Herbs for Natural Treatment of Cataract
Cataract is the common eye disorder which occurs in people who are above 50 years old. The severe condition will result in loss of vision and need immediate medical care. It is mainly formed by the cloudiness of lens due to protein depositions which ultimately lead to vision problems. One should keep his or her eyes in a good condition for preventing the cataract symptoms effectively. Cataracts involve different types which make a person undergo major discomforts in life. Those who want to eliminate them should consult with an eye specialist for reducing the risks significantly.
Treatments for cataracts mainly depend on the type making the patients recover from the symptoms considerably. Even though advanced medical technologies are available for improving the conditions, some may face troubles after undergoing a procedure. As a result, several patients prefer alternative treatments in order to avoid the complications.
Causes of Cataract
- UV rays
- Diabetes and other medical conditions
- Injury to eye lens
- Decay of lens
- Vitamin deficiency
- Excess consumption of alcohol
- Lack of sleep
Symptoms of Cataract
Cataract may lead to following symptoms that need special attention:-
- Dark spots
- Blur vision
- Near sightedness
- Difficulties to observe objects
- Grayish white discoloration of the pupil
- Double vision
- Problems in differentiating colors
- Glaring in day time
- Driving problems at night
- Sensitivity to light
How can Ayurveda help in Cataract Problems?
Ayurveda is an ancient medical system which utilizes herbal plants and other procedures for treating a variety of health disorders. It can make wonderful effects on the human body enabling patients to recover from the symptoms with high success rates. The results are long lasting one which give ways for living a problem less life.
It recommends herbal treatments based on the Vata, Pitta, and Kapha doshas. However, they may vary from one person to another that shows ways for improving the conditions. Most Ayurvedic physicians mainly focus on balancing the doshas efficiently with herbal plans for achieving optimal results.
Herbs for Cataract
1. Triphala (Amalaki, Haritaki & Bibhitaki)
Triphala is an excellent choice for those who are suffering from eye disorders. The herbal plant promotes eye health to stay away from cataract symptoms.
- Amalaki (Phyllanthus emblica) – Amalaki is the most used herbal plant in Ayurveda because it contains several medical properties. It plays a key role in enhancing the eye sight thereby showing ways for reducing cataract symptoms. Apart from that, the herb is a suitable one for diabetic patients to minimize the cataracts.
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) – Haritaki is a powerful herb which can help to reduce the cloudiness of eye lens allowing the patients to get relief from cataracts.
- Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica) – This herbal plant makes feasible ways for regulating the Kapha dosha efficiently enabling the patients to witness major changes.
2. Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera)
Ashwagandha herbal plant enables cataract patients to recover from the symptoms gradually for obtaining optimal results.
3. Bhringraj (Eclipta prostrata)
Bhringraj herb contains valuable healing properties that contribute to promote eye health. Furthermore, it gives ways for enhancing the eyesight to lower the cataract symptoms.
4. Yashtimadhu (Glycyrrhiza glabra)
Yashstimadhu herbal plant pacifies the aggravated Pitta dosha with excellent medical properties making the patients to restore eye conditions.
5. Bilberry (Vaccinium myrtillus)
Bilberry herbal plant aids in the treatment and prevention of eye disorders. In fact, it works wonderfully on the eyes to overcome unwanted problems.
Diet and Lifestyle
Anyone who is following the diet and lifestyle can recover from cataracts after taking the herbal plants:-
- Having adequate sleep
- Avoiding refined, bitter, sour, oily, fired, and pungent foods
- Consuming diet which is rich in vitamin A & C
- Taking a lot of fruits
- Preventing direct contact with fumes and chemicals
- Controlling excessive exposure to heat and sunlight
- Undergoing regular eye checkups
- Applying medicated anjanas to maintain eyes in a clean condition
- Washing eyes daily with rose water
- Including vegetables in diet
Natural treatments are 100% safe allowing the patients to avoid side effects.