Health Benefits of Garlic
It is a perennial scaigerous foetid with underground bulbs. the flowers are hermaphrodites(consist of both male and female parts) which are pollinated by bees and insects.
Leaves are simple, long, flat and linear, small, white in rounded umbels mixed with small bulbils. It can grow in sandy and loamy soils but prefers well-drained soil. It can grow in the shade but preferably grown in dry or moist soil.
Garlic is an anti-aging spice. It is hot, cleansing, cardiac tonic, digestive, good for eyes, improves hair quality, relieve coughs, asthma, etc
Garlic or Allium sativum is widely used as a flavoring spice in the kitchen but it has also been used as a medicinal drug throughout the ancient and modern era; it has been used to prevent and treat a wide range of disorders.
Garlic belongs to the genus Allium and is compared to an onion, rakkyo (an onion present in Asian countries), chive, scallion, leek, and shallot. It has been used by humans for thousands of years and was used in Ancient Egypt for culinary purposes as well as health and therapeutic benefits.
Throughout history in the Middle East, Nepal, and East Asia garlic has been used in the treatment of hypertension (high blood pressure), bronchitis, TB (tuberculosis), dysentery, liver disorders, flatulence, colic, rheumatism, intestinal worms, diabetes, and various kind of fevers.
Garlic is used as health supplements which may vary widely in amount of active ingredient allicin, found in garlic. Allicin is unbalanced and can be reduced in various garlic products that are aged or old to reduce odor. Odorless garlic may contain little to no active allicin. The lower the amount of active ingredient, the less effective a garlic product might be.
- Botanical name: Allium sativum
- Family- Liliaceae
- Girija – garlic found in mountains
- Kshetraja- cultivated in lands
- Lashuna- allium satium
- Maha kanda/grunjaa- allium ascalonium
- Rasa (taste)- madhura (sweet), lavana(salt), katu(pungent), tikhta(bitter), kashaya(astringent)
- Guna(qualities)- snigdha(oily), guru(heavy), teekshana(strong), piercing
- Sara- induces mobility, causes diarrhea, purgation, relieves constipation.
- Snigdha- unctuous, oily
- Teekshana- strong, piercing
- Vipaka- katu- undergoes pungent taste conversion after digestion.
- Veerya – ushana- hot potency
- Effect on tridoshas- balances Vata and Kapha, increases pitta doshas.
As per Ayurveda:
- Balya- nourishing
- Chakushya- improves eye vision
- Deepana- ignites the digestive fire
- Hridya- acts as a heart tonic
- Medhya- brain tonic
- Vrashya- aphrodisiac
- Rasayana- rejuvenator
- Jantughna- antimicrobial
- Raktadoshhar-. It purifies the blood
- Varnya- improves complexion,
- Bhagnasandhankar- aids in the healing of fractures
- Vrushya– increasing sperm count and sperm motility
- Balances Vata and Kapha doshas but increases Pitta doshas
It is known as mahoushadha. That means it treats disorders due to Vata imbalance. It can have positive effects on many disorders. Garlic clears the (srotas or channels, produces sperm and spermatic fluid (shukra) along with ovum and ovarian hormones (shonita). It also provides nourishment to the breasts
Benefits of garlic
1. Garlic act as Blood Purifier:
Acne is a common disorder. It’s time to treat the root cause of acne by removing toxins from blood internally to get healthy skin externally. Take two cloves of raw garlic with some lukewarm water every morning, and take 2-3 liter of water the everyday. If one wants to shed some weight, squeeze the half lemon juice in a glass of little warm water and have 2 cloves of garlic in the morning time. Garlic will help to cleanse your body system and flush out wasteful toxins.
2. Cold and Flu:
Garlic is used to provide relief from those stubborn cold and flu-like symptoms. Taking 2-3 cloves cooked or raw garlic a day or sipping some garlic herbal tea with a spoon of honey or ginger to give a taste. It not only going to relieve a stuffed or blocked nose and helps to cure the symptoms of cold but also build up your immune system against these frequent occurring cold and flu. Garlic could fight off infection caused by meat-eaters or non-vegetarians from the body. It is most commonly used by labor class who are exposed to infections and disease-causing bacteria. Garlic can be added to broths, hot stews, and soups to fight against sinusitis, cold and flu
3. Prevention of Heart Disorders:
Garlic helps to lower cholesterol levels when used daily because it consists of the anti-oxidant properties of Allicin. It is immensely valuable to regulate blood pressure and blood sugar levels. It is imperative to consume garlic in raw or semi-cooked form as the sulfur-containing compound Allicin tends to lose its medicinal value when garlic is cooked whole.
4. Anti-bacterial and Anti-parasitic:
Garlic is one of the best medicinal ingredients from ages – it has been used to treat bacterial, fungal and parasitic infections as it has antibiotic properties from ancient times. Studies suggested that using diluted garlic extract helps with tapeworm infections in children. A ward off cavity-causing bacteria is removed with the help of garlic.
5. Cancer Prevention:
Daily consumption of garlic helps to prevent stomach and colorectal cancers. It also used to strengthen the immunity of the body against cancer-causing agents.
6.For Skin and Hair:
Garlic protects the skin from the effect of free radicals and slows down the process of depletion of collagen fibers which causes the loss of elasticity in aging skin. Garlic Applied topically does wonders to the skin which is infected with fungal and bacterial infections and provides relief from skin disorders like eczema. It is one of an effective remedy for fungal infections like athlete’s foot and ringworms. Garlic is no less powerful ingredient for your thinning hairs. Rubbing crushed garlic extract or juice on the scalp or massaging with garlic-infused oil helps to prevent and even reverse hair loss.
One can use garlic against stubborn splinters. Place a piece of cut garlic clove over the splinter cut and covers with a bandage and say bye-bye to splinters
- It helps to reduce oxidative stress due to its antioxidant properties.
- It minimizes bone loss by balancing estrogen levels in females
- It helps to improve libido and enhance sexual desire. It resolves premature ejaculation
- It helps in relieving insulin in the body. Maintain healthy blood sugar levels
- Rasona oil is good to suppress the pain in the ear
- It is good in Alzheimer’s and dementia disorders
CAC garlic capsules:
CAC Garlic Capsules are herbal and purely Ayurvedic formulation. It is used in diseases related to heart and blood systems. In foods and beverages, fresh garlic, garlic powder, and garlic oil are used to add flavor. It balances all the three doshas of the body i.e. Vata, Pitta, Kapha and maintains a healthy balance of these doshas. It is very effective for high cholesterol, diabetes, and high lipid levels. It is an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and immunomodulator.
Garlic (Allium sativum) – 500mg
USES OF GARLIC CAPSULES
- High blood pressure
- Prostate cancer
- High cholesterol
- Prevent tick bites
- Common cold
DOSAGE: 1-2 Capsules twice a day with plain water after meals.
- Chandigarh Ayurved Centre products are 100% safe and natural. MADE IN INDIA.
- This product is formulated under the guidance of the MD Ayurveda expert.
- Natural and herbal products for overall health.
- Free from preservatives and chemicals.
- 125 years of serving mankind through Ayurveda.