Health Benefits of Turmeric
Curcuma longa or turmeric is also known as Haridra or Haldi is a yellow-orange flavorful spice often known as the “golden spice”. In Ayurvedic medicine, it is one of the most useful and important herbs. There are numerous, incredible benefits of turmeric and experts believe its usefulness for many health-related issues.
Turmeric is an herbaceous perennial plant that grows up to 1 mt in height.
Leaves: alternate, green, smooth, tapering at both ends and arranged in pairs
- Further divided into the leaf blade, leaf sheath, and petiole. Leaves are 2 feet in length
Rhizomes– highly branched, yellow color
- Cylindrical in nature
- Aromatic in nature
Flowering season: In the month of august
- Hermaphrodite flowers
- Dull yellow in color
- Arranged in pair of five
Habitat: it is mainly native to India. Also found in tropical regions of Africa, also cultivated in China, in Indonesia, Thailand and Cambodia, Malaysia, and Vietnam.
Turmeric is an underground root stem or rhizome of the leafy turmeric plant, which is native to India and cultivated in tropical countries of Indonesia and Burma. In India, Ayurvedic doctors use it widely for treatment purposes. Most women apply the paste of powdered root on the face to enhance complexion and get a golden glow. Haridra is astringent, bitter, and pungent in taste. It helps to balance all three doshas and its heating property balances Kapha and Vata doshas energies) and balances Pitta doshas due to its bitter nature.
- Botanical Name: Curcuma longa
- Family: Zingiberaceae
- English Name: Turmeric
- Hindi: Haldi
- Marathi: Halad
- Sanskrit: Haridra, Gouri, Aushadhi, and Kanchani
- Rasa (taste) – Tikta (bitter) and Katu (pungent)
- Virya (action)- Ushna in nature
- Vipaka (conversion after digestion)- Katu (Pungent)
- Guna (qualities) – Ruksha (roughness) and Laghu (lightness)
- Gana: Shirovirechana, Haridradi, Kusthaghna,
- Dosha effect – Tridoshic at normal dosages. It pacifies Kapha and Vata due to its pungent and warming nature. It pacifies the Pitta dosha as it has a bitter and astringent taste.
- Prabhava: Purifies complexion of skin
- Effect on Manas doshas: Sattvic in nature but somehow become Rajas
Turmeric composed of hundreds of molecular constituents, each with a variety that is biologically active. There are almost 20 molecules that are anti-biotic in nature, cancer preventatives are 14 in natures, 12 that are anti-tumoral in nature, 12 in number are anti-inflammatory and there at last 10 different anti-oxidants. There are three gold-colored alkaloidal Curcuminoids in turmeric called as Demethoxy-curcumin, Curcumin, and Bisdemethoxy-curcumin. Mostly in raw state Turmeric, there is only 3-5% Curcuminoids but researches done is with a 95% Curcuminoid extract of Turmeric. The rhizome consists of:
- 70% carbohydrates
- 7% protein
- 4% of minerals
- 4% essential oils
- 1% vitamins, resin, and other alkaloids
- Act as analgesic
- Carminative action
- Cholagogue in nature
- Improves digestive system
- Diuretic in nature
- Act as stimulant
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (Hepatitis-C, Genital Herpes)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Kidney Infections
- Liver Disease
- Common Cold
- Food poisoning
- Promotes circulation of blood
- Lower back
- Strengthen the stomach and promote its function
- Abdominal pain
- Used as a mosquito repellent,
- Wound healer
- Stimulates the formation of new blood tissue
- Treat scorpion stings
- Turmeric helps in hormonal balance and works on female reproductive and lactation process
- In men, it improves the quality of semen
- Treat external ulcers
Benefits of turmeric:
- Osteoarthritis: it is used to relieve osteoarthritis as turmeric consist of curcumin that can reduce markers of inflammation.
- Obesity: curcumin helps in obesity and it helps to regulate body fat as turmeric inhibits the inflammatory properties
- Heart disease: Turmeric reduces the risk of heart disease by reducing “bad” LDL cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Diabetes: it helps to improve blood sugar metabolism and potentially reduce the side effects of diabetes on a healthy body
- Liver: the extract of turmeric works as a protective shield against chronic liver damage by helping reduce harmful oxidative stress on liver cells.
- Cancer: curcumin may reduce the activity of colon and other cancerous cells in the body and hence prevent cancer
- Antifungal: curcumin disrupts the fungal cell membranes and could be used in treatment with fungal medication for better results
- Antibacterial: Turmeric and curcumin have strong antibacterial properties. It helps to reduce the growth of many disease-causing bacteria in the body
- Blood purifier- it helps in blood circulation and used in the treatment of atherosclerosis. It used to remove the accumulation of toxins from the body. Expel out extra Kapha and Meda doshas,
- Used in bone-related disorders as it has anti-inflammatory properties.
- It helps to stimulate digestive fire and used as a stomach tonic in stomach related ailments.
- In the wound healing process, it is used externally d also rejuvenates skin tone. It also treats sores and used in cosmetics.
- A paste of turmeric is used in the treatment of acne and pimples.
- Also treats anemia
- Used to cure cough and cold.
- Best in treatment of breast cancer
CAC CURCUMIN CAPSULE
It is a herbo-mineral capsule of size 500 MG which is 100% safe and is the purely Ayurvedic formulation. CAC Curcumin Capsules helps in pacifying all three doshas. Curcumin Capsule is beneficial for a variety of skin conditions like Acne, Eczema, Psoriasis, and Dermatitis. This Capsule contains a standardized extract of the herb Curcumin (Curcuma longa). Curcumin is the active ingredient in Turmeric having powerful Anti-inflammatory, Antibacterial, Antifungal, Anti-microbial, and Antioxidant properties. These Capsules lowers the risk of Heart Attack, prevents Cancer by reducing the growth of cancerous cells, helps in treating Alzheimer’s disease, Rheumatoid arthritis and also has Anti-depressant property. These Capsules are a very popular Anti-aging supplement.
Uses CAC CURCUMIN CAPSULE are :
- Heart diseases
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Delays the aging process
- Regulates body fat
- Alzheimer’s disease
Ingredients of CAC CURCUMIN CAPSULE are :
Each capsule contains:
Curcumin (Curcuma longa) – 500 mg
- 100% natural & safe product
- This product is formulated under the guidance of MD Ayurveda expert
- Natural & Herbal supplement for overall health
- Maintains a healthy immune system
- Free from preservatives & chemicals
- 125 years of serving mankind through Ayurveda.
- Serving society 4th Generation in Ayurveda.
DOSAGE: Take two capsules twice daily.