Migraine – Causes, Symptoms and Natural Treatment
Severe head ache mostly affecting one side of the head often accompanied by nausea, vomiting, and visual disturbances.
According to Ayurveda it is considered as a symptom of impaired digestion and acidity.
Symptoms of Migraine
- Throbbing pain on one side of the head
- Visual disturbances
- Pain become worse by physical activities
Cause of Migraine
- Acidity, impaired digestion
- Genetic factor
- Stress, anxiety,
- Hot, spicy, processed food
- Missing a meal
- Excessive use of pain killers etc.
- Menstrual period
We focus on the root cause that is mostly indigestion, stress, or hormonal imbalance sometimes by balancing pitta dosha of the body.
Natural Treatment for Migraine
- Aloe vera,
- Indian gooseberry
- Jasmine leaves,
- Sipping cold milk
- Juice of pudina leaves
- Aloe vera juice, giloy juice
- Chandan lep on fore head
- Chandan lep on head
- Shirodhara – Pouring of warm medicated oil on head
- Nasya – medicated oil is administered through nostrils.
- Drink plenty of water
- Fruits like guvava, apple, coconut, water melon etc
- Meals on proper time.
- Proper sleep, meditation, pranayama.
- Spicy, salty, fried food.
- Skipping meals.
- Curd, excessive tea, coffee, mangoes, tomatoes.
- Meat, eggs, alcohol, smoking.