ARE YOU FORGETFULL?
ALWAYS WORRIED ABOUT PAST, FUTURE AND PRESENT?
WHAT IS MEMORY?
It is the Capability of the brain by which information or the data is encoded, stored, and retrieved in needed.
The information is retained in our brain over a period of time may be lifetime for the purpose of influencing future action.
MEMORY LOSS- If the person is not able to remember the past events, it would be impossible for language, relationships or personal identity to develop.
It is usually described as forgetfulness or Amnesia.
- Medications- Use of medications or a combination that causes forgetfulness or confusion. For Ex.- Medication of Hypertension, Chronic diseases, long term use of antibiotics
- Excessive thinking
- Minor head trauma or injury- A head injury from a fall or accident even if you don’t lose consciousness can cause memory problems.
- Emotional disorders- Stress, anxiety or depression can cause forgetfulness, confusion, difficulty concentrating and other problems that disrupt daily activities.
- Alcoholism- Chronic intake of alcohol can seriously impair mental abilities. By interacting with medications alcohol can also cause forgetfullness or memory loss.
- Vitamin B-12 deficiency- Vitamin B-12 helps to maintain healthy nerve cells and red blood cells. Vitamin B-12 deficiency is more common in older adults and also further leading to memory problems.
- Hypothyroidism- An underactive thyroid gland may lead to forgetfulness and other thinking problems.
- Brain diseases- A growth or tumor or infection present in the brain can cause memory problems or other Forgetfulness as in Dementia.
There are three Dosha’s in Ayurveda- The Vata, Pitta and Kapha
Vata is “Gamansheela” or responsible for movements taking place in our body.
- This Vata Dosha Along with the Kapha Dosha is responsible for memory Loss.
- Memory loss is termed as “Smriti Bransha” in Ayurveda.
It is a Vata Vyadhi or Vatik Disorder i.e. imbalance of Vata dosha.
SINGLE HERBS USEFUL IN MEMORY LOSS
Variety of Herbs is useful in memory loss like-
- GINKGO BILOBA
Detailed description of some of the Herbs is described below-
It is known as “Tapaswani” in Ayurveda
- According to Ayurveda, It acts as a brain tonic and also helps to improve memory and brain functions by preventing cell damage due to its antioxidant property.
- It helps to calm down the brain and manages anxiety as well as insomnia.,
- It helps in preventing wrinkles due to its Snigdha (oily) nature.
- It also promotes wound healing due to its Ropan (healing) property.
- USAGE- take Jatamansi powder along with honey once or twice a day helps to improve memory functions.
- You can also take Jatamansi tablets or capsules which are also readily available in the market.
- Jatamansi oil application on the skin helps manage in skin infections and prevents aging due to its antifungal and antioxidant activities.
- Good for hair growth as it helps to increase the follicular size and elongate the growth phase of hair.
- Root paste of this plant can also be applied on hair to improve hair strength and growth
- It is a hairy herb that growing in the temperate regions of the Himalayas and Khasia.
- Root of Tagar relaxes the central nervous system due to its sedative and anxiolytic properties thus helpful in reducing anxiety and improving the sleep.
- It is beneficial in management of Blood pressure.
- It possesses antispasmodic and analgesic properties thus help to relieve muscle pain.
- Vata balancing properties- Take Powder of Tagar along with milk helps in inducing sound sleep by balancing vata.
External Application– It inhibits the growth of skin pathogens due to its antibacterial and antimicrobial properties so helps in managing skin diseases
- Note– It is advisable not to take this along with sedatives or CNS depressants as it might prolong the drowsiness because of its sedative activity.
- In Ayurveda, Vacha is known as a rejuvenating herb, the term “Vacha” denotes “speaking clearly”.
- It balances the Vata dosha or it acts on the nervous system and it is having Medhya Properties (Improving the Intelligence).
- How to Take- In order to manage speech disorders take Vacha powder along with honey on a daily basis.
- Expectorant Property- It also helps in the management of cough by promoting the removal of sputum from the air passages due to its expectorant activity.
- Antioxidant Property- By fighting against cell damage caused by free radicals it helps to improve memory.
- Beneficial in behavioral changes, memory and mental performance as well.
- In addition due to its diuretic activity, it helps remove kidney stones by increasing the production of urine.
- A paste of Vacha powder and water can be applied to the skin to help give you a glowing skin and control various skin infections due to its Tikta (bitter) and Tikshna (sharpness) properties.
- Vacha essential oil might be considered useful in reducing pain and inflammation when applied externally due to its anti-inflammatory property.
- Topical application- Vacha powder with Triphala powder reduces fat on the belly and thigh.
Note- Intake of Vacha in excess should be avoided as it might cause acidity if you have weak digestion.
- It is also known as female friendly herb and Ayurvedic rasayana.
- It is beneficial in menstrual disorders and acts as a uterine tonic.
- Also, It enhances breast development and increases breast milk production by regulating hormonal imbalance.
- It is also beneficial for men as it improves testosterone levels.
- It manages blood sugar level so beneficial in diabetis
- Due to its antioxidant activity also promote memory functions
- According to Ayurveda, Shatavari helps in weight gain due to its balya property and boosts immunity due to its Rasayana (rejuvenating) property.
- How to take- Take it along with milk or honey 2times a day to get relief from the symptoms of PMS (premenstrual syndrome).
External Application- Apply Shatavari powder paste along with milk or honey on the skin helps to get rid of wrinkles. It can also help promote wound healing when applied along with coconut oil.
People with weak digestion are advised to avoid taking Shatavari as it is Guru (heavy) in nature and might take time to get digested
- It helps to manage digestion and relieve from due to its mild laxative property relieve from constipation.
- Due to its antidepressant activity it is good for your mental health and also helps in managing depression.
- In Ayurveda, it balances the Vata doshas and also helps to calm down the brain and thus helps relieve stress or anxiety.
- It act as brain tonic due to its Medhya (improves intelligence) property.
- How to take- The powder of shankhpushpi along with warm milk or water to help boost memory and concentration.
- It helps to manage wrinkles and prevent ageing due to its Rasayana (rejuvenating) property.
- Local Application- Powder of shankhpushpi can be applied on skin helps in acne and wound healing due to its Ropan (healing) property.
- Application of oil on the scalp and hair help control hair fall and also promotes hair growth due to its Rasayana (rejuvenating) property.
- It is derived from the name of Lord Brahma and Goddess Saraswati. It is a perennial herb famous for its memory enhancing property.
- Tea prepared from brewing Brahmi leaves helps to manage cold, chest congestion and bronchitis by clearing out the mucus from the air passages which helps to ease breathing.
- Due to its anti-inflammatory property it helps to reduces pain and inflammation in the throat and respiratory tracts
- How to take– Powder of along with milk helps improve brain functions by preventing brain cell damage caused by free radicals due to its antioxidant property.
- Due to its property to improve cognition thus used as a memory enhancer and brain tonic for kids.
- Local application- Oil of Brahmi can be applied to the scalp helps to prevent hair loss and it nourishes and provides strength to the hair.
- External application also disinfects the skin and speeds up the healing process.
Note- Excessive intake of Brahmi may cause nausea and dry mouth and should be avoided.
CAC SPECIAL MEDICATION FOR MEMORY LOSS-
“DON’T IGNORE IT, ADAPT AYURVEDA WHICH CAN HEAL YOUR MIND”
Ayurveda work on the root cause and accordingly CAC designed some medication which is showing amazing effects on your brain by rejuvenating your Brain at the cellular level.
The following medication is beneficial for your Brain health –
- BRODLEY SYRUP
- TAGARADI CHURNA
- DETOX PREMIUM POWDER
- NERVE UP TABLET
- RASAYAN VATI
NOTE- THIS MEDICATION MAY DIFFER FROM PERSON TO PERSON ACCORDING TO THEIR SEVERITY.