Best Natural and Herbal Source of Vitamin D
Vitamin D(cholecalciferol) is one of the fat-soluble vitamins derived from Cholesterol which helps the body use calcium and phosphorus to make strong bones and teeth. Exposure of skin to sunslight can make vitamin D, and vitamin D can also be obtained from certain foods. Vitamin D deficiency can cause a weakening of the bones that is called rickets in children and osteomalacia in adults.
Two major forms of vitamin D that are important to humans are vitamin D2 (ergocalciferol), and vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol). Vitamin D2 is made naturally by plants, and vitamin D3 is made naturally by the body when skin is exposed to ultraviolet radiation in sunlight. Both forms are converted to 25-hydroxyvitamin D in the liver. The most accurate method of evaluating a person’s vitamin D status is to measure the level of 25-hydroxyvitamin D in the blood.
Natural and herbal sources of Vitamin D:
Most people get at least some of the vitamin D they need through sunlight exposure. Dietary sources include a few foods that naturally contain vitamin D, such as fatty fish, Cod liver oil, cheese, mushrooms, beef, broccoli, carrots, roasted Almonds, oats, apple , banana, brown rice, and eggs. However, most dietary vitamin D comes from foods fortified with vitamin D, such as milk, juices, and breakfast cereals.
Diseases caused by Deficiency of Vitamin D:
Diseases of vitamin D are usually associated with its deficiency which is often due to inappropriate dietary intake or in some climates and, due to inappropriate exposure to ultra-violet light. Deficiency of Vitamin D causes increased risk of infection, extreme Fatigue and tiredness, lower back pain, pale skin, disturbed sleep, decreased appetite, frequent cold and cough, bone pain and weakness, Depression, Poor wound healing, Low bone mineral density, Hair loss, and Muscle pain. Low levels of Vitamin D causes increased risk of death from cardiovascular disease, Cognitive impairment in older adults, severe asthma in children, Cancer.
Health Benefits of Vitamin D:
- Vitamin D fights disease: vitamin D helps In reducing your risk of multiple sclerosis, flu, decreases chance of developing heart disease.
- Vitamin D reduces depression: vitamin D helps in regulating mood and reduces depression.
- Vitamin D boosts weight loss: vitamin D helps you to lose weight or prevent heart disease.
- Makes your bones healthy: Vitamin D helps bone to constantly rebuild as they naturally break down, it also enables Calcium and mineral phosphate to be absorbed to mineralize bones.
- Reduces Risk of Cancer: Vitamin D decreases cancer cell growth, stimulates cancer cel death, reduces tumor blood vessel thus reduces the risk of cancer.
- Reduces Alzheimer’s risk: vitamin D receptors in the brain protect and detoxify messenger cells that enable the brain to send and receive signals to other areas of the body and this improves memory and reduces depression which in turn reduces risk of Alzheimer.
- Boosts Immunity: Vitamin D plays important role in the innate antimicrobial response, which improves immunity.
- Reduces risk of autoimmune diseases: Vitamin D autoimmune disorders like Rheumatoid Arthritis and multiple sclerosis.
Herbal Medicines for Vitamin D Deficiency:
Chandigarh Ayurved Centre provides herbal medicines to Maintain Bone strenghth, heals any kind of fractures, strengthens bones, and improves bone mineralization.
1. Asthi Jod tablet-
This tablet is a herbal combination of various herbs which helps to maintain bone strength. It is natural calcium supplement. It helps to fortifies bones and joints. It helps to heal bone injuries and useful in any kind of bone deformities. It is effective in improving bone mineralization. It has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant properties. Herbal Ingredients present in this tablet are Asthi Jod, Hadjod, Laksha, Guggul shudh, Haridra, Ashwagandha. Asthi jod tablet is also beneficial in Knee pain, Rheumatoid arthritis, Backache, Cervical spondylitis, Osteoarthritis.
Dosage – Take 1 tablet twice daily.
2. Asthi Shakti tablet-
It is a blend of Ayurvedic herbs without any side effects. This tablet is helpful in Many problems like osteoporosis , low bone density, osteogenesis imperfect, bone cancer and infections are bone related disorders. This is made up of herbal Ingredients like Ashwagandha, Shilajit, Muktasukti bhasama, Amalaki , Abhrak bhasam, Yashad bhasam. It also Provide calcium naturally to body which is very useful for bones and body, Helps in low bone density after menopause, Works in any kind of fracture, and Pacifies vitiated vata doshas.
Dosage – Take 1-2 tablets twice daily with water
3. Detox Premium Powder-
These are herbo-mineral sachets which are purely Ayurvedic formulation. These sachets mainly detox the body and eliminate toxic substances and helps in proper metabolism of all the functions. This formulation act at the level of the nervous system and facilitate proper conduction of signal impulse from the nerves to the muscles. These sachets have anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and immune-modulator. The ingredients present in it are moti pishti, parwal pishti, shukta pishti, Giloy satv, kamdudha ras, Jahar Mohra, akik pishti, gandhak rasayan, sutshekhar ras, etc. These ingredients balances all the three doshas (Vata, Pitta & Kapha). It is very beneficial in reducing the swelling, redness, stiffness, and improves the movements of joints.
Dosage – Take 1 sachet twice daily.
Recommended dosage OF Vitamin D:
- 1 to 70 years of age, including pregnant or lactating women- 15 μg per day or 600 IU per day
- For those 71 years or older- 20 μg per day or 800 IU per day
- For infants- 10 μg per day or 400 IU per day.