What is an Ovarian Cyst and it’s Treatment with Ayurveda?
The ovaries are a part of the female reproductive system and are located in the lower abdomen on both sides of the uterus.
An Ovarian cyst is a closed, sac-like structure that is filled with a liquid or semisolid substance. Nowadays, this condition has become very common in females of all ages and mostly occurs due to Hormonal imbalances, pregnancy, severe pelvic infections, endometriosis, lifestyle changes, etc.
Common symptoms of ovarian cyst are irregular periods, pain in abdomen or pelvis, fatigue, headache, nausea, abnormal uterine bleeding and in certain cases, it can become malignant or cancerous. Some women develop a condition called polycystic ovarian syndrome, which occurs when the ovaries contain a large number of small cysts.
In Ayurveda, the ovarian cyst is termed as ‘Kaphaja Granthi’, and is characterized by slight pain and excessive itching, and feels hard and compact as a stone.
In Modern pathy, several of steroidal medicines are given and if the condition is not cured surgery will be recommended with many other side effects. Besides modern medicines, there is a wide range of ayurvedic treatment for ovarian cyst safely and naturally. Chandigarh Ayurved Centre made a specialized kit ‘Ovarian Cyst Heal Kit’ that is made up of purely natural herbs and has a proven effect. The kit has a total of 5 products – Stri vyadhihari tablets, Kanchnaar guggul, Stri-poshak syrup, Rajahpravartani vati, Stri-poshak capsules.
ALL PRODUCTS DESCRIPTION IN DETAIL:
1. Stri Vyadhihari Tablets
An excellent remedy for curing the condition of ovarian cyst is Stri vyadhihari tablets. It contains the ingredients that are very helpful in reducing the size of the cyst and eliminate it from the body. The tablets are prepared from ingredients like Sootikabharan rasa, Shunthi, Latakaranj Beeja, Karpasamoola, Shatapushpa, etc. The ingredients mainly balance the Vata and Pitta Dosha and show antispasmodic, analgesic, anti-inflammatory properties and also maintain the hormonal imbalance.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 tablet twice daily with normal water.
2. Kanchnaar Guggul
Kanchnaar guggul is highly beneficial to correct the hormonal imbalance and also reduces menstrual disorders. The herbal tablets are prepared from ingredients like Bibhitaki, Pippali, Shunthi, Kachnaar bark, etc. The tablet helps in relieving the abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, headache and reduces the size of the cyst.
Recommended Dosage: Take 2 tablets twice daily with normal water.
3. Stri-Poshak Syrup
Stri poshak syrup is highly beneficial in curing women’s health. This herbal syrup is prepared from ingredients like Amla, Haritaki, Shatavari, Ashwagandha, Ashok chall, Lodhar chall, Khadir chall, etc. It makes the reproductive system strong and cure all types of ovarian problems. The syrup also helps in relieving the abdominal pain, sweating, tiredness, nausea etc.
Recommended Dosage: Take 2 teaspoonfuls twice daily.
4. Rajahpravartani Vati
Rajahpravartani vati is ayurvedic medicine widely used to treat gynecological conditions. The tablet contains Kanyasara, Kaseesa, Tankana, Ramatha, etc. and the fine powdered of all these are triturated with aloe vera juice. It has carminative, anti-spasmodic, Vata shamaka and vata anulomaka properties. The ingredients present in the tablet also promote menstrual discharge due to its emmenagogue action.
Recommended Dosage: Take 2 tablets twice daily with normal water.
5. Stri–Poshak Capsules
Stri poshak capsules are highly beneficial to manage the ovarian cyst and it is made up of purely natural herbs like – Supari, Ashok chall, Lodhara chall, Aamlaki, Nagkesar, Khadir chall etc. Thus it balances the Kapha and Pitta dosha and is very beneficial to reduce the depression, heaviness and pain, nausea, vomiting, painful bowel movements, etc.
Recommended Dosage – Take 2 capsules twice a day with normal water.
Healthy Tips & Diet
With ovarian cyst, if you follow a good lifestyle and food habits you will able to reduce the condition naturally. It was noticed that change in lifestyle can improve this condition. The following are some preventive measures which must be followed by a healthy woman as well as women who are suffering from an ovarian cyst.
- Eat those fruits and vegetables which are rich in alkaline content. Take magnesium-rich fruits and vegetables like bananas, sprout, cashew nuts, cauliflower, sweet potatoes, cabbage and broccoli, etc that help in the reduction of pain.
- Strictly avoid caffeine products, it can disrupt the hormones. Avoid salty food, cheese, and yogurt.
- The regular use of Amla helps in maintaining the proper functioning of the liver. It is a natural antioxidant that removes free radicals from the body and helps in the regeneration of cells. Amla also increasing body vitality and strengthening immunity.
- Ginger tea is another herbal option for natural relief of pain and cramping. It stops the growth of ovarian cancer cells and may treat ovarian cancer.
- Stress, depression, and anxiety can make the pain worse. By doing some relaxation techniques, such as meditation, yoga and deep breathing may help to relieve anxiety and reduce the intensity of the pain. These techniques can also improve the general health of an individual.
- If a woman is overweight, losing weight may help her body in regulating proper hormones, prevent the development of more cysts, and improve symptoms of pain and fatigue.
- Beetroot contains betacyanin, a compound in our body that helps boost the liver’s ability to get rid of toxins that are lingering in our system. Beetroot also has an alkaline nature which in turn helps balance the acidity in our system. Their combined action helps decrease the symptoms that are caused by the ovarian cyst.
- Sweet Marjoram oil – It is very effective in soothing the muscle aches, cramps. The oil has great laxative when applied topically with a base carrier oil and massaged over the bowel and intestines.
- Applying heat increases blood flow, helping to reduce pain. Try applying a heating pad or hot water bottle wrapped in a towel to the stomach or lower back for about 20-30 minutes.
- Flaxseed – Flaxseeds help in balancing the amount of estrogen and flush out the toxins from the body. For this, mix one tablespoon of ground flaxseeds in a glass of warm water and drink it daily on an empty stomach.
- Almond – Almond is loaded with magnesium which helps in regularizing the menstruation cycle and also reduces the abdominal cramps. Have 5-7 soaked almonds daily.