- Take 5.5gm of kernel of mango seeds and cook it in 100gm of water. Mix another 5.5gm of kernel of mango seeds and blend the mixture to form a paste. Give this mixture with curd, three times a day. Recommended diet: rice and curd.
- Take one part of kernel, one part bel pupl, and one part sugar candy. Crush the mixture to form a paste. Give 3-6gm of this powder with water to cure diarrhea.
- Take equal quantities of kernel of mango seeds and mango pupl and mix well. Give 1gm of this mixture 2-3 times a day. It helps in curing diarrhea.
- Take 10-20gm of kernel and blend it with kanji to form a paste. Apply this paste on stomach. It is beneficial in curing diarrhea.
- Take the bark of mango tree and 40gm of barley. Crush the two and then boil in 500gm water till water is reduced to 1\8th of the original quantity. Let the solution cool. Mix a little honey and drink. It is helpful in diarrhea and especially in mucous colitis.
- Take young and fresh stem of mango plant. Blend it with curd to form paste. Apply this paste around the stomach area.
- Take 25ml of mango left extract, 12gm each of honey and milk and 6gm ghee. Mix them well and give to the patient. It helps in curing diarrhea with bleeding.
- Grind equal quantities of poppy and saffron and prepare tablets of 125mg each. Give these tablets with honey.
- Roast poppy and give this to the patient. It cures dysentery.
- Grind 4-9gm of its pod and give this to the patient. It cures diarrhea.
- In case of stomach cramps, stomachache, gastric problems and vomiting like ailments, 5-7 drops of Amritdhara given with sweet batasa is very beneficial.
- To cure diarrhea in children, take 15gm guava root and boil it in 150ml water. When the water is reduced to half, give 6ml of the solution to the patient, 2-3 times a day.
- Boil unripe guava and give boiled fruit to the patient. It curs diarrhea.
- Take the bark and fresh leaves of guava tree. Prepare its decoction. 20ml of this decoction when given to the patient cures early stages of cholera.
- Give 2-3gm powder of pomegranate fruit’s peel with water, every morning and evening. It is beneficial in curing diarrhea.
- Grind fresh pomegranate buds with cardamom seeds and mastangi. Add sugar to the mixture and prepare a paste. Give this to children. It cures diarrhea in children. It is also beneficial in dysentery.
- Grind pomegranate fruit along with the peel, and extract its juice. Give 30-50gm of this juice to the patient. This can also be given with sugar added to it. It controls vomiting due to pitta and is beneficial in curing itching, fatigue and tiredness.
1. Prepare decoction with equal of Gooseberry fruit, jasmine leaves, nagarmotha, and ywsasa. Give 1\4 part of it with jiggery to the patient. It helps cure all the infections in the body.
2. Give 2 -5 gm of Ankle’s roots powder two times a day. It causes sweating which immediately controls the body temperature becomes normal.
3. Take 10gm Tie bid root, 3gm each of koot and peepal, 6gm bebeda. Boil them all in 1litre water till water is reduced to 1\8th. Strain the solution and add sugar candy to it. Give this solution both morning and evening. It helps cure influenza or any other communicable illness.
4. Take 3gm powder of Tiebid root and mix with 2gm dry ginger powder and cook in rice water. Give this solution to the patient. It is beneficial in curing dengue fever and also in influenza.
5. During fever, heat Tiebid leaves and tie on the painful area.
6. Grind the Tiebid’s fruits in water and apply the paste on the body. It cures the burning sensation during fever.
7. Grind the Tiebid’s root in water and apply the paste on the body. It cures the pain during fever.
8. Give 1-10gm Indian Atis powder, 4-5 times a day with warm water. It causes sweating which cures the fever and also cleanses urine.
9. Take equal quantities of Indian Atis powder, vaya bading powder. Mix the two and give 1gm of this mixture with honey to children. It kills the worms in children.
10. Before the recurrence of fever, give 2gm of Indian Atis powder orally at an interval of 2hour. It helps control the temperature.
11. Give 2gm Indian Atis powder with chebulic Myrobalan jam (murabba). It cures bleeding diarrhoea.
12. Give 625mg Indian Atis powder orally. It controls the body heat due to fever.
13. To control fever, give 625mg Indian Atis powder with 200mg green kasis.
14. To get rid of malarial high fever, take 1gm Indian Atis powder with 75mg quinine. Give this quantity 2-3 times a day.
15. In case of normal fever, take 1part Indian Atis powder and 2 part sugar candy. Mix them and in case of adults, give 1gm of this mixture and in case of children give 500mg of this mixture with honey or squash of banafsa, every morning and evening.
16. Take 10gm each of Persian lilac bark and dhamasa, and 10 seeds of kasami. Grind them solid and then soak in 50 – 100 ml water. After some time, crush the mixture and strain it. Give this to the patient before the patient starts shivering due to cold.
17. Grind soft leaves and 1\4th the amount black peppers. Prepare tablets of this paste and give 2 tablets to the patient twice a day. It cures malaria fever and also frequently occurring fever.
18. Take equal quantities of jasmine leaves, Indian Gooseberry, nagarmotha, and jawasa and prepare the decoction. Mix jiggery in its decoction and give 30ml of it to the patient, twice a day. It helps cure the fever and patient is relieved of all the disorders.
- Jasmine oil is a magical and most effective medicine for curing skin problems. It can be applied to cure any type of wound, eczema, itching, burns, pain and wound which do not heal fast.
- Apply jasmine paste of 8- 10 flowers to cure any type of skin problem and blood disorders. It brings immediate relief.
- Apply paste of honey and cinnamon on the affected area. Within a few days, the itching, eczema, and boils like disorders of skin get cured.
- Boil 20gm arand root in 400 ml water till only 100ml water is till left. Give this to the patient. It is beneficial in curing all types of skin problems.
- Grind Gokharu seed’s kernel in water and apply on the affected area.
- Grind the Gorakhmundi leaves in water and apply the paste or apply the juice of leaves on the affected part. It cures many types of skin problems, boils of syphilis and old wounds.
- In case of itching, eczema, boils, blood and other skin problems. Mix 2 – 5gm turmeric powder in cow’s urine and give it 2 – 3 times a day to the patient. Mix the turmeric powder in butter and apply on the affected area. Give 5 gm turmeric with 2gm sugar every morning and evening to the patient.
- Skin itching take 40gm cumin seeds and mix with 20gm vermillion. Cook them in 320 gm mustard oil. Apply this oil on the affected area. It cures the itching of skin.
- Skin problem boil decoction of root of white oleander with sesame oil and apply on the affected area.
- Skin disorders apply sarphonka seed oil on the affected area. It is beneficial in itching and other incurable skin disorders.
- Skin disorders cook root of white hogweed in oil and then massage the legs with this oil. It cures skin disorders.
- Skin disorders give its soft new leaves to eat. It cures itching and all other types of skin disorders. Its 40 ml decoction can also be given to treat the skin disorders.
1. Take Guava fruit: remove all the seeds in it. Chop the fruit into fine pieces, add sugar from a paste. Sauce on low heat. This paste is very beneficial for heart. It also cures constipation.
2. Take 10gm pomegranate (anar) leaves and grind them with 100gm ml water. Strain the solution and give to the patient every morning and evening. It maintaining the heart beat.
3. Give 6gm powder of shade dried pomegranate leaves with fresh water to the patient. It cures eczema, blood related disorder like psoriasis. It also cures stabilizes heartbeat.
4. Take 20gm wheat flour and roast it in 30gm ghee. When it turns pink, add 3 gm powder of Arjuna bark and 40gm sugar candy and 100gm boiling water in it and cook the mixture. When the mixture thickens, take it off the fire. Give this to the patient every morning and evening. Its regular intake cures heart pain, increased heartbeat and other heart disorders.
5. In case of heart weakness and in swelling of heart cook 6-12gm powder of arjun bark with jiggery and milk. Strain the milk and give this to the patient .it prevents water of blood lymph from getting into the blood vessels and thus prevents swelling which in turn cures the fatigueness and weakness of heart.
6. In case of fatigue of heart fast heartbeat swelling of heart enlargement and all other heart disorders. Arjun is very beneficial.
7. After heart attack give 50 ml of arjun decoction every morning and evening. It is an effective heart or cardiac tonic.
8. For complete benefit prepare the decoction in milk. It cures disorders like increased heartbeat angina pain and anxiety.
9. In case of heart diseases impact of cloth sieved powder of its bark is much more effective than an injection. Keep Arjun powder on the tongue and suck. It gives immediate relief. Its effect is similar to that of sorbitrate tablet. In case of fast heartbeat and high pulse rate keep its powder on the tongue of the patient. It immediately provides strength to the pulse. The effect of this medicine is permanent and does not cause any negative effect. It is much more effective than allopathic medicine like digitalis.
10. Arjuna is beneficial in high blood pressure. In case of swelling of heart due to high blood pressure, this medicine cures even this swelling.
11. Take equal quantities of long pepper root and green cardamom. Grind them into fine powder. Give 3gm of this powder with ghee every morning and evening. It cures constipation and heart disorders.
12. Mix equal quantities of long pepper powder and powder of bark of root of lemon. Give 3gm of this mixture with decoction of Arjuna, on empty stomach in the morning. It cures heart pain and other incurable heart disorders.
13. Give 1gm long pepper powder every morning with honey. It controls the cholesterol levels and cures weakness of heart.
1. Burn the peel of babul and almonds and brush with it. It cures tooth problems.
2. Use the soft branches of babul and neem tree to brush the teeth.
3. Take equal quantities of dry babul bark, flowers, leaves and pods. Grind them all and use the powder to brush the teeth.
4. Use the decoction of babul bark to gargle. It cures the infection of teeth.
5. Take 50gm powder of bark of neem root, 50 gm swarna gairika and 10gm rock salt. Mix them well and give it 3 triturating of juice of margosa leaves. Dry the powder and store it in a bottle. Use this powder to brush the teeth. It cures bleeding from gums, pus formation in gums, stomatitis, foul smell from mouth, and anxiety etc disorders.
6. Course grinds 100gm of neem root and boils it half liter water till water is reduced to 1\4. Give this decoction to the patient to use it for gargles. It cures multiple disorder of teeth.
7. All Below given herbs should be taken in mentioned quantities and made to a very fine powder.
|Bark of babul||50gms|
|Lavanga or clove||10gm|
Cures danta roga, danta krmi, pyorrhea, etc. by root.
8. Gargle with tinpatia (changeri) leaves juice. It cures all kinds of gum problems.
10. Chew tinpatia (changeri) 2-3 leaves like betel leaf. It cures the foul smell.
11. Use tinpatia dried leaves to brush the teeth.
12. Til is beneficial for teeth. Chew 25gm sesame seeds regularly. It makes the teeth stronger.
13. Keep sesame seeds in mouth for 5 – 10 minutes and then spit out. It cures pyorrhea and also make the teeth strong.
Botnical Nane: – Vitis vinifera
Family Name: – Vitaceae
Sanskrit Name: – Draksha, Harahura
Hindi: – Munakka, Angur, Dakh, Kishmish
Grapes vine is a popular fruit of a perennial creeper. It is one of the best fruits without any harmful effects. It can be used by anyone be it a patient, healthy person, children or adults. There are several varieties of grapes like, black grapes, small grapes, long grapes, violent grapes. Black grapes are dried and make munakka.
Ripe Fruit: – It is a purgative, cool, beneficial for eyes and nutritious. Its juice is sweet and good for voice. Its helps clean urine and stool. It helps cure thirst, fever, breathing problems and asthma.
MEDICINAL USAGE & HEALTH BENEFITS
FAINTNESS AND UNCONSCIOUSNESS:-
Take equal quantities of grapes and Indian gooseberry, boil and crush them. Mix shunthi churna in it. Give a little amount with honey to the patient.
Take 20gm munakka 10ml each of sugar candy, pomegranate bark and khus- khus. Grind all solid and soak them in 400gm water overnight. Next morning strain the solution and divide into three parts. Give each part to the patient in a day.
Take 7- 9gm munakka. 7gm sugar candy and 7gm liquorice. Grind them all. Give inhalation of this powder to the patient. It cures headache due to pitta and any other disorder.
MOUTH PROBLEMS: –
Take 7gm pieces of munakka, 2-3gm jamun leaves. Prepare the decoction and use it to gargle. It cures any aliment in the mouth.
NASAL BLEEDING: –
Give inhalation of 2drops of grapes juice. It immediately controls bleeding from nose.
FOUL SMELL FROM MOUTH:-
In case of foul smell from mouth due to cough or indigestion, give 4-8gm munakka end every day. It may not control foul smell due to worms in stomach.
Take 5gm each of munakka and roasted paddy and soak them in water for 1 hour. After one hour, crush them and strain the solution. Mix 3-3gm each of sugar, honey and ghee in the strained solution and give the patient to lick.
COUGH, BRETHING PROBLEMS: –
Prepare decoction of 7-9 munakka pieces and Haritaki. In c 30-50 gm of decoction, add 20-25 gm sugar and 1 teaspoon full honey. Give this to patient.
Take equal quantities of grapes, Indian gooseberry, dates, and black pepper. Grind them all give this paste to the patient.
Prepare paste of ghee, dates, sugar candy honey and long pepper and give to the patient. It helps cure voice hoarseness, cold and fever.
Take 5 pieces of munakka 20pieces of long pepper and 40gm sugar and 1gm catechu. Mix them all and give to the patient with honey, daily.
In case of pain in heart, take 2part munakka’s pulp, 1part honey 1\2 part cloves. Mix them all and give to the patient for a few days.
Take 5 -10 munakka pieces. Clean them and remove the seeds and boil them in 100gm milk. Give this boiled milk to the patient.
Take 15-20 munakka pieces, 4 pieces of big, 2gm each of aniseed, sanaya, pulp of amaltas and rose flowers. Prepare decoction of all these together and give the decoction to the patient in the morning with 5gm jam of rose petals.
Prepare decoction of grapes and Malabar nut. Give 30-50 mg of this decoction to the patient. It cures liver pain due to pitta kapha.
Take 7 gm munakka and 3gm of aniseed. Soak them 50ml of water. In the morning crush this mixture strain it and drink.
Take branch of black grape plant and burn it to ashes. Take 5gm of this ash and mix it in water, give this solution to the patient twice a day.
In spring, the branches of grape plant produce a liquid which is very beneficial in curing skin problems.
POISON OF DHATURA: –
Give 5gm grape vinegar with 50ml milk, repeatedly.
POISON OF ARSENIC SULPHIDE: –
Let the patient vomit and then give 5-10 gm kishmish cooked in 150ml milk.
It is a common & distressing condition which is characterized by recurrent attacks of spasms of the tubes of the lungs resetting in wheezing, coughing & a sense of suffocation.
SYMPTOMS OF ASTHMA
- Difficulty in breathing
- Chest tightness,
- Mental Confusion,
- Rapid pulse
CAUSES OF ASTHMA
- Airway constriction
- Asthma triggers such as:
- Pollen, Dust mites, cockroaches
- Mold, Pet hair or dodder
- Charges in weather (cold air)
- Tobacco smoke
- Stress & strong emotions
(Like jealousy, anger, hatred etc.)
- Unhealthy diet & life style.
NATURAL TREATMENT FOR ASTHMA
Herbs & Supplements:-
- Haritaki Bala,
- Kaishore guggulu,
Mind & Body approach:-
- Nadi Shodhna (Anuloma viloma)
- Shashanka Aasna
- Bhujang Aasna
- Dhanur Aasna
- Gomukh Aasna
- Surya Namaskara plays an important role.
- Yoga Nidra
DIET (DO’S & DON’TS)
- Plenty of fresh foods.
- Lightly cooked vegetables
- Whole meal grains, Pulses
- Pepper, garlic & ginger (Especially in cold months)
- Meat, Egg, Rice, Sweets
- Dairy products
- Refined flower products
- Junk Food, Soft drinks
- Heavy oily & fried foods
- Chemically treated, processed, flavored & preserved foods.
Avoid triggers & allegers
Click Here to consult Vaidya Jagjit Singh
It is an abnormal condition of the reproductive organs of women in which there is white discharge from the genitals.
SYMPTOMS OF LEUCORRHOEA
- Frequent headache
- Intense irritation
- Black patches under the eyes
- Burning sensation in palms & soles
- Foul smell
CAUSES OF LEUCORRHOEA
- Fungal infections
- Parasitic infections
- Bacterial infections
- Unhygienic conditions
- Sexually transmitted diseases.
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Lack of sleep
- Low immunity
NATURAL TREATMENT OF LEUCORRHOEA
HERBS & SUPPLEMENTS
MIND & BODY APPROACH:-
- Nadi Shodhna
- Surya Namaskara
- Vajra Aasna
- Shashanka Aasna
- Ushtra Aasna
- Sarvanga Aasna
- Dhanura Aasna
- Yoga Nidra
|Light diet||Mustard oil|
|Nutritious diet||Citrus fruits|
|Green & fresh vegetables & fruits||Deep fried foods|
|Bitter gourd||Fatty foods|
Click Here to consult Vaidya Jagjit Singh
Hypertension is a condition in which the blood pressure is higher than 140mm Hg systolic (upper) or 90mm Hg diastolic (lower) [120mm Hg systolic & 80mm Hg diastolic is normal value]. On three separate readings recorded several weeks apart. Blood pressure is the lateral pressure exerted by blood on the vessel walls while flowing through it.
TYPES OF HYPERTENSION
1. Primary or Essential Hypertension:-
Cause of increase in Blood pressure is unknown.
2. Secondary Hypertension:-
Caused by disease of the kidney, Endocrines or some other organs.
SYMPTOMS OF HYPERTENSION
- Dizzy spells
- Shortness of breath
- Nose bleeds
- Sensitivity to light
- High cholesterol
- Red eyes.
CAUSES OF HYPERTENSION
- Obesity, Kidney disease,
- Excess alcohol consumption,
- Use of certain drugs e.g. cocain, steroids
- Arteriosclerosis (Thickening of the walls of the arterioles, with loss of elasticity & contractibility)
- Fatty deposition inside arteries.
- Hormonal disorders, Heart defects, Sleep apnea, Pregnancy.
NATURAL TREATMENT OF HYPERTENSION
Herbs & Supplements:-
- Arjuna (Chaal)
Mind & Body Approach:-
- Anuloma viloma (slow)
- Kapal bhati (slow)
- Yoga Nidra
Diet (Do’s & Don’ts)
|Lemon, Garlic||Common salt|
|Juice of raw cabbage||Soft drinks|
|Milk, Eggs & all fruits||Meat|
|Leaves & Juice of Reddish||Fish|
|Frozen food (e.g. custards, Ice-creams, jelly, cold water)|
- Healthy diet, Manage diet
- Eat fruits, vegetables
- Fat free or low fat milk & dietary products.
- Regular Exercise.
Click Here to consult Vaidya Jagjit Singh
Here is the amazing Panchakarma Therapy, udvartana for excess weight. It is the special therapeutic deep tissue massage below the neck with oil and herbal powder in a direction opposite to the direction of hair on the body is termed as Udwarthanam massage. The powder is rubbed forcibly. Udwarthanam is generally known as Ayurvedic body scrub detailing the particular use of an herbal paste called lepam, which is prepared from dried herbal powders, beans, milk and a species of healing oils. (Another fewer common course is through the implementation of steam).
HERBS USED IN UDVARTANA
Triphala is the powder commonly used in this treatment. It is a blend of excellent nerve stimulating agents such as myrobalan, belerica and gooseberry. Other commonly used herbs are the roots Cestus, deodar, Senna, horse gram, Phyllanthus and mustard. Horse gram and mustard, which is considered hot in nature which are very good nerve stimulator.
The warmed herbal powder is massaged in the opposite direction to hair follicles. The procedure is performed in seven postures. If the skin is over sensitive, olive oil or sesame oil is mixed with the herbal powder. Allow the patient to rest. After 15 to 20 minutes gap of rest, bath by luke warm water is taken. A little bit moisturizing of the skin is done after bath.
It is done for 45 minutes to one hour.
This treatment is good for diseases such as diabetic neuropathy, paralysis, obesity, skin care, sciatica, indigestion and sclerosis of blood vessels. The massage activates the nerves and increases blood flow to the affected body part. Udvarthanam massage is also important to preserve health. As massage stimulates blood flow activates, revitalizes and restores the body, thus preserving their strength, skin texture, and natural elasticity. It is known to be effective at certain skin diseases. The reduction of fat is an important benefit in cases of obesity. For those who want to eliminate fat and cellulite from the dead, it is advisable to monitor Udwarthanam with herbal steam, Dhara Takara and internal medicine.
- Reduces the accumulated sub cutaneous fats. It removes cellulites and thus help in weight reduction. Removes Kapha toxins from the body.
- Exfoliates dead cells, softens the skin. It leads to a sense of a lightness in the body.
- Detoxification and purification. It imparts mobility to the joints. Prevents untimely drowsing.
- Increase the blood circulation opens up the body channels. It enhances and facilitates and the metabolic activity of the skin complexion. Cures itching sensation.
- Strengthens and tone up the muscles. Toning the skin and muscles after child delivery or weight loss.
- It reduces the blood cholesterol, stimulates the skin. Revitalizes the sense of touch.
DISEASES IN WHICH UDHWARTANA IS INDICATED
- Motor neuron disorders
- Parkinson’s disease
- Muscular dystrophy
- Multiple sclerosis
- Hemiplagia, cerebral palasy
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Obesity, diabetes Very effective in Atisthoulya (Obesity), weight reduction, Srothorodhas (closures/constriction of the vital body channels) and Oedema due to improper blood supply (hypothyroidism and anemia).
- Wounds, cuts, burns
- Psoriasis, eczema
- Pregnancy, children under the age of 10.