Bronchial asthma is a disorder that causes the aviation routeway of the lungs to expand and limit. Because of this growth, the airway creates an abundance of bodily fluid making it difficult to inhale, which brings about hacking, short breath, and wheezing. The infection is ongoing and meddles with day-by-day working. The sickness is treatable and inhalers help defeat asthma assaults. Bronchial Asthma can influence any age or sexual orientation and relies on ecological and inherited factors on the loose.
In Ayurveda, Bronchial Asthma is also called Tamak Shwasa. Tamaka Shwasa is a wide term that incorporates a lot more sicknesses where dyspnoea is the prevalent symptom. Yet at the same time, we can correspond Bronchial Asthma to Tamaka Shwasa.
Causative Factors of Asthma
- Viral Infection like cold and influenza, or pneumonia,
- Air Pollution, smoke, exhaust from vehicles, etc.
- Stress and anxiety.
- Physical movement or exercise prompted asthma.
- Medications like anti-inflammatory medicine, Ibuprofen, beta-blockers, etc.
- Acid reflux or gastroesophageal reflux illness (GERD).
- Perfumes and fragrances.
- Weather, particularly outrageous changes in temperature.
- Food added substances.
Samprapti (Pathogenesis) of Tamak Shwasa
Sign & Symptoms of Asthma
Asthma signs change starting with one individual then onto the next. You may have uncommon asthma attacks, have side effects exactly at explicit.
Asthma Signs and Indications Include:
- Chest coziness or torture
- Wheezing while at the same time breathing out, which is a normal sign of asthma in young people
- Inconvenience snoozing achieved by shortness of breath, hacking or wheezing
- Hacking or wheezing attacks that are crumbled by a respiratory disease, similar to a cold or occasional flu
Signs that Your Asthma is in All Likelihood Crumbling Include:
- Asthma signs and indications that are more consistent and bothersome
- Expanding inconvenience breathing, as assessed with a contraption used to check how well your lungs are working (top stream meter)
- The need to use a quick assistance inhaler even more consistently
For Certain People Groups, Asthma Signs and Side Effects Emit in Explicit Conditions:
- Exercise-incited asthma, which may be all the more dreadful when the air is cold and dry
- Word related asthma, set off by workplace aggravations like compound exhaust, gases or buildup
- Sensitivity provoked asthma, set off by means of airborne substances, similar to clean, structure spores, cockroach waste, or particles of skin and dried spit shed by pets (pet dander)
Complications of Bronchial Asthma
- Intense serious asthma
- Repetitive bronchitis and pneumonia (from irresistible)
- Atelectasis (breakdown) of lung or bronchiectasis (from mucous fittings)
- Pneumothorax (unconstrained) Ongoing Cor Pulmonale and Respiratory Disappointment (in late-stage)
Management of Tamak Shwasa
The first line of treatment is to stay away from the causative elements. On the off chance that the encouraging or inclining factors are not stayed away from, the Doshas associated with the pathogenesis will additionally be disturbed and the visualization will be more awful. In the treatment of Tamak Shwasa (Bronchial Asthma) aversion of causative factors or setting off factors play a very significant job.
Samshaman and Samshodhana Chikitsa
The line of treatment dependent on these treatments depicted by Acharya Charaka can be partitioned as:
- Samanya Chikitsa Krama (General standards of treatment)
- Vishisht Chikitsa Krama (Specific treatment)
1) Samanya Chikitsa Krama (General standards of treatment)
Charak referenced the treatment of tamak Shvasa according to Doshic status.
- Vata-kaphanashak chikitsa
- Vata Karak and kaphanashak chikitsa
- Kaphakarak and vatanashak chikitsa
At the point when Vata and Kapha are similarly vitiated then Vata Kaphanashaka Chikitsa is helpful. At the point when Kapha causing obstacle of Vayu then Kaphnashak and Vatakarak
Chikitsa is helpful out of all these “Anilapaham” Chikitsa is viewed as an unrivaled one. Brihan Chikitsa has been shown in Shwasa Roga.
2) Vishisht Chikitsa Krama (Specific treatment)
As indicated by the transcendence of Dosha the patient of Shwasa can be isolated into two gatherings:
- Vata prevalent
- Kapha prevalent
As indicated by the body fabricated the patient of Shwasa can be isolated into two gatherings:
- Balvana (with great body assembled)
- Durbala (with helpless body assembled)
- Dahkarma (Cauterization)