When the process of saliva in the mouth is reduced, then dry mouth is the problem of dry mouth. There can be many reasons for this, such as lack of water in the body, starvation or decrease in the amount of fluoride in the water. According to experts, every sixth person definitely struggles with this problem at some time.
What is dry mouth?
The problem of dry mouth is also called Xerostomia. When the salivary glands in our mouth stop making saliva, then the problem of dry mouth arises. The saliva produced in the mouth eliminates the acid created by the bacteria of the teeth, so that there is no problem of worms in the teeth, as well as saliva helps to chew and swallow food easily. In the case of dry mouth disease, eating is the most troublesome.
Dryness of the mouth is also found as a symptom of other diseases, such as-
- Sjogren syndrome
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Parkinson’s disease
Causes of Dry Mouth
The first symptom of dry mouth is less saliva in the mouth, so it feels like dry.
- Dehydration (dehydration) is the biggest cause of dryness of the mouth.
- Some allopathic medicines also cause dry mouth problems, such as; Causes of allergy medicines, analgesics and depression medications.
- Cancer problem occurs during chemotherapy in a cancer patient.
- Due to stomach malfunction.
- Injury to any part of the head can cause damage to the nerves, which can lead to dry mouth problems.
Symptoms of Dry Mouth
Apart from the basic symptoms of dry mouth, there are other symptoms, which are as follows-
- Dryness in mouth and throat.
- Foul smell from mouth.
- Having trouble chewing and swallowing food.
- Having problems with teeth in insects.
- Lack of desire to eat and taste of mouth fades.
- Itching in the gums and gums related disorders.
Prevention Tips for Dry Mouth
To avoid the problem of dry mouth, firstly one needs to pay attention to lifestyle and diet style. Keeping them balanced can be avoided to some extent like-
- Eat fruits and vegetables that have high water content, such as cucumber, cucumber, watermelon etc.
- Drink plenty of liquid substances so that there is no problem of dry mouth.
- Minimize the intake of substances like tea and coffee.
- Pay special attention to mouth cleanliness. Clean the teeth well after meals.
- Chew the food properly and eat small amount of water in the middle of the food, so that the problem of dry mouth is not disturbed.
- Do not consume preservative-rich diet, eat fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Mental illnesses such as Anxiety neurosis are also seen as a problem of dry mouth. So try to live a stressful life.
- To avoid consumption of tobacco, alcohol, smoking etc. This can also cause dry mouth problems.
Home Remedies for Dry Mouth
Generally, to get rid of the problem of dry mouth, first of all home remedies are adopted. Here we will talk about some such home remedies passed by the experts of CAC, by whose use the problem of dry mouth can be reduced to some extent-
- Consumption of red chili is beneficial in the treatment of dry mouth.
- Eat red chillies in a soup or salad. It is a good home remedy for dry mouth. Apply it on the finger and apply it on your tongue, for some time the tongue will burn, but our salivary glands become active.
- Fennel beneficial in the treatment of dry mouth
- Boil one glass of water after adding one spoon of fennel and one spoon of sugar candy. Drinking it is very beneficial in cold mouth dryness. Fennel contains flavonoids which are helpful in the production of saliva.
Lemon and Honey Beneficial in Dry Mouth
Mix well with a few drops of lemon juice and a little honey in a glass of water and drink it in small amounts throughout the day. This will make saliva in the mouth and will not dry the mouth.
Aloe Vera Beneficial in Dry Mouth
Drying of fresh aloe vera juice 20-25 ml every morning on an empty stomach reduces dryness of the mouth.
Cardamom beneficial in the treatment of mouth dryness
Chew one or two seeds of cardamom on dry mouth, it provides relief in dry mouth problem.
Baking soda for dry mouth
Take a glass of water, add a quarter teaspoon of baking soda, a teaspoon of salt and sugar and a few drops of lemon juice and drink. It does not cause dehydration and the problem of dry mouth can be avoided.
Ginger beneficial in the treatment of dry mouth
Ginger is a home remedy to avoid dry mouth. Taking a small piece of ginger in the mouth and chewing it slowly gives relief.
How to use ginger
Intake of Water Beneficial in the treatment of dry mouth