HEALTHY CHOICES-
- Garlic– It is a key ingredient of the Indian diet and many cuisines around the world. This natural medicine balances your blood pressure and also helps in lowering cholesterol levels.
- Onion and honey- Take a table spoon of onion juice in a cup and add two table spoons of honey. Have this mixture every day. This is a quick tip to lower your blood pressure.
- Curry leaves- It is a natural source which battles various illnesses.
Take a vessel add some drinking water and 4-5 curry leaves boil it and cool it and drink it daily.
- Carrots- Get a tall glass of juice by Blending a carrot and spinach. Drink it two times a day. It is beneficial for the people with Hypertension.
- Beet root- Try this amazing Vegetable juice two times a day to lower your blood pressure.
- Red Versus white- Avoid Red meat as it may spike your blood pressure and also make it worse. On other hand Fish and chicken are helpful in lowering blood pressure but, better avoid Non-vegetarian diet.
Note- These home remedies for lowering blood pressure in case of Hypertension and should be taken along with your prescribed medication. It will side by side help you to lower your blood pressure and live a healthy life.