Diabetes mellitus is a metabolic disorder that affects your body’s ability to produce or use insulin. Insulin is a hormone produced by the Pancreas, which regulates metabolism (the process that turns the food you eat into energy) and helps to control your body’s blood sugar level. Your pancreas makes insulin and releases it into your bloodstream. Insulin helps your body use sugar for the energy it needs, and then store the rest.
Signs and Symptoms
The signs & symptoms associated with Diabetes are as follows-
- Polyuria or Frequent urination
- Polydipsia or Disproportionate thirst
- Polyphagia or Excessive hunger
- Irritability and Increased fatigue
- Weight gain or unusual weight loss
- Sexual dysfunction
- Blurred vision
- Non – healing wound and bruises
What are the Causes of Diabetes Mellitus?
- Intake of food which is difficult to digest in excess amount (fried foods, junk food, pizza, pasta, processed food items etc.)
- Mental stress and strain
- Hereditary factor or Family history of Diabetes
- Sedentary Lifestyle
- Lack of exercise
- Excessive sleep
- Intake of sugar and refined carbohydrates in excess
Types of Diabetes Mellitus
There are three main types of Diabetis Mellitus-
- Type 1 diabetes – This type was previously known as “IDDM” or ‘’insulin – dependent diabetes mellitus or ‘’juvenile diabetes’’.
It is a chronic condition in which pancreas produce little or no insulin.
- Type 2 diabetes – It was previously known as “NIDDM” or “Non Insulin dependent diabetes mellitus’’
It is the condition that affects the way body processes blood sugar.
In this type body fails to respond insulin properly or begins with insulin resistance, a condition in which cells fail to respond to insulin properly.
- Gestational diabetes – It is a form of high blood sugar affecting the pregnant women. If it is left untreated, can cause problems for your baby, like premature birth and stillbirth. The woman is at higher risk of developing type-2 diabetes later in life.
Risk Factors of Diabetes Mellitus
- Hereditary Factor- You may signal an increased risk if your parent or sibling is having Diabetis.
- Weight- The more fatty tissue you have the more resistant your cells become to insulin.
- Sedentary lifestyle – Inactive lifestyle causes various metabolic issues and may be the risk factor to develop diabetis.
- Diseases of pancreas
- Infection or illness
- Impaired glucose tolerance
- Ethnic background
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Age- Increased chances of getting Diabetis as you get older. But Type 2 diabetis is also increasing among the children and Younger adults.
- Hypertension – High blood pressure(B.P > 140/90 mm of Hg)
Ayurveda view on Diabetes Mellitus
By looking at the Ayurveda perspective, it is having similarity with ‘’Madhumeha’’. It is described in Ancient texts that a person passes honey-like (or sweet) urine.
Out of the 20 types of Prameha or Urological disorder it is one of them.
The main causes are- Excessive use of Guru or heavy to digest, Snigdha or unctuous food, Amla or sour, Navaannapaana or food prepared from newly harvested grains, Asya sukha or inactive lifestyle etc.
These Factors causes aggravation of kapha dosha and lead to vitiation of kapha primarily, associated with Pitta. It further creates an imbalance in the Srotas of the fatty tissues.
These imbalanced doshas move towards Medo dhatu or fatty tissues, affect fat metabolism, lead to a further imbalance of kleda or fluid. Hence, all kleda or fluid moves towards the urinary system, therefore will be increased production of urine and leading to excess urination, gradually leading to Prameha.
AYURVEDA TREATMENT FOR DIABETIS MELLITUS
There are many questions in the mind of people, Can ayurveda cure diabetes permanently? Which is the best Ayurvedic medicine for diabetics?
Your Search is now over
“Get treated right here and Right Now”
Get consulted with the Best doctor for diabetes problems-
VAIDYA JAGJIT SINGH and VAIDYA KARANVIR SINGH
We provide the best treatment for Diabetes Mellitus based on the self experience and the knowledge of the Ancestors with the trust of more than 120 years.
CAC SPECIAL MEDICATION FOR DIABETIS
CAC provides the Best ayurvedic medicine for diabetes
1. Vasant Kusumakar Rasa-
It is an ayurvedic herbal mineral medicine used as anti-hyperglycaemic, aphrodisiac and cardioprotective agent. It contains natural ingredients such as Praval Pishti, Ras Sindoor, Mukta Pishti, Abhrak Bhasma, Swarna Bhasma, Raupya Bhasma, Loha Bhasma, Naga Bhasma, Vanga Bhasma, Vasaka (Adhatoda Vasica), Haldi (Curcuma Longa), Ikshu (Saccharum Officinarum), Shatavari (Asparagus Racemosa). It is beneficial for diabetes mellitus in which it is effective for normalizing and stabilizing the blood glucose level. It provides effective result in urinary disorders, nervous disorders, and in geriatric diseases.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 tablet twice a day with normal water.
2. Ashwagandha Tablet-
These tablets are pure Ayurvedic preparation which contains pure extract of Ashwagandha. Ashwagandha is used for arthritis, anxiety, bipolar disorder, insomnia, tumors, tuberculosis, asthma, leukoderma, bronchitis, backache, fibromyalgia, menstrual problems, and chronic liver disease. Ashwagandha shows antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-diabetic, anti-cancer, anti-stress properties. It also regulates sugar metabolism and cholesterol.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 tablet twice a day with normal water.
3. Diabo care tablet-
These tablets are pure Ayurvedic formulation. It contains herbal ingredients such as Karela, Jamun, Ashwagandgha, Gurmur, Shuddha Shilajeet, Neem, Dalchini. It Maintains overall health and wellbeing, best for the liver detoxification and controls high blood pressure. It maintains the blood sugar level. Jamun is well known to be effective in the treatment of Diabetes, thus it reduces the level of glycosuria. It contains Polypeptide-p which has shown to control diabetes naturally.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 tablet twice daily.
4. Diabo Care Kadha-
This kadha is based on ancient Ayurvedic Science which includes ingredient like Dalchini (Cinnamomum zeylanicum), Methi dana (Trigonella foenum- graecum), Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), Haldi (Curcuma longa), etc. Diabo kadha increases the uptake of glucose by the cells, regenerate lipid mechanism, preventing micro-vascular damage and diabetic retinopathy. It also helps in the burning of palms and soles, wounds that take time to heal, skin infections, unexplained extreme fatigue, etc.
Recommended Dosage: Take 20 ml twice a day with normal water.
Best Panchakarma Treatment for Diabetes Patient
In Ayurveda, Panchakarma procedures purify and detox the body in a natural way. Panchakarma like Abhyanga, Swedan, Basti and Virechana are beneficial in the treatment of Diabetes Mellitus. Chandigarh Ayurved Centre provides you the best therapies which cure Diabetes from its root and maintain the work of the pancreas.
- Abhyanga and Swedan Therapy for Diabetes – Patients having diabetes involves a certain amount of stress. Thus stress tends to raise blood sugar levels. Abhyanga is useful in relieving the stress, even for pre–diabetic. It helps in relaxing the muscles and helps to improve the circulation which further causes increased glucose absorption and the amount of insulin required for impaired glucose levels also decreased.
- Swedan therapy opens the pores, flushes and cleanses the system through the skin and the toxins are excreted through sweat.
- Basti for Diabetes – Basti karma concentrates on the elimination of toxins of the body through the rectum. The treatment involves the introduction of Medicinal substances, such as medicated oil and decoctions in a liquid medium into the anal region of the patient by using a rubber catheter under the supervision of an expert ayurvedic doctor.
- Virechana for Diabetes – Virechana is a medicated purgation therapy that removes toxins from the body that are accumulated in the liver and gallbladder. Doshas are removed in the form of feces through the rectum. It completely cleanses the gastro intestinal tract.
Healthy Tips and Diet for Diabetes Mellitus Patients
- Yoga and Pranayama or exercise at least for 30minutes daily.
- Eat rich fibrous diet and avoid oily and spicy food items.
- Increase the use of barely, wheat, mudga, and roasted chana in the diet.
- Limit the use of potato, rice, milk, oily foods, and milk products.
- Avoid tobacco and alcohol consumption.
- Restrict the intake of sweet products.
- Intake of Nuts, as they are enriched with tocotrienols and hence eating them regularly can lower the rates of heart diseases caused by diabetes.
- Cinnamon helps in dropping the blood sugar level and reducing the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
- Garlic has the properties of lowering cholesterol and blood sugar level.
- Drinking water before eating. It helps in increasing the sensitivity to insulin and reducing the spike in blood sugar in those with pre-diabetes.
- Regular monitoring of blood glucose level and medical checkup –
- Eye examination annually.
- Foot examination twice in a year/daily by the patient.
- Glycosylated hemoglobin (HbA1c) test twice in a year.
- Do perform Yoga poses that are beneficial in diabetes mellitus such as- Ardha matsyendra asana, Tadasana, Gomukhasana, Dhanurasana, Vakrasana, Ushtrasana, etc.