Some people also call Leucorrhea under the name Likoria. In this disease, sticky, deodorant, thick water flows from the vagina. When this disease occurs to a woman, the woman does not initially tell anyone about the leucorrhea. The result is that the disease gets worse. This should not be done. There are many home remedies for treating leucorrhea, using which you can treat leucorrhea.
In Ayurveda, leucorrhea has been called Shweta pradara. It is said to be an independent disease and not a symptom of various vaginal diseases. Women who are unhealthy, eat more salty, sour, piquant, nutritious, smooth, and high in alcohol, they are more likely to develop leucorrhea.
Leucorrhea is also commonly called white water or leucorrhoea. It is a common disease in women. In this, thick white and smelly water comes out from the vagina. The secretion is yellow, light blue or light red, and very sticky and smelly if there is any kind of infection. It can also be a symptom of vaginal or uterine disease. If untreated leucorrhea can weaken the woman’s health. The amount and duration of secretions vary in different women. This causes inflammation of the reproductive organs.
Types of Leucorrhea
There are two types of leucorrhea: –
- Natural vaginal discharge
- Unnatural vaginal discharge
Natural leucorrhea (leucorrhoea)
Deodorant-free, watery vaginal discharge during the menstrual cycle is considered vicious, thin, and normal. This secretion increases during ovulation in women. This is a normal process in a woman’s body. It does not require any treatment. Only proper dieting should be followed.
Unnatural leucorrhea (leucorrhoea)
This is seen when bacterial infection occurs. The color of secretion is of unusual consistency and is deodorant. It can also be a Yeast Infection.
Symptoms of leucorrhoea
Leucorrhea can be identified with these symptoms: –
- Severe itching and severe irritation in the vaginal tract.
- Back pain persists.
- Feeling weakness and dizziness.
- Frequent urination and heaviness in the stomach.
- Loss of appetite and nausea.
- Dark circles fall under the eyes.
- Bleeding or spotting other than menstruation
- Bleeding after sex
- Sexually transmitted diseases (STI or Sexually Transmitted Infection) can also cause symptoms of leucorrhoea in your body.
- Darkness in front of eyes and sometimes dizziness even after doing a little hard work.
- Stretching of the calf and staying heavy.
- Be irritable.
Causes of leucorrhoea
It is normal to have a small amount of white water flowing before or after menstruation, but in high doses, regular yellow or bluish discharge starts, then these reasons can be: –
- In unmarried women, it is due to nutritional deficiency, vaginal hygiene, anemia, and fried fast spicy foods.
- Leucorrhea is caused by bacteria called ‘trichomonas vaginals’ in the vagina.
- Repeated miscarriages.
- Leucorrhea occurs due to an infectious disease called fungal yeast in the vagina of women with diabetes.
- Causes of infection due to unusual sexual relationships.
- Due to the weakening of the body’s immunity.
- Due to stress and extremely hard work.
- When copper-T is installed.
Home Remedies for Leucorrhea
You can try these home remedies for leucorrhea: –
Dry the gooseberry and make it in powder form. Drink it with water. Regular consumption will eliminate the problem of leucorrhea from the root.
Eating ripe bananas with sugar removes the problem of white water within a few days.
Eating a ripe banana with ghee or butter twice a day provides relief from licorice.
Cut the ripe banana in the middle. Add one gram of raw alum to it, and eat it once a day. By taking this prescription every day for a week, the problem of leucorrhea is cured.
3. Berries or Blackberry
Dry and grind the bark of berries. Take this powder twice a day with water.
4. Figs or Anjeer
take 2-3 dried fig and soak in a glass of water overnight. The next morning, grind throat figs and consume on an empty stomach.
5. Triphala Benefits in Leucorrhea
Allow four teaspoons of Triphala powder to soak in about 2-3 glasses of water overnight. Strain in the morning and wash the vagina with this water.
Guava is a remedy to cure leucorrhea
Boil 5-7 leaves of guava in water for half an hour. After cooling, wash the vagina twice with this water after filtering.
Make a powder by grinding neem bark. Mix it with honey and eat it twice a day.
Other home remedies for leucorrhea treatment:
- Make a decoction by boiling cinnamon, white cumin, Ashok bark and cardamom seeds in water. Sieve it after it cools down. Now wash the vagina twice a day with this water.
- Use yogurt in your diet. Yogurt has the ability to fight microbes, which reduces infection in the body.
- Grind rose leaves and take it with a spoon of milk twice a day.
- Mix Isabgol in white musli powder and take it with milk.
- Drink carrot, radish and beetroot juice regularly.
Diet for Leucorrhoea Patient
Your food should be like this during leucorrhea: –
- More salt and spicy food should not be consumed.
- Junk food and stale food should not be eaten.
- Include fruits and fibrous vegetables in your diet as much as possible.
- Eat nutritious food.
Lifestyle for Leucorrhoea Disease
This is how your lifestyle during leucorrhea should be: –
- Keep the body clean. Thoroughly clean the vagina with water.
- Undergarments (underwear) wear cotton clothes. Change these twice a day.
- Do not use more medicines for abortion.
- Take special care of cleanliness during menstruation.
- Change the pad every 4-6 hours.
- Use sterilizing pads.
When to Contact a Doctor in Leucorrhea
In these conditions, a doctor should be contacted:
- If the vaginal discharge continues for a long time, and there is a lot of itching and burning sensation.
- The color of secretion should be yellow, light red, or light blue.
- If more viscous and deodorant, it indicates infection. In such a situation, weakness and other physical problems arise in the woman.
- Green or yellowish thick discharge
- Strong deodorant
- Around the vagina, there is itching and burning sensation
- Keep in mind that you may feel a slight discharge during ovulation between 2 months. Don’t panic and keep wearing panty-liner for a few days at this time.
Treatment of Leucorrhea
- In leucorrhea treatment, physical hygiene is a must.
- To get relief from itching and burning by applying an ice pack or wet bandage
- Using pH-balanced products (eg sanitary napkins)
- Maintaining clean clothing to maintain physical hygiene. Do not wear sanitary napkins for too long during menstruation.
- Using condoms such as Barrier Contraceptives during physical relationships.
Ayurveda Treatment of Leucorrhea
as per Ayurvedic view, Leucorrhea can be correlated with ‘Shweta Pradara’. Acharyas stated that Shweta pradara is not a disease or disorder, but it’s like a symptom in many diseases. As per clinical features, it seems to be a Kaphaja disorder of female genital organs because the main causative factor for white and painless vaginal discharge is due to aggravated Kapha doshas as it has a dominance of its liquid property and ras dhatu of the reproductive system is vitiated. Causative factors of Shweta pradara are abortion, excessive coitus, improper mode of life, and dietetics during menstruation and Ritukala along with the unhygienic condition of the vagina.
Chandigarh Ayurved Centre presents 100 % natural ways to cure the condition of Leucorrhea through ‘Leucorrhea Go Kit’. The kit is made up of specialized herbs that mainly work on the reproductive system. There are a total of 4 products named as – Detox Premium Powder, Stri Poshak Capsules, leuco care tablets, Raja Pravartini Vati and Women Champion Syrup.
1.Detox Premium Powder
This herbal powder is prepared from ingredients such as parwal pishti, shukta pishti, jahar mohra pishti, akik pishti, giloy satv, & tal sindoor. These all ingredients in combination reduce excessive white discharge from the vagina, pain during micturition, abdominal cramps, itching, & fatigue, etc.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 sachet twice daily with normal water.
2. Leuco Care Tablets
These herbal capsules treat vaginal discharge, foul smell, painful conditions, fatigue, etc. The various ingredients used for the formation of the capsules are Kukkutandwaka bhasma, Mochras, Supari, Nagkesar, Ashok, Gond katira, etc that is good for leucorrhea patients.
Recommended Dosage: Take 2 tablets twice daily with normal water.
3. Raja Pravartini Vati
Raja Pravartini Vati is one of the best natural herbal medicine for menstruation mainly used in the treatment of amenorrhea(primary & secondary) and scanty bleeding. all kinds of women’s health issues are treated. It shows the main action on uterus and ovaries. It helps to stimulate the ovulation and corrects the ovarian functions. The uses of these tablets are beneficial in treating signs & symptoms related to Leucorrhea.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 tablet twice daily with normal water.
4. Stri Poshak Capsules
Bringing a special ayurvedic preparation for women, Stri Poshak capsules which have no side effect. Stri Poshak capsules play a vital role in bringing harmony in your body functioning from within. These capsules are purely herbal and very effective for treating various health issues related to women.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 capsule twice daily with normal water.
5. Women Champion Syrup
Woman Champion is a purely herbal and ayurvedic formulation. It is a very effective tonic for women and helps to maintain their health. It balances all the doshas of the body and also maintains hormone levels. It contains herbs like Lodhra, Manjishta, Ashok chaal, Punarnava, Shatavar, Bala, Daruharidra, Nagarmotha that help women typically with mood changes, stress, headache, and pain.
Recommended Dosage: Take 2 teaspoonfuls twice daily.