What is Asthma?
Asthma is a long-term problem in which the airways become narrow and swell and may produce extra mucus that can make it difficult to breathe. This difficulty can cause serious wheezing, coughing, and breathlessness, known as asthma attacks.
For some people, asthma is a minor problem but in the chronic stage, it can be a major problem that interferes with daily activities and may lead to a life-threatening asthma attack.
There are mainly 3 types of Asthma:
- Acute asthma- There is a sudden attack in this condition which is caused by an inflammation of the air sacs of the lungs that causes contraction of the bronchioles which restrict the airflow and make breathing difficult.
- Chronic asthma – In this condition, there is a frequent asthma attack that required treatment to minimize the acute attacks.
- Exercise-induced asthma – This type of asthma is triggered by exercise in which there is coughing, wheezing, and difficulty in breathing. Intense symptoms last for about 10 minutes after exercising and gradually subsides over time.
What are the causes of Asthma?
There is no single cause has been identified for asthma but it’s believed that it is caused due to a combination of environmental and inherited (genetic) factors.
Genetics: A person is more likely to develop asthma if parents or siblings have asthma.
History of viral infections: Severe viral infections during childhood (e.g. RSV) may also develop this condition.
Environmental factors like:
- Airborne allergens, such as pollen, dust mites, particles of cockroach waste, etc.
- Infections such as the common cold
- Physical activities
- Cold air
- Air pollutants such as smoke
- Use of certain medications like aspirin, beta-blockers, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, such as ibuprofen
- Stress and anxiety
- Added preservatives in foods and beverages, includes shrimp, dried fruit, processed potatoes, etc.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), which causes the backup of stomach acids into the throat.
What are the symptoms of Asthma?
Asthma symptoms vary from person to person and depend upon the condition. People with asthma experience symptoms during inflammation, tightness, or filling of lungs with mucus. Some asthma symptoms include:
- Coughing, especially at night due to which there is trouble sleeping
- Wheezing sound during exhaling
- Shortness of breath
- Chest tightness, pain, or pressure
- There is a need to use a quick-relief inhaler more often
- Difficulty in talking
- Anxiousness or panic
If you are experiencing these symptoms, this could be a sign of a condition such as asthma then consult your doctor.
What is the Panchakarma Treatment for Asthma?
According to Ayurveda, the common cause of asthma is the accumulation of Vata and Kapha dosha in the respiratory tract. Panchakarma therapies show good results in eliminating and cleansing the body toxins and removing doshas which clears up the obstruction in the respiratory channels.
Chandigarh Ayurved Centre is providing you the best treatment for Asthma. These therapies are done by well-trained staff under the guidance of MD Ayurveda experts. These therapies are recommended for asthma patients:
- Snehana: In this therapy, gentle massage is done with the medicated oil mixed with on the chest and back to lose the kapha. After that, the snehana procedure is done which is useful in Vilayana of the Kapha, which clears obstruction of the airways.
- Swedana: With this procedure, kapha dosha gets dissolved in the body becomes softened in the channels. This results in the movement of Vata restored to its normal condition.
- Vaman: Vaman is done to eliminate out the liquefy Kapha, if it is given with proper method then it will show wonderful results.
- Nasya: Pour the medicated oil drops in both the nostrils and it is a highly beneficial treatment in asthma. It reduces the frequency of asthma attacks and is a very safe therapeutic procedure in the prevention of Tamak sawas.
- Dhumrapana – After vaman, dhumrpana is given to the patient to remove the remained pathogenic substances in the dosha.
What is the Ayurvedic treatment for Asthma?
Chandigarh Ayurved Centre is providing you the best and natural remedy for the treatment of Asthma and its related issues, known as “Asthma Go Kit’’. The products used in this kit are totally pure and natural. These are free from chemicals, additives, fillers, colors, and have no side effects. It contains six products such as Asthma care powder, Kas Shwas Hari Rasa, Anu Tailam, Broncho care syrup, Cough go tablet, and Kantha Sudharak Vati.
Products in detail:
1. Asthma Care Powder:
Asthma Care Powder contains a mixture of herbal ingredients that helps in balancing the vata and kapha dosha. It contains ingredients like –Laxmi vilas ras, Sitopladi churna, Godanti bhasma, Abhrak bhasma, etc. This powder is used to treat various symptoms like chronic cough, whooping cough, trouble breathing, etc. It also relieves congestion of the chest by loosening the mucus accumulated in the chest.
Recommended Dosage – Take1 Sachet twice a day with normal water.
2. Kas Shwas Hari Rasa:
Kas Shwas Hari rasa is a wonderful formulation for entire Pranavaha srotas that acts as a vata-kaphaghna. The ingredients present in it are Laxmivilas nardiya rasa, Talisadi churna, Sutashekhar rasa, Shwas kasa chintamani rasa, and these ingredients are processed in Bhawana Vasa Kwath. It shows good results in cough, cold, asthma, etc. It increases the immunity that prevents diseases and gives effective results to asthma patients.
Recommended Dosage– Take 1 tablet twice a day with normal water.
3. Anu Tailam:
Anu tailam is a classical herbal oil that has been used in Ayurveda since ancient times to cure the various respiratory-related diseases. It lubricates the passage and calms the mind. It is a mixture of Sesame oil, Bael tree root, Solanum root, Cinnamon stem bark, cardamom fruit, etc. As per Ayurveda, it mainly balances the Kapha dosha. Its regular use treats chronic headache, migraine, sinusitis, improves the voice, and vocal cords. Anu tailam is very effective in curing symptoms related to asthma.
Recommended Dosage – Put 2-3 drops of Anu tailam in each nostril.
4. Broncho care syrup:
Broncho care syrup comprises of ingredients such as Kantkari (Solanum surattense), Chitrakmool (Plumbago zeylanica), Mulethi (Glycyrrhiza glabra), Vasa patra (Adhatoda vasica), Bharangi (Clerodendrum serratum), Sonth (Zingiber officinale), Pippali (Piper longum), etc. These herbs are very effective in treating cough and cold. Other symptoms related to asthma-like whooping cough breathlessness, anxiousness, etc.
Recommended Dosage – Take 2 teaspoonful twice a day with water.
5. Cough Go Tablets:
Cough Go Tablets are specially formulated to treat asthma, cough, common cold, and other respiratory disorders. These tablets contain Mulethi (Glycyrrhiza glabra), Kali mirch (Piper nigrum), Pippali (Piper longum), Sonth (Zingiber officinale), etc. All these ingredients possess antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, a bronchodilator, and expectorant properties. As these properties clear the blockage and remove the mucus from the body.
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 tablet twice a day with normal water.
6. Kantha Sudharak Vati:
Kantha Sudharak Vati contains those herbal ingredients that have been used in Ayurveda for many ages by our Acharayas. The ingredients are Lavang (Syzygium aromaticum), Karpura (Cinnamomum camphora), Ela (Elettaria cardamomum), Mulethi (Glycyrrhiza glabra), Javitri (Myristica fragrans), Ajwain (Trachyspermum ammi). These ingredients act as expectorant thus relieving all throat related problems and also cures chronic laryngitis, bronchitis, and asthma.
Recommended Dosage– Take 2 tablets thrice a day with water.