Piles are collections of tissue mass that are usually inflamed & present in the anal area. It may be internal or external that may vary in different sizes. Another name for piles is hemorrhoids. It usually contains tissues, muscles, blood vessels, & elastic fibers. In Ayurveda, piles are known as “Arsha” this disease mainly takes place due to poor dietary changes & wrong lifestyle habits that make your agni (digestive fire) mandagni.
When a person is facing mandagni problem than there is an inability to digest food material properly, there is an accumulation or stagnation of Aama in the form of stool inside. It disturbs the doshas in the anorectal region. There are mainly two types of arsha (piles) mentioned in Ayurveda. One is shushk arsha that doesn’t bleed & causes an imbalance in vata & kapha dosha. Another is sravi arsha in which a patient passes bright red color blood with stool. Mainly pitta & rakta is imbalanced in the body.
What are the different Types of Piles and its Symptoms?
The different types of piles along with the symptoms are mentioned below:
- Internal piles: Internal piles cause discomfort while passing stools. There are pile mass tags that lie inside the rectum. In this type of piles painless bleeding during bowel movements take place. The mass tags are pushed through the opening of the anus region.
- External piles: External piles are the skin that is present around the anal region. Itching, irritation, pain while passing stools, bleeding, discomfort, & swelling around the anus.
- Thrombosed piles: In this type, when the blood pools in an external pile it forms clot over there. Severe pain, inflammation, swelling, & hard lumps are formed near the anal region.
What are the Causes of Piles?
The different causes of piles are chronic constipation, pregnancy, straining while passing stool, chronic diarrhea, being obese, eating low fiber diet, etc.
Ayurvedic treatment for Piles: In Ayurveda, there are different herbs treat piles naturally. “Piles relief kit” shows effective & good results to piles patients. This kit contains five ayurvedic medicines Arshkuthar ras, Arsho-Fit capsule, Panchsakar churna, Detox premium powder, & Triphala syrup.
All products description in detail:
1 Arsho Fit Capsule
Arsho Fit capsules are pure ayurvedic preparation that is prepared from ingredients such as nag keshar, shodhit suhaga, shodit gairik, raswanti, sonth, ritharakh, etc. These herbal capsules balance kapha & pitta dosha in the body. The use of these capsules provides effective results in itching, inflammation, bleeding piles, mass tags, swelling around the anus, pain in the anal region, etc.
Dosage: Take 2 capsules twice daily with normal water.
2. Panchsakar Churna
This is a pure ayurvedic preparation that contains herbal ingredients such as haritaki, shunthi, pippali, sauvarchala lavana, & trivrit. The use of this churna balances vata & kapha dosha in the body. Panchsakar churna provides effective relief in abdominal pain, cramps, bloating, loss of appetite, & constipation problem.
Dosage: Take 1 teaspoonful once daily at bedtime with lukewarm water.
3. Triphala Syrup
Triphala syrup contains ingredients such as Haritaki, Bibhitaki, & Amalaki that clean your bowel naturally. Chronic constipation is treated with the regular use of this syrup. It keeps your digestion healthy.
Dosage: Take 2 teaspoonful twice daily before meals.
3. Detox Premium Powder
Detox premium powder is prepared from ingredients such as akik pishti, jahar mohra pishti, parwal pishti, giloy satv, tal sindoor, gandhak rasayan, etc. These all ingredients show antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, analgesic, immuno-modulator properties.
Dosage: Take 1 sachet twice daily with normal water.
4. Arshkuthar Ras
These are ayurvedic herbal tablets that are formulated with shuddha gandhak, bilva, danti, abhrak bhasma, loha bhasma. The ingredients used for the preparation of these tablets provide good results in dealing with the symptoms related to piles. The pile mass tags are cleared with the regular use of these herbal tablets.
Dosage: Take 2 tablets twice daily with normal water.
Along with these medicines follow a good diet & the home remedies mentioned below in detail:
- Include fruits such as apple, papaya, watermelon, muskmelon, pear, etc. in your daily routine as they are rich in fiber content.
- Prepare a fresh juice of apple, carrot, beetroot, pomegranate to get relief from bleeding piles situation.
- Drink a glass of buttermilk by adding roasted cumin seeds powder, a pinch of black pepper powder & black salt in it.
- Include fresh vegetables in your diet such as bottle gourd, ridge gourd, pumpkin, bitter gourd, coriander leaves, spinach, etc in your diet.
- Drink plenty of water to avoid constipation.
- If you are facing chronic constipation problems during piles than at night time drink a glass of lukewarm milk by adding three teaspoonful of castor oil in it.
- Radish juice is also good for piles patients. So drink a cup of this freshly prepared juice at home to deal with the piles.
- If you are facing the problem of itching, irritation, swelling, & inflammation at anal region than apply coconut oil over the affected area.
- Take two to four dry figs & soak it overnight. Early in the morning on an empty stomach eat these figs to get relief from piles. The figs are rich in high fiber content.
- Aloe vera is a herbal plant that shows antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, analgesic properties. If you are facing problems such as irritation, itching, pain, & swelling in the anal region than cut a piece Aloe vera leaves & collect fresh Aloe vera gel from it. Apply this gel over the affected area of the anal region.
- Psyllium husk is rich in fiber content that makes the stool soft. Increased fiber content will reduce gas, stomach cramps, irritation, itching, & bleeding piles. So take a teaspoonful of Psyllium husk in a glass of milk or a bowl of curd. Consume this once or twice daily to get relief.
- Drink green coconut water daily as it helps in overall detoxification of the body & removes all toxins. This drink provides energy & removes weakness.