What is liver cirrhosis?
Liver cirrhosis is a complication related to many liver diseases which is characterized by abnormal structure and functioning. It leads to cirrhosis because it injures and kills liver cells, after which the inflammation and repair that is associated with the kills liver cells leads to the formation of scar tissues. The liver cells that do not die in multiplication in an attempt to replace the dead cells. This results in the formation of clusters of newly-formed liver cells (regenerative have nodules) within the scar tissues. The main causes of cirrhosis including viruses, chemicals (such as alcohol, certain medications), toxic metals (such as iron and copper that accumulate in the liver. Other autoimmune liver diseases in which the immune system of the body attacks the liver and its cells.
What are the causes of liver cirrhosis?
There are most of the diseases and conditions that can damage the liver and can lead to cirrhosis of the liver.
Some of the causes include:
- Chronic alcohol consumption
- Cystic fibrosis
- Chronic viral hepatitis (hepatitis B, C, and D)
- Cystic fibrosis
- Accumulation of copper particles in the liver (Wilson’s disease)
- Poor formation of bile ducts (biliary atresia)
- Deficiency of Alpha-1 antitrypsin in the body
- Liver disease caused by weak immune system of the body (autoimmune hepatitis)
- Destruction of the bile ducts (primary biliary cirrhosis)
- Scarring of the bile ducts (primary sclerosing cholangitis)
- Certain medications include methotrexate or isoniazid
What are the stages of liver cirrhosis?
Cirrhosis is itself a last stage of liver damage. In the early stages, there is an inflammation in the liver disease. If the proper treatment is not given then, it may lead to liver scarring (fibrosis). In this stage, it is still possible for the liver to heal with proper treatment.
But if fibrosis of the liver is not treated then this may result in liver cirrhosis. At this stage, the scar tissues cannot be healed properly, but its progression may be prevented or slowed down. People with cirrhosis and having signs of complications may develop end-stage liver disease (ESLD) and the only treatment is given at this stage is liver transplantation.
- Stage 1: In stage 1 liver cirrhosis, there is an involvement of some scarring of the liver, but few symptoms may occur. It is a compensated cirrhosis, where there are no complications.
- Stage 2: In the 2nd stage, cirrhosis includes the worsening of portal hypertension and the development of varices around the liver on the abdomen.
- Stage 3 cirrhosis; In the 3rd stage, there is a presence of swelling in the abdomen and advanced liver scarring. It is marked with decompensated cirrhosis, complications and possibility of liver failure.
- Stage 4 cirrhosis: This last stage can be life-threatening and people who develop end-stage liver disease (ESLD) are fatal without the transplantation.
What are the signs and symptoms of cirrhosis?
People with cirrhosis may sometimes have few or no symptoms of liver disease. But sometimes symptoms may be nonspecific and don’t suggest the liver is the main cause. Common symptoms and signs of cirrhosis include:
- Yellowish discoloration of the skin (jaundice) due to the accumulation of bilirubin in the blood
- Loss of appetite
- Easy bruising due to the less production of blood clotting factors by the affected liver.
- People with cirrhosis: When the liver develops symptoms and signs when the disease becomes complicated.
What are the risk factors for liver cirrhosis?
Excessive alcohol consumption is the main risk factor for cirrhosis.
Being overweight or being obese increases the risk of cirrhosis, such as non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
Having viral hepatitis is also a risk factor but not everyone with chronic hepatitis will develop liver cirrhosis, but it is one of the world’s main leading causes of liver disease.
What is the Ayurvedic Treatement for Liver Cirrhosis?
Chandigarh Ayurved Centre is providing you the effective and natural kit which is known as “liver cirrhosis care kit” The kit works on the root cause of the disease with no side-effects.
1. Detox Premium Powder:
Detox Premium Powder is a herbo-mineral formulation that contains effective ingredients like Motipishti, Shuktapishti, Kamdudharas, Parwalpishti, JaharMohrapishti, Akikpishti, Giloysatav, Gandhakrasayan, Shankhbhasam, Sutshekharras, Tal sindoor, Sudhyog tab, Shwetparpati, and Yavakshaar. This Ayurvedic powder keeps your keeps the liver cells healthy and produces more healthy cells.
Recommended Dosage: Take one sachet twice a day with normal water.
2. Liver care tablet:
Liver care Tablet helps in the treatment of liver cirrhosis & eliminates the toxins from the body. It includes various ingredients like Kalmegh (Andrographispaniculata), Kutaki (Picrorhizaglabra), Bhumi amla (Phyllanthusniruri, Giloy (Tinosporacordifolia), Muktapishti, etc. These ingredients will improve the functioning of the liver. It also improves the blood circulation.
Recommended Dosage: Take one tablet twice a day with normal water.
3. Liver care Syrup:
The herbal syrup contains – Bhumi amla( Phyllanthusniruri), Giloy(TinosporaCordifolia), Yavakshar( Hordeumvulgare), Kutki (Picrorhizakurroa), Kalmegh (Andrographispaniculata), etc. It is helpful in improving the body’s metabolism and the ingredients present in it provides relief from issues like sluggishness of liver, loss of appetite, etc. This syrup will help in regenerating healthy liver cells and boosts up the liver functioning to eliminate toxins from the blood.
Recommended Dosage – Take two teaspoonful twice a day.
4. Kutaki Capsule:
Kutaki capsules are prepared from the pure and standardized extract of Picrorhizakurroa. It shows anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It treats liver cirrhosis in a natural way.
Recommended Dosage: Take two capsules twice a day with normal water.
5. Bhumi Amla Churna:
Bhumi amla churna is prepared from the pure extract of herb Bhumi amla (Phyllanthusniruri). It is considered as the best herb that is helpful in regeneration the liver cells and increases the life-span of the liver. It also eliminates all the harmful toxins from the body.
Recommended Dosage: Take half teaspoon twice a day with normal water.
Panchasakar Churna is an Ayurvedic herbal formulation that has been used in Ayurveda for many ages for the treatment of liver-related disorders. As the name described it contains a total number of five ingredients such as- Shunthi, Haritaki, Trivrit, Pippali, and Sauvarchallavan. It is very beneficial to relieve the pain and stiffness in the liver-related disorders.
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 teaspoonful at bedtime with lukewarm water.
What are the preventing tips for liver cirrhosis?
Reduce the risk of liver cirrhosis by following these steps:
- Avoid drinking alcohol if you are suffering from cirrhosis.
- Follow a healthy diet and lifestyle. Eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. Select whole grains and lean protein sources. Avoid fatty and fried foods.
- Maintain a healthy body weight because an excessive amount of body fat can damage your liver. Start with a diet plan about a weight-loss, if you are obese or overweight.