Natural Treatment of Hypertension
Hypertension is a condition in which the blood pressure is higher than 140mm Hg systolic (upper) or 90mm Hg diastolic (lower) [120mm Hg systolic & 80mm Hg diastolic is normal value]. On three separate readings recorded several weeks apart. Blood pressure is the lateral pressure exerted by blood on the vessel walls while flowing through it.
TYPES OF HYPERTENSION
1. Primary or Essential Hypertension:-
Cause of increase in Blood pressure is unknown.
2. Secondary Hypertension:-
Caused by disease of the kidney, Endocrines or some other organs.
SYMPTOMS OF HYPERTENSION
- Dizzy spells
- Shortness of breath
- Nose bleeds
- Sensitivity to light
- High cholesterol
- Red eyes.
CAUSES OF HYPERTENSION
- Obesity, Kidney disease,
- Excess alcohol consumption,
- Use of certain drugs e.g. cocain, steroids
- Arteriosclerosis (Thickening of the walls of the arterioles, with loss of elasticity & contractibility)
- Fatty deposition inside arteries.
- Hormonal disorders, Heart defects, Sleep apnea, Pregnancy.
NATURAL TREATMENT OF HYPERTENSION
Herbs & Supplements:-
- Arjuna (Chaal)
Mind & Body Approach:-
- Anuloma viloma (slow)
- Kapal bhati (slow)
- Yoga Nidra
Diet (Do’s & Don’ts)
|Lemon, Garlic||Common salt|
|Juice of raw cabbage||Soft drinks|
|Milk, Eggs & all fruits||Meat|
|Leaves & Juice of Reddish||Fish|
|Frozen food (e.g. custards, Ice-creams, jelly, cold water)|
- Healthy diet, Manage diet
- Eat fruits, vegetables
- Fat free or low fat milk & dietary products.
- Regular Exercise.