Guduchi or giloy is a famous Ayurvedic herb, used extensively in many diseases like fever, diabetes, urinary tract disorders, anemia, jaundice, asthma, cardiac disorders. It is the most common immune-modulator herb. In Ayurveda, it is named as amrita because of numerous medicinal properties. Giloy acts as an anti-inflammatory, anti-arthritic, anti-cancerous, and excellent body purifier.
Giloy is an herb that is common in Ayurvedic practice and is termed as queen of herbs. It has been used in Ayurveda for years to treat various kinds of disorders. Giloy has often known as ‘Amruta’ – the Sanskrit term for nectar. Botanically, giloy is a deciduous shrub that creeps and grows in tropical areas.
- Botanical name: Tinospora cordifolia
- Family: Menispermaceae
- Qualities, the effect on tridoshas.
- Rasa(taste)- Kashaya
- Vipaka- taste conversion after digestion, madhura
- Guna –qualities-laghu- light to digest Snigdha-oily, unctuous
- Veerya-potency- ushana hot
- Effect on tridoshas- doshatrayahara- balances tridosha- Vata, pitta, kapha.
Medicinal value of giloy:
The giloy can treat a myriad of diseases as it is high in nutritional value. It has an abundant amount of alkaloids. Other biochemical materials found in giloy are flavonoids, steroids, carbohydrates, lignans, and so on. Due to its high nutrient value, giloy is used to manufacture many herbal, ayurvedic and modern treatment.
As per Ayurveda giloy act as:
- Cardio tonic
- Bitter tonic
Benefits of giloy:
1. Boost immune system:
Giloy is a universal immunity-boosting herb”. It is rich in antioxidant properties that fight against free-radicals, keep body cells healthy and helps to get rid of diseases. Giloy helps to remove harmful toxins, purifies blood, fights against diseases causing bacteria and also combats with liver disorders and urinary tract infections. it is useful in treating infertility and also Giloy is experts in treating heart related conditions
2. Treats Chronic Fever:
Giloy is useful to treat recurrent fevers. hence Giloy acts as anti-pyretic in nature, it helps to reduce signs and symptoms of several life-threatening conditions like Swine Flu, Dengue, and Malaria as well”.
3. Improves Digestion:
“Giloy is very useful in improving the digestive system and treating bowel related disorders. You can consume half a gram of giloy powder or capsule with some amla daily to maximize results, or with jaggery for treating issues like constipation.
4. Treats Diabetes mellitus:
Giloy acts as a hypoglycaemic drug and helps to treat diabetes particularly Type 2 diabetes. Giloy juice helps reduce high levels of blood sugar and works as a wonderful herb.
5. Reduces Stress and Anxiety:
Giloy acts as an adaptogenic herb. It helps to reduce mental stress as well as anxiety issues. It helps to get rid of toxins, enhances the memory, makes your mind calms and makes it great health tonic when combined with other herbs.
6. Fights Respiratory disorders:
Giloy is popularly known as an anti-inflammatory herb and helps to reduce respiratory problems like frequent cough, cold, tonsils, and other respiratory disorders”.
7. Treats Arthritis:
“Giloy acts as an anti-inflammatory and has anti-arthritic properties that help treat arthritis and its several signs and symptoms. For relieving joint pain, the powder from giloy stem can be boiled with milk or water and can be consumed daily. to treat rheumatoid arthritis one can be used along with ginger
8. Reduces Asthmatic Symptoms:
The symptoms of asthma are chest tightness, coughing, shortness of breath, wheezing, etc. which makes it very difficult to treat such a condition. One can Chew giloy root or can drink giloy juice which is helpful to treat asthma.
9. Improves Vision:
Giloy plant is applied to the eyes in several parts of India as it helps to boost the clarity of vision. One can boil Giloy powder in water, allow it to cool down and apply over the eyelids.
10. Reduces Signs Of Aging:
Giloy plant contains properties like anti aging that help reduce dark spots, pimples, fine lines and wrinkles. It gives you that flawless, glowing skin
- One can use giloy decoction along with ghee empty stomach, daily in the morning time helps to cure all types of skin disorders.
- Using giloy delays the ejaculation time and thus it acts as an aphrodisiac in nature. Giloy is one of the best herbs for the management of premature ejaculation.
- Giloy is given to lactating mothers, who are experiencing a lack of milk production.
- It acts as a rejuvenating herb, especially in the Ayurvedic system of medicine.
- It is quite effective for gastro-intestinal disorders like acid dyspepsia, dyspepsia, gastritis, etc.
- It is known as Indian Quinine and used widely in Infective spleenomegaly, hepatitis, and in the last stage of syphilis.
- It helps to vitalize the liver tissues thus safeguards the liver, kidney and heart functioning.
- Giloy acts as a powerful medhya Rasayana, which helps to enhance power as well as memory grasping.
- Giloy increases the antibody-producing cells, and stimulates the immunity and helps in circulating antibody throughout the body.
GILOY CAPSULES BY CAC
CAC Giloy Capsules are herbo mineral and purely Ayurvedic formulation. Giloy has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for ages. It is also known as AMRITA which translates to the root of immortality because of its abundant medicinal properties. It can be used in the form of capsules, juice, and powder. But CAC capsules are highly efficient as they contain the required amount of Giloy in them and are 100% natural and safe. It is one of the best Rasayan of Ayurveda that helps Rejuvenate your body in all aspects. It is a very good antioxidant, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-microbial herb. Giloy capsules support normal kidney functions, have blood purifying properties, treat liver disorders, skin diseases, general weakness and boost your immune system to fight against infections.
USES OF GILOY CAPSULES:
- Boost immunity
- Treat chronic fevers
- Improves digestion
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Treat Diabetes
- Fight Respiratory problems
- Treat Arthritis
- Improves vision
- Reduce signs of aging
- Reduce Asthmatic symptoms
Each 500 mg capsule contains:
Giloy (Tinospora Cordifolia) 500mg
DOSAGE: Take 1-2 capsules twice daily after meals.
- Chandigarh Ayurved Centre products are 100% safe and natural. MADE IN INDIA.
- This product is formulated under the guidance of the MD Ayurveda expert.
- Natural and herbal products for overall health.
- Free from preservatives and chemicals.
- 125 years of serving mankind through Ayurveda.
- Serving society 4th Generation in Ayurveda