Here we are going to explain about home remedies, diet and Life Style for psoriasis.
It is a non-infectious, inflammatory disease of the skin. It is characterized by well-defined erythematous (reddish) plaques with large adherent silvery scales. The main abnormality in psoriasis is an increased proliferation of the skin layers. Severe itching may associate with the plaques. Dryness of the skin and silvery scaling are the main characteristic.
CAUSES OF PSORIASIS
Although the root cause of the disease us yet to be identified, according to traditional Ayurveda, the vitiation of Vata and Kapha causes psoriasis. As per ayurvedic principles, Vata and Kapha are the two basic energies that uphold the balance of our body equilibrium. Strong genetic predisposition, sun deprivation, and intense streptococcal infection on the upper respiratory tract can badly aggravate psoriasis. As per ayurveda, these conditions are strong enough to create several visible pathological changes.
Consumption of opposite foods (such as fish and milk together), trauma on skin like cuts, bruises or burns, some medicines or skin irritants, excessive smoking, alcohol consumption and mental stress or psychological trauma can also be responsible for causing it. It may be hereditary too.
SYMPTOMS OF PSORIASIS
- Raised pus filled skin bumps
- Itching, inflammation
- Silver scaling
- Dry skin patches and it may bleed too.
DIET AND LIFE STYLE
- Avoid taking opposite nature food together.
- Avoid junk , spicy, oily food
- Drink a lots of water
- Avoid curd, jaggery, non-veg, eggs, alcohol, radish, tea, coffee, white flour.
- Avoid sleeping in afternoon
- Take bath with cool water instead of hot water and apply coconut oil after bath. it’s good to add few drops of oil in the water you are taking bath with. During cold, dry weather, you may need to apply a moisturizer several times a day. Take daily baths. Bathing daily helps remove scales and calm inflamed skin. Avoid hot water and harsh soaps, which can worsen symptoms; use mild soaps that have added oils and fats.
- Infections, injuries to your skin, stress, and smoking and intense sun exposure can all worsen psoriasis. So try to avoid these triggers.
- Avoid alcohol. Alcoholism provokes the problem.
- Take a glass of bitter gourd and add 2-3 spoons of lemon juice in it. Drink it daily.
- Soak sesame seeds in water overnight.in the morning crush them and drink by mixing in water.
- Aloe vera. Taken from the leaves of the aloe vera plant, aloe extract cream may reduce redness, scaling, itching and inflammation. Take aloe vera juice.
- Expose your skin to small amounts of sunlight. A controlled amount of sunlight can significantly improve lesions, but too much sun can trigger or worsen outbreaks and increase the risk of skin cancer topical applications of Oregon grape may reduce inflammation and ease psoriasis
- Topical applications of Oregon grape may reduce inflammation and ease psoriasis.