Ayurvedic Treatment For Endometriosis
What is Endometriosis?
Endometriosis happens when the tissue that usually lines inside the uterus of a woman grows outside it. This lining of the uterus is called the endometrium. This abnormal growth is benign (not cancerous) but they can still cause problems.
This tissue acts like regular uterine tissue during the menstrual cycle. It will bleed at the end of the menstrual cycle and nowhere to go so it becomes trapped in the pelvis. The areas surrounded by it may become inflamed or swollen because of the hormonal changes in the body. There will be a formation of scar tissue and lesions. It commonly involves ovaries, fallopian tubes, and the tissue lining your pelvis(rare).
The tissue trapped in your pelvis can cause irritation and severe pain during periods.
Types of Endometriosis
There are three main types of endometriosis, based on the location:
- Superficial peritoneal lesion: It is the most common lesion on the peritoneum, a thin film that lines the pelvic cavity.
- Endometrioma: It is a dark fluid-filled cyst, also called chocolate cysts which are formed deep in the ovaries. These cysts can damage healthy tissues and does not respond to the treatment.
- Deeply infiltrating endometriosis: This type of cyst develops under the peritoneum and involves uterus, bowels, or bladder. It is a rare type that affects about 1% to 5% of women with endometriosis.
What causes Endometriosis?
- Although the exact cause of endometriosis is not certain there are several theories regarding the cause, although no one theory has been scientifically proven.
- One of the oldest theories is retrograde menstruation in which menstrual blood containing endometrial cells flows back through the fallopian tubes into the pelvic cavity instead of out of the body. These cells get stick to the pelvic walls and surfaces of pelvic organs and continue to grow to thicken and bleed over the course of each menstrual cycle.
- Another theory is the induction theory in which hormones or immune factors transform the peritoneal cells outside the uterus into cells that are similar to those lining the inside of the uterus, known as endometrial cells.
- Transformation of embryonic cells into endometrial-like cells due to estrogen that gets implant during puberty.
- Surgical scar implantation after various surgical procedures such as hysterectomy or C-section in which endometrial cells may attach to a surgical incision.
What are the symptoms of Endometriosis?
Symptoms of endometriosis include:
- Severe menstrual cramps
- Lower back pain
- Pelvic pain
- Periods last longer for more than 7 days
- Heavy menstrual bleeding and the pad needs to change after every 1 to 2 hours
- Bowel and urine related problems like pain, diarrhea, constipation, and bloating
- Bleeding in stool and urine
- Nausea and vomiting
- Pain during intercourse
- Spotting or bleeding between periods
- Pain is the main symptom of endometriosis, but its severity of pain does not always correlate with the extent of disease.
- Infertility, or being unable to get pregnant.
- Digestive-related problems include- constipation, diarrhea, abdominal bloating, or nausea, especially during periods.
- Other medical conditions such as ovarian cysts, pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
What is the Panchakarma treatment for Endometriosis?
Chandigarh Ayurved Centre is recommending the following procedures for endometriosis patients that will cure the disease by working on its root cause.
- Abhyanga: Do massage on the body with medicated oil for removing all toxins out from the body.
- Swedana: After the massage, a steam bath is given to the patient.
- Shirodhara: In this procedure, medicated oil is poured on the forehead to keep the patient relax and stress-free.
- Basti: Enema is given to the patient with herbal medicated oil.
What is the Ayurvedic treatment for Endometriosis?
Chandigarh Ayurved Centre is providing you a wonderful and effective kit that treats endometriosis from its root cause and helps in reducing the abnormalities of lower abdominal organs including the uterus. This kit is known as “Endometriosis Care Kit’’ which balances the Vata, Pitta, and Kaphadosha, therefore, provides strength to the uterus. It comprises of five herbal products– KanchnaarGuggul, Trikatu Syrup, StriPoshak Capsules, StriPoshak Syrup, and PanchsakarChurna.
1. Kachnaar Guggulu Tablets
Kanchnaar Guggulu is the best Ayurvedic classical formulation that has been used in Ayurveda for many ages to treat endometriosis. The herbs present in it are Kachnaar (Bauhinia variegata), Pippali (Piper longum), Maricha (Piper nigrum), Shunthi (Zingiberofficinale), Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Amalaki (Emblicaofficinalis), etc and these show anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antioxidant actions that enhance the female reproductive health. It maintains the hormonal imbalance and provides strength to the body.
Recommended Dosage: Take 2 tablets twice daily with normal water.
2. Trikatu Syrup
Trikatu syrup is a herbal formulation used in Ayurveda for increasing the absorption of Ayurvedic medicines and keeps the Tridoshas in a balanced state. This herbal syrup is formulated with three main ingredients such as pippali (Piper longum), maricha (Piper nigrum), and shunthi (Zingiberofficinale). It prevents abnormal tissue growth without disturbing the natural functioning of hormones.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 teaspoonful twice daily.
3. Stri Poshak Syrup
Stri Poshak Syrup contains herbal ingredients such as Khadirchall (Acacia catechu), Ashok chall (Saracaasoca), Amla (Emblicaofficinalis), Ashwagandha (Withaniasomnifera), etc. that keeps the females healthy. Pain is caused due to the vitiation of Apana Vayu and thus this syrup balances the vata which ultimately cures the pain and reduces the inflammation.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 teaspoonful twice daily.
4. Stri-Poshak Capsule
Striposhak capsules are also prepared from ingredients like Lodharchall (Symplocosracemosa), Ashok chall (Saracaasoca), Amalaki (Emblicaofficinalis), etc that balances the menstrual cycle in females. These capsules boost up the immune system and hence cures endometriosis.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 capsule twice daily with normal water.
5. Panchsakar Churna
Panchasakar Churna is a wonderful mixture of effective herbs along with salt. The herbs present in it are Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Trivrit (Operculinaturpethum), Pippali (Piper longum), Shunti (Zingiberofficinale), and Sauvarchalalavana. This classical herbal formulation treats constipation which is the main symptom of endometriosis. It relieves abdominal pain, flatulence, loss of appetite, etc.
Recommended dosage: Take 1 teaspoonful at bedtime with lukewarm water.