There can be many reasons for this disease. However, insomnia is mainly a result of mental disturbance. Any type of physical pain such as body aches, extremely intense or uncomfortable weather conditions or chronic illnesses can also cause insomnia. Over-labor and over-anxiety can also lead to lack of sleep. People who have a prior history of inappropriate digestion, constipation and irregular eating habits are more likely to suffer from insomnia. There can be any reason for insomnia.
It is a irony that in today’s modern lifestyle, people do not see sleep as a necessity but as a pleasure. According to the National Sleep Foundation, 30% to 40% of people say that they sometimes have insomnia problems and 10% to 15% say they have trouble falling asleep all the time.
In Ayurveda, sleeplessness is called ‘insomnia’. It is possible to treat insomnia by adopting Ayurvedic treatment and right lifestyle. There are some easy home remedies for sleeping soundly and deeply.
Here are some natural tips to help you get a good sleep.
- Drinking warm milk before sleeping at night is an easy way to get sleep. Almond milk is an excellent source of calcium, which helps the brain produce melatonin (a hormone that helps control the sleep / wake cycle).
- Rub the cold pressed organic sesame oil on the soles of your feet, before you comfortably soak the sheet in comfort (put cotton socks on the feet, so that your sheet doesn’t get greased).
- Boil 3 grams of fresh mint leaves or 1.5 grams of dried mint powder in 1 cup of water for 15-20 minutes.
- At night, lukewarm with 1 teaspoon honey. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon cumin seeds over a chopped banana. Eat regularly at night.
- Respiratory exercise, yoga and meditation are a great way to relax your mind and get a good sleep!
- Avoid watching TV or working on computer till late at night.
- Avoid drinking coffee, tea or other aerated drinks after dusk.
- Therapies like Ayurvedic massage and Shirodhara can help to relax the mind.
- Practice sports or workouts for 30 minutes daily to make your body tired and give energy direction. See for details on how yoga can help you deal with insomnia.
- Regular meditation can regulate and improve your sleep patterns. for more information
In Mindfulness Meditation, he takes a calm breath. In this way, you observe your breath, body, thoughts, feelings and sensations. Mindfulness meditation has many health benefits. But if you are going through the problem of insomnia or poor sleep at night, then practice it regularly. It reduces stress, improves concentration and promotes immunity. Apart from meditation, the problem of insomnia can also be overcome by practicing yoga.
According to a research, even by massaging the body, sleep quality can be improved. So if you can massage your body every day too. If you ever notice, then after the head massage, you start feeling very sweet. This is because massaging relieves body fatigue and makes you feel relaxed. Due to which the sleep quality is also better.
If you often have insomnia complaints, then you should also focus on your diet once. It is better to minimize caffeine-rich foods and beverages after noon. Also, always light the dinner and do it at least two-three hours before bedtime. At the same time, for a good sleep at night, you can drink a glass of warm milk before sleeping. It relaxes the nervous system, leading to good sleep.
Make sleep routine
People who sleep late at night or have problems sleeping. It is very important for them to make and maintain sleep routine. Like you go to bed at a certain time every day. Even if you can’t sleep, but still close your eyes and lie down. This will gradually make you sleepy at the appointed time. Also, turn off the phone and TV at bedtime. Turn off the light in the room. This way will help you sleep. Sleepy nose
- Grind equal quantity of Ashwagandha and Sarpagandha and make its powder.
- Take four to five grams of powder with 1 glass of water before going to bed at night.
Easy home remedies to reduce sleep
- Whenever you feel sleepy, only then wash your eyes, face and feet with cold water.
- If you drink tea, start drinking lemon tea instead of milk.
- Elder elders say that whenever you feel sleepy and sleepy, then you should chew and eat by wrapping cloves in a betel leaf.
- If you do yoga, then you must do Vajrasana daily, this will bring agility in your body and mind.
- You should spend more and more time doing the work that you are happy doing, it will also make you sleep less.
- Friends, just as a lot of sleep causes problems like laziness and restlessness in a person, in the same way, a person has to face a lot of trouble due to lack of sleep.
- Always drink lukewarm milk at night.
- If you are fond of salad, then you eat raw onion with dinner everyday, it will also make you sleep well.
- On summer days, you can boil mint leaves and drink its water too.
- Wash your feet with warm water before going to bed every day, this will relieve your fatigue and make you sleep well.
- Massage mustard oil on the soles of the feet, this will keep your blood pressure under control and you will get better sleep.