Ayurvedic Treatment for Menopause
What is Menopause?
Menopause is a natural biological process and it occurs when a woman hasn’t menstruated in twelve consecutive months and cannot become pregnant naturally. It usually between the age group of 45 and 55. This range may also vary and can develop before or after this age.
These are three stages of menopause:
- Perimenopause: This stage starts before menopause and includes the 12 months that follow a woman’s last period.
- Menopause starts either 12 months after the last period or stopped due to a clinical reason, such as the removal of the ovaries.
- Postmenopause: This condition develops after menopause but it is difficult to know when menopause ends and post-menopause starts.
Why does Menopause occur?
Menopause occurs due to hormonal changes with the growing age and at this time the body begins to undergo several changes in response to lower levels of:
- Follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH)
- Luteinizing hormone (LH)
Due to these changes, there is a loss of active ovarian follicles that produces and releases eggs from the ovary wall and allows menstruation and fertility.
Other common causes of induced Menopause include:
- Bilateral oophorectomy (surgical removal of the ovaries)
- Ovarian ablation, or the shutdown of ovary function which is done by hormone therapy, surgery, or radiotherapy techniques in women
- Pelvic radiation
- Severe pelvic injuries that damage or destroy the ovaries
What are the symptoms of Menopause?
Most of the women will have hot flashes like sudden feelings of warmth that spread over the upper body with blushing and sweating. There may range from mild to severe in most women.
Symptoms are severe when menopause occurs suddenly or in a shorter time. Some symptoms include:
- Less frequent menstruation
- Heavier or lighter periods than the normal
- Vasomotor symptoms which include hot flashes, night sweats, and flushing
- Other common symptoms of menopause include:
- Vaginal dryness
- Weight gain
- Difficulty in concentrating
- Memory related issues
- Reduced libido
- Dryness of skin, mouth, and eyes
- sore or tender breasts
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs)
- Increased urination
- Less full breasts
- Reduced muscle mass
- Pain and stiffness in joints
- Reduced bone mass
- Hair thinning or loss of hairs
- Hair growth on body parts such as the face, neck, chest, and upper back
What is the Panchakarma Treatment of Menopause?
Ayurvedic treatment is a wonderful treatment because it has specific dietary guidelines, formulations are prepared from herbal supplements, meditation, yoga, detoxification, etc. Panchakarma is the best way to clean the body not from the outside but also the inside and re-establish the balance. Chandigarh Ayurveda Centre is providing you the best therapies that will reduce the symptoms of menopause.
- Abhyangha- In this procedure, daily massage is done to loosen and eliminates the toxins which help in opening up all the channels. It provides relaxation to the body and improves the quality of sleep, mood swings, and keeps the mind relax.
- Udvartana – In this procedure, a paste of chickpeas is made and heated with sesame oil and is applied all over the body. Gentle massage is done on the body that helps in improving the muscle tone.
- Shirodhara – In this procedure medicated oil is poured slowly over the forehead for about 20-30 minutes. In starting the oil is very warm and its application ends up exquisitely cool. It treats mental related issues like negativity, worries, mental junk, etc.
- Shasti shali pinda sweda – In this therapy, hot milk is mixed with rice and herbs. The massage is done with the help of bolus that provides strength to the muscles.
What is the Ayurvedic treatment for Menopause?
Chandigarh Ayurved Centre is providing you best herbal kit named ‘Menopause Care Kit’ that will overcome all the symptoms associated with menopause. It will help the females to live a healthier life during the menopause stage and will balance the hormones. This kit contains effective herbal formulations such as Stri- Poshak Syrup, Rajahpravartini Vati, Femine care tablet, Kanchnar Guggul, and Detox Premium Powder.
Description of products:
1. Stri- Poshak Syrup
Stri Poshak Syrup is specially formulated for females that are beneficial in treating symptoms of physical weakness, anemia, fatigue, etc. The herbs used in this syrup are Lodhar chall (Symplocos racemosa), Khadir chall (Acacia catechu), Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia), Ashok chall (Saraca asoca), Patrang (Caesalpinia sappan), Mochras (Salmalia malabarica), Mulethi (Glycyrrhiza glabra), Daru Haldi (Berberis aristata), etc. These ingredients are used to relieve menopausal symptoms like hot flashes, disturbed sleep, mood elevation, excess sweating, tiredness, abdominal discomfort, breast tenderness, etc.
Recommended Dosage: Take 2 tsp twice a day with normal water.
2. Rajahpravartini Vati
Rajahpravartini Vati is an Ayurvedic formulation that has been used since ancient times to treat female related disorders. These tablets contain Ramatha (Asa foetida), Tankan (Borax), Kaseesa (Purified blue vitriole), etc. It shows its effective results on the uterus and during ovulation. It is effective in maintaining the mental and physical wellbeing of females and also helps to take care of the improper flow of menstruation with other symptoms like vaginal dryness, poor bladder control, etc.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 tablet twice a day with normal water.
3. Femine care tablet
Femine care tablet is a natural and herbal formulation that contains extracts of various herbs like Ghritkumari, Muramakki, and Sonth. These herbs possess antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and immuno-modulator properties that work on conditions like, bulky uterus, endometriosis, PCOD, etc. It also maintains the general female health, irregular menses, and uterine fibroids. As per Ayurveda, it also balances Vata as well as Kapha dosha.
Dosage: 1 or 2 tablets two times a day daily with water after meals.
4. Kanchnar Guggul
Kanchnar Guggul is a classical Ayurvedic formulation that has been used in Ayurveda for many ages to treat female health-related issues. It is known to treat any kind of abnormal growth in the body, thyroid disorders, lesions, and cancer. This herb shows antibacterial, antifungal, Anti Inflammatory, and analgesic properties.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 tablet twice a day with normal water.
5. Detox Premium Powder
Detox Premium Powder is a mixture of all herb and minerals which are beneficial in eliminating the toxins from the body. The herbs and ingredients present in it are Parwal pishti, Giloy satva, Moti pishti, Akik pishti, Gandhak rasayan, Tal sindoor, Jahar mohra pishti, etc. These balance all the Tridosha and provides a cooling effect on the body.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 sachet twice a day with normal water.