Dengue Fever and its Ayurvedic Treatment
What is Dengue Fever?
Dengue is a mosquito-borne viral disease that is spread to people through the bite of an infected Aedes species female mosquito and is also a vector of chikungunya, yellow fever, and Zika viruses. Dengue is widespread common in more than 100 countries (tropical and subtropical areas) around the world, with local variations in risk influenced by rainfall, temperature, and unplanned rapid urbanization. In mild dengue fever, symptoms are high fever, rash, and muscle and joint pain. Its severe form is called dengue hemorrhagic fever in which there will be severe bleeding, a sudden drop in blood pressure (shock), and death.
This fever is also known as breakbone fever because it can lead to a severe flu-like illness. It is caused by four different types of viruses and spread by Aedes mosquitoes.
What are the causes of Dengue Fever?
Dengue fever is caused by any one of four types of dengue viruses and spread by mosquitoes. The virus is transmitted from a mosquito to a human when a mosquito bites a person infected with a dengue virus. The virus enters the mosquito and then the mosquito bites someone else.
What are the symptoms of Dengue Fever?
Symptoms of Dengue fever begins from about four to seven days after the infection starts and generally last for about 10 days. In most cases, symptoms will be mild and can be mistaken with symptoms of the flu or another infection. Young children may experience no signs or symptoms during a mild case of dengue fever illness than adults.
- Sudden high fever (104 degrees F)
- Severe headache
- Pain behind the eyes
- Severe joint and muscle pain
- Skin rashes (appears two to five days after the onset of fever)
- Mild bleeding from the nose, gums, or easy bruising)
- Swollen glands
In severe cases, symptoms worsen and can become life-threatening. Symptoms of dengue hemorrhagic fever or severe dengue fever include:
- Severe abdominal pain
- Persistent vomiting
- Bleeding from your gums or nose
- Bloody urine, stools or vomit
- Bleeding under the skin
- Difficulty in breathing
- Cold or clammy skin
- Irritability or restlessness
- High fever (up to 106 degrees F)
- Febrile convulsions
What is the Panchakarma Treatment for Dengue Fever?
Chandigarh Ayurved Centre is providing only Ayurvedic treatment for dengue fever that is mentioned below. There is no need for Panchakarma procedures because only medicines will act in a better way.
What is the Ayurvedic Treatment for Dengue Fever?
Chandigarh Ayurved Centre is providing you the ‘’Dengue Fever Kit’’, made up of purely Ayurvedic medicines which naturally boosts up the immune system of an individual and prevents them from Dengue. Its regular use will give you the best results with no side effects. This kit contains 4 products named as- Detox Premium Powder, Giloy Capsules, Amrit Tulsi Ras, and Liver Care Syrup.
Products in detail:
1. Detox Premium Powder:
Detox Premium Powder contains all the Ayurvedic herbal ingredients like parwal pishti, jahar mohra pishti, kamdudha ras, shankh bhasma, shukta pishti, moti bhasam, kehrva pishti, giloy satv, etc. which strengthen the immune system and prevents the body from the complications of dengue fever. It eliminates Ama dosha and improves the digestion. This herbal powder also reduces burning sensation in the hands, feet, and body.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 sachet twice a day with normal water.
2. Giloy Capsules:
As the name suggested “Giloy” is the main herb used in the formulation of this medicine. It is a potent immuno-modulator herb that improves immunity and prevents the body from common infections. These tablets also reduce Kapha dosha and detoxify the Pitta dosha in the body. It also treats general weakness, recurrent infections, periodic fever syndrome, etc.
Recommended Dosage: Take 2 tablets twice a day with normal water.
3. Amrit Tulsi Ras:
Amrit Tulsi Ras is prepared from five types of Tulsi named- Rama Tulsi (Ocimum gratissimum), Nimba Tulsi (Ocimum citriodorum) Shama Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum), Kapoor Tulsi (Ocimum canum), and Shwet Tulsi (Ocimum basilicum). Being immunomodulatory, it boosts up the immune system and that provides good results in all allergic reactions.
Recommended Dosage: Take two to three drops twice daily.
4. Liver care Syrup:
Liver Care syrup balances the Pitta dosha and enhances the regeneration of liver cells and promotes its functioning. The ingredients present in it are Bhumi amla (Phyllanthus niruri), Kalmegh (Andrographis paniculata), Giloy(Tinopora Cordifolia), Imli Kshar( Tamarindus indica), Yavakshar (Hordeum vulgare), Kutaki(Picrorhiza kurroa), Mukta Shukta pisti, etc. These ingredients are Antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and Hepato-protective in nature. It improves digestion, enhances appetite, and treats other symptoms related to dengue fever.
Recommended Dosage: Take 2 teaspoonful twice daily.
Here are some of the effective healthy tips:
- Eat papaya fruit and also drink its juice prepared from the extract of papaya leaves.
- Drink pomegranate juice and eat its fruit also.
- Include spinach in your daily diet as it increases the platelet level count.
- Drink green coconut water daily for energy.
- Drink broccoli soup as it is a good vegetable that regenerates the blood platelets count. You can also eat it in raw form.
- Include fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet like green peas, broccoli, brinjal, cabbage, tomatoes, carrot, papaya, green leafy vegetables, grapes, pomegranate, apple, watermelon, guava in daily routine.
- Also include carbohydrates & whole pulses in your daily diet such as whole wheat, whole grain oats, brown rice, ragi, jowar, yellow and pink lentils, horse gram, chickpeas, etc.
- Avoid meat, chicken, fish, etc but you can eat two boiled eggs-only white parts.
- Do proper rest
- Do pranayama like anulom vilom, kapalbhati pranayam, nadi shodhan pranayam, and yogas like sarvangasana, Matsyasana.
- Drink goat milk daily as it increases the platelet count.
- Avoid eating fried & processed food products.