Chapped are also known as cracked lips. This term commonly used to describe dry lips.
CAUSES OF CRACKED LIPS?
It can be caused by several factors like-
- Sun damage
- Licking of the lips excessively
- By the use of certain medications
It is very common condition that only occurs for most people. But more severe form of chapped lips is called as cheilitis. It can be caused by an infection, characterized by cracked skin at the corners of the lips.
It can be treated with simple treatment and preventive measures. If your lips continue to be severely dry and cracked, you should make an appointment with your Doctor.
Symptoms of chapped lips-
- Use a good lip balm- Some lip balms are better than others, and popular brands may contain ingredients that dry the lips out.
- For example, many lip balms contain menthol or another mint flavoring. This can provide a cooling sensation, but mint is very drying and can leave the lips more chapped than before.
- Common drying ingredients in lip balms includes –
- On should avoid scented and flavored lip products, as these ingredients can also dry out the lips.
- Choose lip balms that contain soothing and moisturizing ingredients, some of them are as follows-
- Aloe Vera gel- It is enriched with natural soothing gel
How to apply?
- After cleansing of lips apply small amount of the gel to your lips and it provides relief from the pain and tenderness associated with Chapped lips.
- Honey – it has an Anti- bacterial and healing properties.
- It works as an amazing moisturizer which helps to soften your lips.
- Apply honey in the cracked lips 3 to 4 times in a day helps to treat the cracked lips effectively.
- Coconut oil- It is the best remedy against dryness associated with cracked lips
- It protects the lips from temperature like extreme dryness of hot temperature and extreme coldness during winters.
How to apply?
- Take small amount of coconut oil on the cracked lips and keep them moist and soft.
- Milk Cream- It act as a wonderful moisturizer and it contains a low fat.
How to apply- Take out fresh milk cream and apply on the lips leave it for approximately 15minutes and then wash it off with the help of luke warm water. It is also an amazing home remedy for chapped lips.
- Hydration- Chapped lips can be due to dehydration, so drink plenty of fluids to keep your body well hydrated.
- The water helps to eliminate the toxic substance present in the body thus preventing from the chapped lips.