A blemish is any type of mark, spot, discoloration that appears on the skin. Blemishes on the face may be due to unsightly and emotionally upsetting. Blemishes most are benign and not life-threatening in nature. Some blemishes in the skin can give the signal of skin cancer. Medical treatment or using home remedies may help to reduce the appearance of blemishes.
CAUSES OF CAUSES OF BLEMISHES
Some blemishes, like cold sores, are caused by viruses such as HSV-1. The varicella-zoster virus (VZV) causes chickenpox in humans.
- Infections – Certain types of skin infections can cause blemishes on the skin. These include Malassezia folliculitis (fungal acne), which is an infection of hair follicles. This condition is caused by an overgrowth of yeast and causes pustules to form.
- Genetics – Acne may have genetically occurred. Certain hereditary conditions may also cause blemishes to occur. These include:
- Darier disease – Warlike blemishes form in the skin that is smelly, oily, and hard to the touch.
- Adult type 3 GM1 gangliosidosis – This is a rare hereditary condition that causes noncancerous blemishes in the skin to form on the lower torso.
- Fabry disease – This is an inherited disorder that involves gene mutation in the body.
- Sun exposure – Overexposure to the sun, the harmful ultraviolet (UV) A and B rays can cause skin cancer, hyperpigmentation, and cause other forms of skin damage.
- Clogged pores – Overproduction of oil by the sebaceous glands can cause blemishes. Hormonal changes also trigger this overproduction of glands, in puberty. Excess oil can mix with dead skin cells, dirt, or bacteria. This results in pimples, pustules, blackheads, and whiteheads forming. Skin pores can become clogged from products, such as makeup, sunscreen, and moisturizers. Hairstyling products can also clog your pores if they get onto your face. Environmental toxins, such as dirt, car exhaust, and pollution, can settle down on your skin, mingled with oil, and clog pores.
- Diet – Food allergies and contact dermatitis both can cause skin irritation and bumps. Dairy products, like skim milk, may cause acne Trusted Source in some people. Diets rich in sugar and simple carbohydrates may also lead to blemishes.
- Medications – Some prescribed medicines may cause acne as a side effect. These include:
- Androgenic steroids
- Anti-seizure drugs
TYPE OF BLEMISHES
Blemish is a broad term used for any type of skin mark. There are numerous types of blemishes that include:
1. Acne – Acne is a common condition that can appear as:
Acne occurs when sebum, bacteria, or dirt clogs the hair follicles. Acne sometimes leaves dark spots, pockmarks, or scarring on the skin. This acne is also the type of blemishes. Hormonal changes play a role in the formation of acne. Stress may also make acne worse by increasing sebum production, although it is not considered a root cause of this condition.
2. Papules -These are small skin lesions of different types. They are typically around one centimeter in diameter. They can vary in color from pink and to brown. Pimples are sometimes called papules. Papules can occur individually or in clusters form and can be any shape. Examples of papules are
- Chickenpox rashes
- Psoriasis and shingles
3. Nodules – Nodules are a collection of tissue in the skin. They are hard to the touch, larger than papules, usually one to two centimeters in diameter. Nodules can occur at any level of the skin. They can vary in color from flesh-toned to red. Examples are Skin tags and warts.
4. Age spots (liver spots) – These are the small, dark spots that can form on any area of the body that is been exposed to the sun. They are most common in people whose age over 50, but they can also occur in younger people. Age spots are a type of hyperpigmentation.
5. Pustules – These are fluid- or pus-filled bumps. Whiteheads and chickenpox blisters are the types of pustules. Other conditions that cause pustules to form include scabies and rosacea, these are common skin conditions marked by blisters and visible blood vessels.
6. Ingrown hair – Hair removal techniques such as waxing, shaving sometimes result in ingrown hairs. These are hairs that grow back into the skin and become trapped hairs. This causes a red bump to form. People who have curly hairs may be more susceptible to ingrown hairs than those who have straight hair. Ingrown hairs can turn into large hairs, fluid-filled ingrown hair cysts. These ingrown hair cysts can be red, yellow, or white in appearance, and maybe uncomfortable or painful to touch.
7. Birthmarks – Birthmarks typically occur either at the time of birth or shortly afterward. They can range in appearance, size, shape, and color. Moles and port-wine stains are types of birthmarks that last for life. Other types, such as hemangiomas fade over time.
8. Melasma – It is very common during pregnancy. It is identified as brownish patches in the skin. It can be due to sun exposure and hormonal changes.
BLEMISH COLOUR GUIDANCE
The color of your blemishes may provide clues as to their cause.
Many blemishes appear red on the skin. These include:
- Allergic reactions
- Ingrown hairs
- Cold sores
- Certain types of skin cancer also look red in color.
2. Brown – Skin cancers, such as malignant melanoma, can look dark brown or black in color. Some birthmarks and hyperpigmentation can be brown in color. Melasma causes brown or grayish patches on the skin.
3. Black – Malignant melanoma presents as a dark-colored blemish on the skin. Blackheads may be surrounded by a halo of red or simply appear as black, raised dots in skin.
4. White – Whiteheads and certain types of fungal infections appear as white blemishes Ingrown hairs.
TREATMENT FOR BLEMISHES
- Detox Premium Powder – Detox premium powder is a very effective ayurvedic medicine to cure blemishes as it purifies the whole body by removing excess toxins from the body. The powder is composed of shukta pishti, giloy satv, gandhak rasayan, moti pishti, akik pishti, shankh bhasma, etc. The ingredient reduces all the signs and symptoms associated with the blemishes.
Recommended Dosage– Take 1 sachet twice daily with normal water.
- Skin Glow Kadha – Skin glow kadha is an Ayurvedic proprietary that gives the best result in the treatment of acne, blemishes, rashes, and other common skin problems. The decoction is composed of dalchini, giloy, tulsi, chirata, haldi, mahaguni, bahera, etc. The ingredients have anti-aging properties and act as natural astringent that provides freshness to the skin, helps in improving the skin texture, restores the skin balance and naturally improves the quality of the skin.
Recommended Dosage – Take 20 ml twice daily with an equal amount of water.
- Blood Purifier Syrup – It is ayurvedic syrup that consists of various natural ingredients such as Khadir Chall (Acacia catechu), Manjistha (Rubia cordifolia), Neem (Azadirachta indica), Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia), Harad (Terminalia bellirica), Baheda (Terminalia chebula), Amla (Emblica officinalis), etc. As
the syrup purifies the blood by removing excess toxins it is very beneficial in maintaining proper circulation and improves the skin naturally.
Recommended Dosage– Take 2 teaspoonful twice daily.
- Aloe Vera Gel – Aloe Vera herb is well known for its medicinal properties and has multiple benefits in case of skin problems. The gel is made up of pure extract of aloe vera that has a mixture of rose petals in it. The gel has anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial properties and also provides a
coolant effect to the skin.
Method of Application – Gently apply over the affected area of the skin.
- Twak Tailam – Twak tailam is very effective for the skin as it deeply nourishes the tissues and improves the skin luster. The tailam is composed of yashtimadhu (Glycyrrhiza glabra), manjistha (Rubia cordifolia), etc. The tailam supports skin health, helps in reducing uneven pigments, improves complexion, and helps in deep detoxification and blood purification without any side effects.
Method of Application – Apply over the affected area of the skin.
- Skin care tablet – Skin care tablet is a pure ayurvedic formulation. It help to maintain the texture of your skin depending on the type of skin you have. It contains various herbs like Haridra khand, Panchnimb churna, Khadir chahal, Chirayta, Mulethi, Chopchini, Gandhak, Ajmoda that work very effectively on all
skin types. Skin care is a blood purifying tablet. It cools and detoxifies the blood, increase blood circulation of the skin. It minimizes the blemishes, lighten sun tan, delay ageing of skin and heal skin problems.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 tablet twice daily.
- Panchatikta ghrita guggulu – This tablet contains pure herbal ingredients such as Nimba(Azadirachta indica), Patola(Cucumis acutangulus), Guduchi(Tinospora cordifolia), Vasa(Adhatoda vasica), etc. these herbs shows Antioxidant, Anti-rheumatic, Anti-inflammatory, Analgesic, antipruritic, neuro-protective
properties. This tablet is effective in Indigestion, blood purification, blemishes, scars, asthma, and gout.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 tablet twice daily.