Acne is a common skin problem Known as yuvaan pidika in Ayurveda. It usually occurs when oil gets clogged in pores of skin along with hair follicles and dead skin.
Mostly present on the face, chest, neck, and shoulders of the body. It’s like a bump or papule over the skin. It is very common in teenagers and younger children.
There are various Causes of Acne
- Stress/ anxiety
- Excess oil formation in the body
- Hormonal imbalance
- Eating habits include excess oil and spices
- Humidity or overexposure to dust and sun
- Birth control pills
- Diseases like PCOD, high triglycerides, etc
In most cases lesions, whiteheads, blackheads, papules, nodules, cyst, or pustules are found.
In Ayurveda, it’s mainly due to the accumulation of Pitta doshas. toxins buildup leads to acne.
Home Remedies for Pimples
- Take lemon pieces and rub them on the face. Allow to dry for a while and then dry with lukewarm water. Do this daily, you will get relief.
- Grind nutmeg in raw milk and then apply the paste on the face. Leave it on the face for at least 2 hours and then wash it with lukewarm water. Do this daily, after a few days the pimples on your face will start to reduce and also improve.
- Applying juice of neem leaves on its face also provides relief in acne and pimples. For this, grind the leaves of neem and then apply it on the face and leave it for a while. Wash the face after about 1 or 2 hours. Pimples will be removed by doing this daily for some time. Not only Pimple, but all kinds of spots will also be removed from the face.
- Cumin not only enhances the taste of food, but it is also useful to cure pimples. Take one or two spoon cumin seeds and grind it into a paste. Now apply this paste on the face. Wash the face with clean water after half an hour. Acne will also be cured by this remedy.
- Garlic has many properties. It not only enhances the taste of food but also garlic is very beneficial in reducing obesity and body fat. Apart from this, garlic also cures facial pimples. For this, take 3-4 buds of garlic and mix 2-3 cloves in it. Now apply this paste on the face and leave it for a while. Later wash with lukewarm water. Acne will be cured to a great extent.
- Believe it or not but toothpaste is also a panacea for curing pimples, especially white toothpaste. For this, you should apply white toothpaste (make sure that it is not gel toothpaste) for half an hour and then wash face with clean water. Adopt the same technique for half an hour every day and then watch it.
- Turmeric is very useful in getting rid of pimples. Turmeric contains antibacterial ingredients to protect the face from skin problems. For acne, mix a little turmeric in water or milk and apply it on the acne. In the morning, wash the face with clean water. Do this daily till you get rid of pimples.
- Disprin tablet is not only effective in headache but also cures acne. For this, grind a tablet of Disprin and mix it with some water and then apply it on the acne. You will feel relaxed within a few days.
Chandigarh Ayurvedic centre has amazing Ayurvedic products that cure acne. All are included in “acne go kit”
1) Neem Soap
Neem is one of the amazing herbs that has many health benefits. It helps to remove acne and pimples and make skin clear. The neem has healing properties that help to treat acne naturally. It also works effectively in case of too much oily skin or dry skin, due to permanent inflammation red rashes occur which are painful. Neem has anti-inflammatory, antibiotic, and analgesic properties. Any kind of skin problem gets treated with the help of neem.
Method of Application – Use for daily bathing purposes.
2) Twak Detox Powder
As per Ayurveda acne is caused due to Pitta doshas aggravation which leads to a collection of harmful waste or toxins inside the body, hence twak detox powder has the property to eliminate the harmful waste material from the body as it is formed of various kind of bhasmas and herbs –, gandhak rasayan, tal sindoor parwal pishti, jahar mohra, giloy satv, sudhyog tablet, moti pishti, etc. The ingredients help to treat the skin problems like the formation of blackheads, whiteheads, pimples, etc. and also act as a blood purifier that gives glowing skin with a lustrous look.
Recommended Dosage –1 sachet should be taken twice daily with normal water.
3) Twak Churna
Twak churna has two main ingredients – Yashtimadhu Manjistha (Rubia cordifolia) and (Glycyrrhiza glabra) that work amazingly in case of skin disorders. The churna has antiandrogenic, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial, properties that treat pimples and also prevent it from re-occurrence. The herb Manjistha shows antibacterial action on Propionibacterium and other called Staphylococcus epidermidis which are the main cause of pimple and acne formation.
Recommended Dosage –1 teaspoonful of twak churan is taken twice daily with normal water.
4) Aloe Vera Juice
For medicinal purposes, aloe vera is the herb of choice as it has anti-bacterial, anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory properties that provide many benefits to the skin as well as to the whole body. The main function is to build up immunity and regulates hormonal balance. Regular intake of aloe vera juice prevents the formation of pimples, red spots, painful lumps, etc.
Recommended Dosage – Take 15 – 30 ml twice daily with an equal amount of water.
5) Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera gel consists of aloe Vera extract along with rose petals. Thus this wonderful composition provides a cooling effect on the skin that relieves from itchiness, burning sensation, etc. The gel provides moisture to the skin and maintain healthy skin and repairing damaged skin cells. It gives glow and shines to skin. It also helps to get rid of dryness, roughness, and cracks or open pores.
Recommended Dosage – Gently apply over the affected area of the skin.
6) Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu
The tablets are effective in treating skin diseases as it contains the Pitta pacifying ingredients such as Neem (Azadirachta indica), Amrita (Tinospora cordifolia), Shuddh guggulu (Commiphora mukul), Shunthi (Zingiber officinalis), Gajapippali (Piper chaba), etc. The tablet is Tridoshahara, thus helps to balance the hormonal level in the body. It also helps to remove Ama or toxins from the body.
Recommended Dosage – Take 2 tablets twice daily with normal water.